2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

2015 Plans > Aline's Reading Plan (finished!)

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aline (last edited Dec 22, 2015 09:51AM) (new)

Aline (thousanduniverses) | 53 comments I've started the reading challenge in January but haven't shared my plan here yet. So here it is :) I'm reading out of order.
► = done
( )= month I read it

►1. a book with more than 500 pages - Insurgent (January)
►2. a romance - The Notebook (The Notebook #1) (June)
►3. a book that became a movie - Speak (February)
►4. a book published this year - P.S. I Still Love You (July)
►5. a book with a number in the title - One Day (April)
►6. a book written by someone under 30 - Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She's "Learned" (September)
►7. a book with nonhuman characters - The Hobbit (May)
►8. a funny book - Hyperbole and a Half (May)
►9. a book by a female author - The Gifts of Imperfection (January)
►10. a mystery or thriller - The Girl on the Train (May)
►11. a book with a one-word title - Allegaint (January)
► 12. a book of short stories - My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories (December)
►13. a book set in a different country - Since You've Been Gone (April)
►14. a nonfiction book - The Brain That Changes Itself (February)
►15. a author's first book - Serienunikat (February)
►16. a book from your favorite author that you haven't read yet - Infamous (Fame Game #3) (March)
►17. a book a friend recommended - Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist (May)
►18. a Pulitzer-prize winning book - To Kill a Mockingbird (March)
►19. a book based on a true story - Abela: The Girl Sho Saw Lions (June)
►20. a book at the bottom of your to read list - Wherever Nina Lies (April)
►21. a book your mom loves - P.S. I Love You (August)
►22. a book that scares you - Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children #1) (April)
►23. a book more than 100 years old - Dracula (July)
►24. a book based entirely on its cover - A Thousand Pieces of You (June)
►25. a book you were supposed to read in school but didn't (In Germany we don't get lists with books we should read, so I just read this) - The Great Gatsby (March)
►26. a memoir - Popular: Vintage Wisdom for a Modern Geek (January)
►27. a book you can finish in a day - The Shyness Guide (February)
►28. a book with antonyms in the title - Big Little Lies (December)
►29. a book set somewhere you've always wanted to visit - Anna and the French Kiss (April)
►30. a book that came out the year you were born - The Giver (August)
►31. a book with bad reviews - On the Road (March)
►32. a trilogy (the first) - Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) (April)
►33. a trilogy (the second) - Clockwork Prince (May)
►34. a trilogy (the third) - Clockwork Princess (May)
►35. a book from your childhood - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter #2)
►36. a book with a love triangle - To All the Boys I've Loved Before (February)
►37. a book set in the future - Mockingjay (January)
►38. a book set in high school - It's Kind Of A Funny Story (February)
►39. a book with a color in the title - Ruby Red (Precious Stone Trilogy, #1) (May)
►40. a book that made/makes you cry - Looking for Alaska (January)
►41. a book with magic - The Final Empire (Mistborn #1) (March)
►42. a graphic novel - Saga, Volume 1 (April)
►43. a book by an author you've never read before - The Only Alien on the Planet (February)
►44. a book you own but have never read - Shatter Me (August)
►45. a book that takes place in your hometown (country) - The Book Thief (August)
►46. a book that was originally written in another language - Law of Attraction: The Science of Attracting More of What You Want and Less of What You Don't (I've read it in German) (March)
►47. a book set during Christmas (or similar holiday) - Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter #1) (July)
►48. a book written by an author with your same initials - Atlantia (February)
►49. a play - Romeo and Juliet (January)
►50. a banned book - The Diary of a Young Girl (April)
►51. a book based on OR turned into a tv show - Case Closed, Vol. 1 (April)
►52. a book you started but never finished - Bestimmt (House of Night, #9) (July)

message 2: by Aline (new)

Aline (thousanduniverses) | 53 comments I updated my list, made great progress.
I can't believe that I have already read SO many books this year! I'm a passionate reader since I learned to read in elementary school, but I never once came near to read 50 books in one year, let alone 50 in half a year! And that is all thanks to this reading challenge and my joining on goodreads ^_^ This let me fall in love with reading and books in another way over again this year.

message 3: by Laura, Mod (new)

Laura | 599 comments Mod
That's some amazing progress! I feel exactly the same way about the challenge. I've always been a reader but it was more of a "before bed" activity and sometimes on the train or in my spare time. Now I definitely make more time for reading.

At first I got really excited when I saw P.S. I Still Love You on your list, thinking it was a sequel to the one that became a movie (with Hilary Swank). But looking at the description of the first book in that series, I may have to check it out! It definitely sounds interesting :)

message 4: by Aline (new)

Aline (thousanduniverses) | 53 comments Thank you! It's so cool to hear that other people feel the same way about the challenge :)

I would definitely recommend it if it sounds interesting to you. The book is amazing and so cute! It isn't just about the love letters which where send out, but also about family :)

message 5: by Aline (new)

Aline (thousanduniverses) | 53 comments I did some changes, I took the book Ghetto Kidz out. I have this on my bookshelf for years and years. I put this on week 44 in the first place, so I would finally read it, but I'm really not interested in it any more.

I completed week 2. At first I started Pride and Prejudice for that, but I paused this and read The Notebook instead.

So less weeks are left, I'll be able to easily complete this challenge :)

message 6: by Aline (last edited Jul 26, 2015 03:07AM) (new)

Aline (thousanduniverses) | 53 comments -Finished week 47 and 52
-added months in which I read the particular book

message 7: by Aline (last edited Aug 29, 2015 03:22AM) (new)

Aline (thousanduniverses) | 53 comments I've finished reading The Giver (week 30) and The Book Thief (week 45).
I've only 3 weeks left now from which I've already started reading Thinking Fast And Slow (weeks 28), but I don't have the motivation to continue reading that right now :/
As for week 12 (My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories) I plan to read it later this year, in November or December, when Christmas isn't so far away.

I'm pretty pleased with my progress :D

message 8: by Zaz, Mood Minion (new)

Zaz | 1387 comments Mod
Almost finished! Congrats :)

message 9: by Aline (new)

Aline (thousanduniverses) | 53 comments @Zaz Thank you! :)

message 10: by Aline (new)

Aline (thousanduniverses) | 53 comments I still have only two books left. I just can't bring myself to finish Thinking Fast and Slow, I'm halfway through. And My True Love Gave to Me I couldn't buy yet.

message 11: by Zaz, Mood Minion (new)

Zaz | 1387 comments Mod
Maybe you can change and read Big Little Lies for your antonyms, everybody liked it here and it's really a smooth read :)

message 12: by Aline (new)

Aline (thousanduniverses) | 53 comments Thanks for the suggestion, maybe I'll change it to that one :)

message 13: by Aline (last edited Dec 19, 2015 08:58AM) (new)

Aline (thousanduniverses) | 53 comments So, I finished my book with short stories (My True Love Gave to Me) and I switched week 28 to Big Little Lies as I really couldn't bring myself to read on Thinking Fast And Slow. I'm currently reading Big Little Lies and I'm enjoying it so far :) And since I finally have a 2 weeks break now I'll be able to finish it and as it is my last book for this challenge I'll finish the challenge in time as well :D

message 14: by Zaz, Mood Minion (new)

Zaz | 1387 comments Mod
Good idea to finish with Big Little, have fun :D

message 15: by Aline (last edited Dec 22, 2015 09:57AM) (new)

Aline (thousanduniverses) | 53 comments I finished my challenge! :D
Oh yes it was a good idea to finish with Big Little Lies! It was awesome, I didn't expected to like it that much.

My result of the 2015 Reading Challenge:
It got me more into reading as I already was before, I never read so many books in one year. I read some really good books which I would never have read if it wasn't for this challenge. It really expanded my reading horizon :D And I'm going to participate in the 2016 challenge as well, so I'm looking forward to discover even more awesome books.

message 16: by Zaz, Mood Minion (new)

Zaz | 1387 comments Mod
Congrats! :)
It's time to join the Wrap-up :D

message 17: by Ed (new)

Ed Lehman | 48 comments Congrats Aline!

message 18: by Aline (new)

Aline (thousanduniverses) | 53 comments Zaz wrote: "Congrats! :)
It's time to join the
Wrap-up
:D"

Ed wrote: "Congrats Aline!"

message 19: by Baheya (new)

Baheya Zeitoun (baheyazeitoun) | 29 comments Congratulations Aline!

message 20: by Aline (new)

Aline (thousanduniverses) | 53 comments Baheya wrote: "Congratulations Aline!"

Thank you :)