Superheroes and Comic Book Club discussion

Comics & Superheroes:Other Media > Daredevil [Netflix Original Series]

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stabbing (last edited Apr 21, 2015 10:05PM) (new)

Stabbing So, the new Daredevil series is already renewed for a second season. I've binge watched the first season already and I'm excited to see more. Anyone else watching?

Also, please remember to use spoiler tags for those who might not be up to date if you choose to discuss specifics.

message 2: by Stabbing (new)

Stabbing I have absolutely no idea who Miles Morales is, so I googled it and I'm still not sure. Is that a spider-man from an alternate earth or something? Doesn't sound like a good fit for the show to me, but who knows.

message 3: by Stabbing (new)

Stabbing Hmmm, yeah. Spiderman has always had a sort of upbeatness to it that doesn't really go with the street level tone; but I was actually thinking also in terms of special effects that some characters are unlikely. Spider-Man antics require a lot of special effects that this production probably doesn't have the budget for.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) The first season was just okay. I will watch the second and hope it does well, but hasn't sucked me in yet.

Stefani - SpelingExpirt (speling_expirt) | 11 comments I'm only a couple of episodes in but when they first introduced the reporter Ben I spent a full five minutes fangirling and hoping it would be the Ben I thought it was and it is! Super excited to see him there.

message 6: by Jim, The Ulti-Moderator (new)

Jim (jkmfilms) | 785 comments Mod
This looks fantastic! I just haven't had the chance to sit down and watch it yet. Kind of excited - and surprised. I had heard it was coming to Netflix, but didn't even find out it had until a few days after it showed up. It seemed to come in under the...

...radar. Ha! I just thought up that.

(Okay - I don't read Daredevil that much, but that may not even be relevant.)

message 7: by Stabbing (new)

Stabbing OOOOhhhh... Jim, that pun almost deserves a drumroll and cymbals... ;-) I feel like the Daredevil series is pretty true to the source material, and I really like it. It's not crazy with special effects so they concentrate more on the story. Fisk, I think they toned down a bit.

message 8: by Jim, The Ulti-Moderator (new)

Ha! Thanks! I wanted to put on some dark glasses :)

I figured that was Kingpin in the trailer. I'm looking forward to watching it...

message 9: by Salvatore (new)

Salvatore | 34 comments I thought it was amazing his red suit in the end was awesome and the stunts were amazing. I loved the relationship between Foggy and Matt throughout. and I also loved Vincent D'onofrio as Kingpin.

Stefani - SpelingExpirt (speling_expirt) | 11 comments Well I am now super annoyed at the show.

(view spoiler)

message 11: by Steven (new)

Steven Morton | 181 comments Jim wrote: "This looks fantastic! I just haven't had the chance to sit down and watch it yet. Kind of excited - and surprised. I had heard it was coming to Netflix, but didn't even find out it had until a few ..."

I am going to try and watch it this weekend; friends of mine say it is great!

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Salvatore wrote: "I thought it was amazing his red suit in the end was awesome and the stunts were amazing. I loved the relationship between Foggy and Matt throughout. and I also loved Vincent D'onofrio as Kingpin."

He plays the role very well.

message 13: by Christian (new)

Christian Green | 16 comments I was hooked after the first episode. I have a totally different respect for DareDevil now and I can't wait for the second season. I'm excited for all the Netflix series, but I really hope they do a Heroes for Hire series as well at some point.

message 14: by MadMaxx (new)

MadMaxx (MaddMax) | 10 comments I haven't seen it yet, but DD is one of my favorite characters, didn't mind the movie because i love DareDevil so i can't wait to watch a whole season of it. I had also heard they were going to reboot the movie, but maybe the show was it, either way i love it already.

message 15: by Tucks (new)

Tucks | 1 comments God, the Daredevil series is seriously one of the best TV shows of all time...that hallway fight scene was legendary.

message 16: by Stabbing (new)

Stabbing Tucks wrote: "God, the Daredevil series is seriously one of the best TV shows of all time...that hallway fight scene was legendary."

This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B66fe...

;-) I may have watched it a few times already....

message 17: by Christian (new)

Christian Green | 16 comments Yeah the entire series was extremely well done. Makes me wish Agents of Shield wasn't so closely tied to the movie series.

message 18: by Steven (new)

Steven Morton | 181 comments Watched the entire series a few weeks ago and just loved it! Can't wait for season two and AKA Jessica Jones has it work cut out after DD.

message 19: by Jim, The Ulti-Moderator (new)

I finally finished Season One this week! I really, really loved it. (Though, Stefani, I was also surprised and disappointed with what they did with Ben.)

I loved the theology that they peppered throughout the show - and with the struggle between light and dark that both protagonist and antagonist dealt with throughout the season. (Though at different levels and in different ways.)

message 20: by Phil (new)

Phil I loved the first season of Daredevil also. I felt like they did a fantastic job portraying the characters.

The second season was good, but didn't quite hit the level of season one for me. I want to go back and watch it, but I still have Flash, Agents of Shield, and a few others to catch up on. By then Luke Cage should be out!

message 21: by Stephen (last edited Jun 13, 2016 11:35PM) (new)

Stephen Brophy | 59 comments Phillip wrote: "I loved the first season of Daredevil also. I felt like they did a fantastic job portraying the characters.

The second season was good, but didn't quite hit the level of season one for me..."

I actually think the Punisher storyline in the first half of season two has been the highlight of the entire series (not counting that hallway fight in season one, which is still one of the greatest action sequences I've ever seen on TV), but season one was more focused, and all the Ninja business in the back half of season two started to feel more like Arrow than this gritty Daredevil show.

And I agree with everyone's sentiments regarding (view spoiler)