Sci-fi and Heroic Fantasy discussion

Just for Fun > New on Wired.com - bad ebook reviews

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Finally, someone whose Photoshop skillz rival my own. :)

I couldn't help wondering at what point it switched from a review to a bullying. I imagine the debate Jason Kehe had with his editors at Wired was whether this was just plain meanness. (If it was a prize fight, the referee would have stopped it in the second paragraph.)

If I were Lawrence Ambrose, I'd put "As Featured in Wired Magazine!" on the cover.

message 3: by Michele (last edited Apr 21, 2015 07:23PM) (new)

Michele | 274 comments Yes, I did feel a tiny bit bad for the author but...those quotes from the book - they're terrible! Anyone who publishes a book better be prepared for write-ups like this. Making it public makes it fair game.

message 4: by Bryn (new)

Bryn Hammond (brynhammond) Nah great for circulation.
Sent me to the hilarious Kindle Cover Disasters.

message 5: by Brendan (new)

Brendan (mistershine) | 743 comments Bryn wrote: "Nah great for circulation.
Sent me to the hilarious Kindle Cover Disasters."

Kindle Cover Disasters has occupied my evening. www.goodshowsir.co.uk is also great for awful classic sf/f covers.

message 6: by Bryn (new)

Bryn Hammond (brynhammond) @Brendan Thanks, can do with more humour. No end of it here.

message 7: by Rose (new)

Rose | 201 comments As much as I enjoyed looking at that cover, I think they missed the mark slightly. The same author has one much more....interesting
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 8: by Michele (new)

Michele | 274 comments Holy Crap! There's 6 of them in that series and they're all horrible!

I really wonder what people are thinking sometimes....