Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

American Pharaoh: Mayor Richard J. Daley - His Battle for Chicago and the Nation
This topic is about American Pharaoh
Questions > Elizabeth Taylor

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lily (last edited Apr 21, 2015 09:00PM) (new)

Lily (joy1) | 191 comments Rivka -- I don't know why you locked the thread on Elizabeth Taylor (Chicago Tribune Literary Editor, Pulitzer Fiction chair, and co-author of American Pharaoh) and considered it a feedback issue, rather than a librarian issue.

When she was first found by a librarian, she had a whole bunch of Knitting books associated with her. I believe that librarian, to her/his credit, straightened out that part of the record and now shows the American Pharaoh under her entry. However, tonight when I call up the book, as you can see above, Elizabeth Taylor's name does not appear as an author.

Isn't this a librarian issue? Similar issues in the past have been -- i.e., associating all authors with a book.

(When I call up the book now, Ms. Taylor's name does appear, but it did not when I made the drop down entry choice to create this post (maybe only one author ever shows then?). One of the idiosyncrasies I've seen before in other situations -- which may indeed NOT be a librarian issue. But, I couldn't find the right Elizabeth Taylor this afternoon by entering this book name -- at the time, her name did not appear at all, so some kind of fix appears to have happened.) As much as can be done appears as if it may have happened. Still, don't understand your stance, Rivka, and what you thought was being requested.

message 2: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments Some of the editions only had Adam Cohen's name, some had both. I'm adding Elizabeth Taylor's name to all editions.

message 3: by Lily (new)

Lily (joy1) | 191 comments Abcdarian wrote: "Some of the editions only had Adam Cohen's name, some had both. I'm adding Elizabeth Taylor's name to all editions."

Thx, Abc...