Cyberpunk discussion

Marketing, Beta Readers, Reviews > Free Psiberpunk Short Story

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cyber (new)

Cyber Killer | 15 comments Hate Amazon, sorry, won't read. (I only buy/get books in DRM-free epub.) You need to extend your shops reach, I'd recommend going to Smashwords.

message 2: by Cyber (new)

Cyber Killer | 15 comments Nicholas wrote: "Cyber wrote: "Hate Amazon, sorry, won't read. (I only buy/get books in DRM-free epub.) You need to extend your shops reach, I'd recommend going to Smashwords."

No worries...
I make mine drm free o..."

I fully understand that Amazon get authors to be exclusive on their platform. They should get smacked around in court for such monopolistic practices.

There's also a technical side - 90% of ebook readers in the world use the standard epub format. Only amazons readers use their custom mobi/prc format, which is the only one that amazon sells.

message 3: by Cyber (new)

Cyber Killer | 15 comments Nicholas wrote: "I didn't know that.

Thanks cyber...
Their kindle's are mega expensive too.

when I break the chains of the Devil, I'll wing an epub to you. Until then, what ereader do you use, and what store do..."

I use a cheap ebook reader from a little known company right now (I didn't have a large budget when I was buying it a few years ago), when it eventually breaks I plan to buy one of the Onyx ones. I buy English books mostly from Smashwords (SM is super cool for indie authors, they also have an option to push ebooks from their platform to other popular stores, so you could put an ebook there and have it automatically in nearly every large ebook store without additional effort) and StoryBundle, occasionally also directly from publishers stores (e.g. from Momentum Books). I only buy drm-free epub, it's a matter of ideals for me.

message 4: by Cyber (new)

Cyber Killer | 15 comments Nicholas wrote: "Cyber wrote: "Nicholas wrote: "I didn't know that.

Thanks cyber...
Their kindle's are mega expensive too.

when I break the chains of the Devil, I'll wing an epub to you. Until then, what ereade..."

I don't have the url at hand but I recall that they take less than other book stores. Only if you use them to put your books in other places then the cut goes up, but not more than the usual 30%. As for the meat grinder - since about a year ago every author can upload an epub version directly, without going through the automated converter (you don't get all the other formats though).