Superheroes and Comic Book Club discussion

Comics & Superheroes:Other Media > 2015 Comic Book Movies

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jim, The Ulti-Moderator (new)

Jim (jkmfilms) | 785 comments Mod
Okay - I could start 75 separate threads - and if anyone wants to discuss a specific movie on one, thread, feel free.

But I thought I'd find out what everyone thinks about the upcoming comic book films.

So far, I think my favorite trailer is Ant-Man. It looks intense, hilarious, and it even gave me chills. Can't wait to take my kids to see this.

Of course, a close second is Avengers 2. Joss Whedon is king. If this is half as good as the first, it will be excellent.

I hope Batman vs Superman is good. But damn, that trailer is dark. I keep thinking Spawn, Punisher, or Ghost Rider is going to jump out. I hope the whole film isn't that dark and intense. For me, the jury's still out on Zac Snyder - all style no substance. (I guess this is technically a 2016 movie, but the trailer's out.)

In fact, even though Batman's my favorite hero, the trailer for Fantastic Four looks like it has more promise. Maybe I'm just cynical.

What is everyone else looking forward to?

message 2: by Stabbing (new)

Stabbing I always want to see everything. I'm looking forward to Age of Ultron the most though. I really like DC heros the best but have ended up liking Marvel's cinematic universe far more than DC.

DC seems to have been going with these more "realistic" takes, and I don't really like it as much. For me it kind of kills the wonder, and joy of superheros... I do usually end up liking most comic book movies. I just didn't fall in love with the Nolan Batman or the last Superman like I did with Captain America.

Ant Man I'm not very familiar with, so have no expectations, so will probably end up loving it.

message 3: by Jim, The Ulti-Moderator (new)

Natalie wrote: "I always want to see everything. I'm looking forward to Age of Ultron the most though. I really like DC heros the best but have ended up liking Marvel's cinematic universe far more than DC.

DC..."

Oh, don't get me wrong - I'll see all of them in the theater :)

But I agree that the last few Batman and Superman have taken the wonder and joy out of superheroes. I like how you put that! Can I use it? I've been trying to put my finger on my issues with these movies...

message 4: by Stabbing (new)

Stabbing Jim wrote: "Natalie wrote: "I like how you put that! Can I use it? I've been trying to put my finger on my issues with these movies... "

;-) Feel free.

message 5: by Sharanja (new)

Sharanja | 1 comments I'm really looking forward to the Fantastic Four movie! The trailer looks exciting, and I want to see how they tie it into the whole MCU.

message 6: by Jim, The Ulti-Moderator (new)

Sharanja wrote: "I'm really looking forward to the Fantastic Four movie! The trailer looks exciting, and I want to see how they tie it into the whole MCU."

I'm hoping it's good!

Are they planning on tying it in? I didn't realize it was a Marvel Studios movie...

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) They all look good but I haven't seen any trailers that have looked too exciting yet. I'll end up seeing all of them.