KidLit discussion

Will someone make our group an avatar/banner?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meg (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:54AM) (new)

Meg (roygbivsbooklog) | 15 comments Mod
I'd love to have a snappy looking avatar or banner representing KidLit, but I don't have the skills and don't feel comfortable lifting someone else's artwork. Would someone like to create an image/logo/what have you for our discussion group?

Thanks in advance.

message 2: by Janine (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:30PM) (new)

Janine Parsons | 8 comments I was thinking about a book that has a door on the front cover (you can see this on Microsoft Office Online clipart-search for "library" check on pg. 15) and then have a young child, youth, adult holding a baby and grandparent are entering the door to the book to explore.

I also like the idea of a book being open and several bubbles of simple pictures are in the bubbles above the book. In the bubbles the pictures represent the genres like a robot for Science Fiction, dragon for Fantasy, Pirate for Adventure, laughing person for Jokes etc.

You could do something simple with just the name "KidLit" by putting a boys face for the dot on the "i" and a girls face for the dot on the other "i" and make the "i's" wider so they are like a book and that would be the boy and girl's bodies and then add simple arms/hands ataching them to the book which is their body. A few star like streamer fireworks around the banner etc.

message 3: by Ada (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:30PM) (new)

Ada | 1 comments The bubble idea is clever.

message 4: by Pulung (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:32PM) (new)

Pulung | 4 comments I am agree...

The "bubble" idea from Janine will be great!

But... Again...
I also can't help to create it.

Anybody?

-ria-

message 5: by Janine (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:32PM) (new)

Janine Parsons | 8 comments What dimensions do you want for the banner?

message 6: by Jackie "the Librarian" (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:42PM) (new)

Jackie "the Librarian" How about a Children's Book Week poster, like the one from 1925. I don't think anyone would mind if we used it. It's not for sale anymore from the Children's Book Council, and it's all over the Web.

http://www.enter.net/~brisson/GoodBoo...

message 7: by Jackie "the Librarian" (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:53PM) (new)

Jackie "the Librarian" So, if everyone likes the image:

http://www.enter.net/~brisson/GoodBoo...

how do we get it up and running?

message 8: by Val (new)

Val (valz) I love the image. It's easy to add it. Who is the group moderator? All you do is click on the icon you want to change and you will see a choose file button, click on it and then upload the new icon.