2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

Looking for Alaska
This topic is about Looking for Alaska
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2015 > Looking for Alaska by John Green

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ZaraS (last edited May 03, 2015 07:45AM) (new)

ZaraS  *book reviewer | 2365 comments This thread is to discuss John Green's book, Looking for Alaska.

***Please remember to mark spoilers.***

Participants:
Kat, Heidi, Charlotte, De Anna, Scott, Nurai, Allie, Meg

message 2: by ZaraS (new)

ZaraS  *book reviewer | 2365 comments Suggested break down of reading so that you can check in and let us know how you're going. The following breakdown is purely a suggestion and is therefore not set in stone.

Rather than putting dates for each section I've done it so that it takes into account that not everybody will necessarily have the book at the same time.

Week 1: 56 pages
Week 2: 56 pages
Week 3: 56 pages
Week 4: 53 pages

Nurai | 678 comments I completely forgot I was going to do this, and May came so fast I haven't bought the book yet.. I'll try to participate but I have my final exams this month so I will have to spend a lot of time studying.. But I'm going to try because I would really like to read it :)

Mars (scxrletmars) | 67 comments Im definatley going to try to do this one! Looking for Alaska is on my May TBR so no matter what it will get read!

message 5: by Meg (new) - rated it 3 stars

Meg (megscl) | 273 comments I might join in too. My book club just chose this as our next book.

message 6: by Julie (new) - added it

Julie M Maioriello (jewelsmm) Hi...this is my first time joining one of the "buddy groups." Zara, your suggestion for what to read each week, is that for May?

message 7: by ZaraS (new)

ZaraS  *book reviewer | 2365 comments Julie wrote: "Hi...this is my first time joining one of the "buddy groups." Zara, your suggestion for what to read each week, is that for May?"

Hi Julie,

The suggested read for each week is for May but can also be used for months other than May if you can't get to the book in May

message 8: by Julie (new) - added it

Julie M Maioriello (jewelsmm) Zara wrote: "Julie wrote: "Hi...this is my first time joining one of the "buddy groups." Zara, your suggestion for what to read each week, is that for May?"

Hi Julie,

The suggested read for each week is for ..."

Thanks! I've got the book and I'll be able to start reading this week!

message 9: by Charlotte (new) - added it

Charlotte Hi everyone!
Completely forgot to get the book in time..
But I will try to get it this week, so I'll also be able to start reading soon!
Looking forward to read what you all think of this book :)

De Anna (deannazperry) | 21 comments Such a fantastic read. Finished it yesterday and I've not stopped thinking about it sense. Love John Green.

Scott Flicker | 1191 comments I read the first chapter yesterday and plan on reading the rest this weekend

Nurai | 678 comments My exams ended this week so I had lots of time to read, and I read Looking for Alaska. I liked it a lot more than I thought. Curious to hear what you think!

Scott Flicker | 1191 comments Just finished it.

(view spoiler)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.