2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2015 > The Buried Giant by Kazuo Ishiguro

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ZaraS (new)

ZaraS  *book reviewer | 2365 comments This thread is to discuss Kazuo Ishiguro's book, The Buried Giant.

***Please remember to mark spoilers.***

Participants:
Caro, Berit, Karina, Cristal, Kara

message 2: by ZaraS (new)

ZaraS  *book reviewer | 2365 comments Suggested break down of reading so that you can check in and let us know how you're going. The following breakdown is purely a suggestion and is therefore not set in stone.

Rather than putting dates for each section I've done it so that it takes into account that not everybody will necessarily have the book at the same time.

Week 1: 80 pages
Week 2: 80 pages
Week 3: 80 pages
Week 4: 77 pages

message 3: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3964 comments So excited about this one!

message 4: by ZaraS (new)

ZaraS  *book reviewer | 2365 comments Kara wrote: "So excited about this one!"

I thought you might Kara. I know how much you enjoy this author's writing.

message 5: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3964 comments He's one of my favorites. :)

message 6: by Karina (new)

Karina (karinargh) | 805 comments I'm excited for this one, too!

message 7: by Diana (new)

Diana Hyatt | 1 comments This is my first time joining a discussion on this group. Just checked out The Buried Giant today from the library and looking forward to the discussion.

message 8: by Karina (new)

Karina (karinargh) | 805 comments I've run a little late this month with my buddy reads, but I started this one today. It has a lovely audio recording, which is a bonus!

message 9: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3964 comments I'm running even later than you are, Karina! I just started last night. I'm in the second chapter and enjoying it so far.

message 10: by Karina (new)

Karina (karinargh) | 805 comments Great, Kara! It isn't a very big book anyway.

I'm about halfway - (view spoiler)

message 11: by Caro (new)

Caro (karopi) | 968 comments I have being stuck in way too many things in the last couple of weeks and just started today... Hopefully I will finish before the 1st of June...

message 12: by Karina (new)

Karina (karinargh) | 805 comments Finished this today. Again, lovely audio narration, I think it had a positive effect on my experience of the book.

(view spoiler)

message 13: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3964 comments I'm about halfway through now, and I'm really loving it. I was struck by how different it feels than Never Let Me Go and The Remains of the Day (which are also really different from each other).

message 14: by Caro (new)

Caro (karopi) | 968 comments Just in the 30%I read last year Never Let Me Go and I did not like it that much the story intrigues me and I want to know more about the mist.... I want to know more of what is coming, For some reason is more interesting for me....

message 15: by Caro (new)

Caro (karopi) | 968 comments It took me longer than expected but I finally finish the book and I just loved. Is my first book with 5 stars this year and i do not give this easily... I love the story the nostalgia the use of the old mythology the quest, the encounters.... It left me with such a nice nostalgic feeling.... I just do not understand why people don't like such a beautiful story....

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.