What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Fantasy, female protag, orginization of fighters (peacekeppers?) with a power in their hand?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ariel (new)

Ariel | 3 comments I am desperately trying to find the title/author of one of my favorite books from a few years back (I have terrible memory for titles!).

It was fantasy. Female protag, but the 'main cast' was 3-4 chars.

In the early part, the lead gal joins what is essentially the police/justice bringers, through an incredibly harsh physical test. (Possible flags involved?). There were a range of people trying, from orphans to older people destined to fail.

She gets in, and begins schooling.

For the main story, these people are (endowed?) given(?) the ability to kill/take souls via their hands I believe. They must cleanse themselves with a ritual whenever they return to the (tower?) main base.

There are giant birds that they can ride?

There may also have been another female char who is insane/has severe memory loss (?).

Please help! I desperately want to read it again!

Not: Tamora Pierce, Path of Fate, Mercedes Lackey, The Riddle, Green Rider, Abhorsen series, Third Soul

message 2: by Ariel (new)

Ariel | 3 comments Note: While they had the power in their hands, they were trained heavily in physical combat. The power was taxing to use, and they had to cleanse themselves after using it..Cleansing was this elaborate ritual?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37566 comments Mod
Ariel, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37566 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Ariel, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.