2022 Reading Challenge discussion

Jane Eyre
This topic is about Jane Eyre
ARCHIVE - General > Jane Eyre

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Winter, Group Reads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Winter (winter9) | 4636 comments Is Jane Eyre concidered a romance?

message 2: by Maria (last edited Apr 22, 2015 09:04AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maria (mariah90602) | 1812 comments It's a classic, but I would also consider it a romance. Great book by the way. One of my favorites.

Kadijah Michelle (kadmich) | 2176 comments Absolutely! It's almost a Beauty and the Beast story.

message 4: by Winter, Group Reads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Winter (winter9) | 4636 comments Great!

Jackie | 48 comments The best book I've ever read. I couldn't put it down.

message 6: by Winter, Group Reads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Winter (winter9) | 4636 comments That's great to hear! I draw it in the randomiser challenge, so it's going to be read this year.

message 7: by Rebecca (new) - added it

Rebecca Monson (becci95) I finished a few weeks ago and I love the story and how it's more modern and not like Jane Austen works which I love but I love how it's not all good and proper in the sense of Jane talks about more hard ships and topics which weren't talked of at the time. And it's more thought out writing the Emily's Charlottes sister book wuthering heights which I found was confusing and no character in that book is like able but you get drawn into the twisted story so you and up doing but it's like against your will but the Jane Eyre I love everyone and everything in it just a great story.

message 8: by Winter, Group Reads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Winter (winter9) | 4636 comments Rebecca wrote: "I finished a few weeks ago and I love the story and how it's more modern and not like Jane Austen works which I love but I love how it's not all good and proper in the sense of Jane talks about mor..."

I loved them both :) Might have liked Wuthering Heights a little bit more though, it's twisted, weird and I like that.

Both great books though, hope I enjoy Austen more later, Persuasion was so and so to me. A little too sweet.

message 9: by Rebecca (new) - added it

Rebecca Monson (becci95) I have read all of Jane Austen works and loved them all she really is a great writer and north anger Abby is twisted and talks of a book by Anne Radcliffe which I plan on getting and reading it's very gothic novel. I loved the twisted bits in it very unexpected from janes work more of her experimenting and it works very well to me. I did like persuasion though to me it was more of a falling back in love story and it was sweet but I did not feel it was to sweet just right for me.

message 10: by Winter, Group Reads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Winter (winter9) | 4636 comments Rebecca wrote: "I have read all of Jane Austen works and loved them all she really is a great writer and north anger Abby is twisted and talks of a book by Anne Radcliffe which I plan on getting and reading it's v..."

The Mysteries of Udolpho?

I really really want to like Austen, my sister loves her!

Next up from her is Pride and Prejudice, hope I really like that one :)

message 11: by Kara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kara (karaayako) | 3978 comments Winter wrote: "Next up from her is Pride and Prejudice, hope I really like that one :) "

One of my all-time faves!

message 12: by Winter, Group Reads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Winter (winter9) | 4636 comments Kara wrote: "Winter wrote: "Next up from her is Pride and Prejudice, hope I really like that one :) "

One of my all-time faves!"

*crossed fingers*

message 13: by Rebecca (new) - added it

Rebecca Monson (becci95) Yes that is the one I am going to be getting for Christmas as it sounds really good

Fabian {Councillor} (councillor) | 26 comments I'm really looking forward to reading it. It's actually already on my shelves as I ordered it via Amazon recently, but I haven't got around to starting it yet.

message 15: by Caro (new) - rated it 3 stars

Caro (karopi) | 992 comments I read it long time ago and read it twice. I remember that I love it. I may read it again next year, but more than romance I will consider a drama story... For me it does not have the typical romance story line but I can be wrong...

message 16: by Phil (new) - rated it 3 stars

Phil Jensen | 12 comments Is it a romance? I think so. It is largely concerned with the nature of love and the seeking of love. So romance fans say that it is not a romance because they do not enjoy it in the same way as a typical romance novel. I don't read a lot of Harlequins, so I can't comment on its relation to the genre.