What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. new(ish) thriller? man has amnesia

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cari (new)

Cari | 4 comments A friend of mine read a book (she says she read it this last December, maybe)that she cannot remember the title of. She's pretty sure that it was a recent release - A man and his wife are in a car accident. The last thing the man remembers is seeing a truck (right after the accident). He wakes up in hospital with no memory. After a while they (the hospital workers?) tell him he has to stay with a woman who will help with his therapy. She ends up seducing him - she is physically cold (when he touches her she is cold). Also when he looks out the window of the house he is staying in, he sees people just standing outside, without coats on (I'm assuming it's winter), but when he goes outside, they're gone.
Later on he meets his wife and starts to remember his old life. When they try to leave the town that they're in, they can't.
She (my friend) can't remember any character names, or any other details.
Thanks in advance to anyone who might know what book this is!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34375 comments Mod
Clouded Rainbow by Jonathan Sturak? One GR reviewer says the husband and wife are sent to different hospitals.

Cari, are the husband and wife happily married?
Are they taken to the same hospital?
Do they have serious physical injuries?
Is this an ebook?

message 3: by Cari (new)

Cari | 4 comments Yes, the husband and wife were happily married, were taken to the same hospital and he was badly hurt. It is not an ebook (my friend picked up the book from our local library)

message 4: by Cari (new)

Cari | 4 comments Also, she said the book is definitely a thriller/mystery. Something was going on with the other people in the town - they were all cold (like they were dead) but she doesn't remember them being ghosts. And there's some sinister reason why they can't leave the town (they're kept there against their will).

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38153 comments Mod
So you've ruled out "Clouded Rainbow?"

message 6: by Cari (new)

Cari | 4 comments Sorry, yes "Clouded Rainbow" is not the correct book.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Cari, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Cari, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Clouded Rainbow (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jonathan Sturak (other topics)