Gene Wolfe Fans discussion

Atrocious e-book, who do I complain to?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (new)

Robert Defrank | 82 comments So I bought Wolfe's On Blue's Waters, kindle version, finished and I'm thoroughly ticked off.

The e-book transition is a mess. Constant typos. Words randomly italicized, the needler weapons are called 'needier'. Krait is called 'Kraft.'

I've e-mailed Tor's webmaster asking who's the appropriate person to send a complaint to. No response.

Any idea who's the appropriate person to contact and otherwise pester about this?

message 3: by Robert (new)

Robert Defrank | 82 comments I tried their webmaster's e-mail about a week ago. Just looked again. They direct all questions about e-books to tor forge, so I'll see if I can get anywhere with them.

[redacted by S.H.I.E.L.D.] (noyoucant) | 3 comments You won't/ :( But good luck!

message 5: by Robert (new)

Robert Defrank | 82 comments Just got an e-mail back from Patrick Nielsen Hayden at Tor.

On Blue's Water's is going to be re-proofed and available in a corrected form in about a month.

Yay!

message 6: by Ben (new)

Ben Nash | 11 comments Good news! Now if they'd just get around to releasing Lake of the Long Sun. Not sure how they skipped a book in the middle of the series, but they told me two years ago that they'd notified the digitization team.

message 7: by Robert (new)

Robert Defrank | 82 comments Ben wrote: "Good news! Now if they'd just get around to releasing Lake of the Long Sun. Not sure how they skipped a book in the middle of the series, but they told me two years ago that they'd notified the dig..."

Keep hoping.

Me, I hope they pack two volumes in one like shadow and claw/sword and citadel.

message 8: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Singleton | 3 comments I have had many issues with Tor's ebooks as well. It seems the OCR scans are never double-checked, thus you get 'die' instead of 'the' and other typos. The fact Tor skipped an entire book in a series is inexcusable, though. If they didn't publish Wolfe and a few others I read, I would seriously consider boycotting them.