Audiobooks discussion

Archives > I've overtaken Ellen! Free audiobooks for all...

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Will (new)

Will Watt | 13 comments

Calling all lovers of funny things. My most recent audiobook, Diary of an Expectant Father, has just overtaken Ellen DeGeneres on the Audible UK best-sellers list for Comedy! In celebration of this momentous achievement, I’ve got a two-for-one giveaway for you.

If you’d like to bag yourself a free copy of Diary of an Expectant Father AND its sequel, Diary of a Hapless Father, leave a comment below (congratulating me on ousting the great and powerful E.D.), then shoot me a private message with your audible email address as well as your preferred audible site (.com, or .co.uk).

The books follow Graham Peterson – a down on his luck twenty-something who is faced with becoming a father for the first time whilst struggling with a terrible job, overbearing parents, and a best friend whose idea of a good time is two bottles of Port down at the local pub.

If you’re a fan of Adrian Mole and other British Comedy, you’re sure to love the Diary of a Father series.

Diary of an Expectant Father
Diary Of A Hapless Father: Months 0-3

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica  (jessical1961) | 519 comments Hey, Will! Congratulations on overtaking Ellen Degeneres in the comedy category!!! That is quite a feat considering who she is!

message 3: by Will (new)

Will Watt | 13 comments Thanks, Jeffrey! Two audiobooks should be whizzing their way to your email account right as we speak! Enjoy!

message 4: by Claude (new)

Claude (claudecf) | 6 comments Congratulations, Will! That is quite an achievement. I'm dying to see, no, to listen to your audiobook.

message 5: by Will (new)

Will Watt | 13 comments Hiya Claude. Thank you!

Please can you send me a private message with your email address? That way, I can send you over copies of the books! :-)

Happy Friday!

Will

message 6: by Claude (new)

Claude (claudecf) | 6 comments I did send you a private message through GoodReads

message 7: by Will (new)

Will Watt | 13 comments Awesome! Thank you!

message 8: by Claude (new)

Claude (claudecf) | 6 comments Thank YOU! I just received my gifts! I will let you know what I think!

message 9: by Casseroll (new)

Casseroll | 45 comments Congratulations on your come-up.

message 10: by D (new)

D | 1 comments As I'm a big fan of ED's audio books, I am interested to see what you bring to the reading table . And a big congrats for the audio upset.

message 11: by Claude (last edited Apr 24, 2015 11:24AM) (new)

Claude (claudecf) | 6 comments I am so sorry, because I'll never know how good this is. Although I have been able to download the audiobooks, iTunes won't let me read either. I suppose it's because I'm in France. Goodreads may be international, but iTunes and audible don't seem to be.
Thanks for the try though!

message 12: by Will (new)

Will Watt | 13 comments Thank you everyone for all the interest - I've run out of .com codes, but should have some more on Monday. I'll update this when I know.

Claude - have you tried listening in the audible web player? Or on the mobile app on your iPhone?

Warm regards

WIll

message 13: by Claude (new)

Claude (claudecf) | 6 comments I can only get it on my iPhone through iTunes and it won't accept my password. I have a Mac, therefore there is no app for audible, it is supposed to work with iTunes, but iTunes tells me my password is not right... Maybe you could give my files to somebody else.

message 14: by Justin (last edited Apr 26, 2015 07:46AM) (new)

Justin (justinswapp) | 62 comments Claude - You can stream through audible.com on your mac (no need for an app.) In other words, you can listen to anything in your audible library right there on the audible website.

message 15: by Claude (last edited Apr 26, 2015 10:02AM) (new)

Claude (claudecf) | 6 comments Justin, thanks for the tip! I feel stupid not even thinking about this!
Thanks again

message 16: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinswapp) | 62 comments Don't feel that way. Audible has been so good about creating apps and the like, it would be easy for anyone to over look.

Cheers!
J

message 17: by Trish (new)

Trish (trishga) | 212 comments I would love to listen to this book, Will, but can't find your email. Here's my info:

ttjbricker@hotmail.com, US site.

Thanks!

message 18: by Will (new)

Will Watt | 13 comments Hiya All

My code drought is over, so I've caught up with my backlog from last week. I have around 10 codes remaining before I'm done for good.

Claude - I hope you managed to listen along from the web player.

Justin - Thank you for your help! Do let me know if you'd like a free copy.

Trish - I've sent you some copies, but you may wish to edit your last message and delete your email address so that nobody else jumps on it and starts using it!

Happy Monday, y'all!

Will