Mortal Instruments & Infernal Devices Lovers! discussion

The Mortal Instruments > Dominic Sherwood as Jace

Comments Showing 1-50 of 74 (74 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Melodi (new)

Melodi Goldraven (goldraven) | 14 comments What are you guys thinking that Dominic Sherwood is officaly choosen for Jace? Do you lke it or do you want someone else?

message 2: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Princessa (thedarklingsdarling) | 11 comments Melodi wrote: "What are you guys thinking that Dominic Sherwood is officaly choosen for Jace? Do you lke it or do you want someone else?"

I love Dominic Sherwood as an actor and I think he`s soooo very handsome! <3 But he`s my Christian Ozera and now...Jace? I can`t imagine him as both. I have to see the show when it comes out and then I`ll see how he portarys Jace. Also, he has black hair. Is he going to wear a wig now??

message 3: by Mirou (new)

Mirou | 22 comments It doesn't bother me but Jamie campbell bower would have been maybe a better choise ? And honestly, for me, there isn't any actor who can really represent Jace. He is to perfect to be real haha

message 4: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Princessa (thedarklingsdarling) | 11 comments Mirou wrote: "It doesn't bother me but Jamie campbell bower would have been maybe a better choise ? And honestly, for me, there isn't any actor who can really represent Jace. He is to perfect to be real haha"

I also like Jamie Campbel Bower. He was quite sassy. Book boys are always to perfect to be real... <3

message 5: by Emilia (new)

Emilia (doctorherondale) | 75 comments I'm so excited to see how he does. I think he looks the part. I just hope he can bring Jace to life. He has big shoes to fill coz I thought Jamie did a great job in the movie. His part in the Vampire Academy didn't really allow much acting to be done. It wasn't big enough. Plus, no offense but the movie kind of sucked. No where near as good as the book. So excited for next year!!! 2016 can't come soon enough.

message 6: by em ♥ (new)

em ♥ (bbtheque) Dominic would be a great Sebastian! But Jace? Not a good enough Jace for me.

message 7: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Princessa (thedarklingsdarling) | 11 comments Regina wrote: "Dominic would be a great Sebastian! But Jace? Not a good enough Jace for me."

Nah. Conor Mclain is Sebastian for me.

message 8: by eman! (new)

eman! (emanisfunky) | 34 comments Tbh (no hate please) I loved the cast in the movie. If it were up to me nothing would change. Im crying inside.

message 9: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Princessa (thedarklingsdarling) | 11 comments ❁ ✌ Eman ✌ ❁ wrote: "Tbh (no hate please) I loved the cast in the movie. If it were up to me nothing would change. Im crying inside."

I liked the cast too. I DON`T WANT ANOTHER CLARY AND SIMON! I WANT LILLY COLLINS AND ROBERT SHEHAN! <3 <3

message 10: by Emilie (new)

Emilie (readingreadingandreading) I know me too!

message 11: by Emilia (new)

Emilia (doctorherondale) | 75 comments I agree they were amazing. Robert Shehan was like the perfect Simon!!!!

message 12: by Aj (new)

Aj | 10 comments Nessy wrote: "Regina wrote: "Dominic would be a great Sebastian! But Jace? Not a good enough Jace for me."

Nah. Conor Mclain is Sebastian for me."

YES Conor Mclain is sebastian.
I think Dom will be a lovely Jace! Im really nervous for Alec and Simon casting though...

message 13: by em ♥ (new)

em ♥ (bbtheque) Oh my... I guess I'll have to wait until I see him on character and then decide whether he's my Jace or not.

For now, he's definitely not.

message 14: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 11 comments Not how i pictured Jace at all better than from Jamie as. jace.

I need to see him as the role

message 15: by Renee (new)

Renee same all I can see is Jamie as Jace, and Dom is our Christian Ozera!!!!
Although I suppose if they make him dye and grow his hair and the give him contacts (which he's used to anyway) it could work....?

But Jamie was so sassy and just WAS Jace you get me?

message 16: by Brandie (new)

Brandie (tsunderondale) So I must be the only one here that hasn't seen the VA movie.... lol after seeing the TMI movie I was scared that they would butcher VA, too haha. But I'll give it a try.

I think Dom is cute. Just as long as they make his hair blond and his eyes gold I will be happy. And of course he has to be a fantastic actor because I will probably die if not. lol

message 17: by Itxamara (new)

Itxamara | 779 comments I haven't seen the VA movie either lol :| I didn't even know who Dominic Sherwood was until he was announced to be the one playing Jace >.>

message 18: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 11 comments Itxamara wrote: "I haven't seen the VA movie either lol :| I didn't even know who Dominic Sherwood was until he was announced to be the one playing Jace >.>"

I didn't even know who he was either.
I haven't seen or read Vampire Academy

message 19: by Maria (new)

Maria (mkayeoo) | 55 comments Not sure yet, can't really judge him until I see him play the character!

message 20: by Itxamara (new)

Itxamara | 779 comments Yeah same, but I'm excited that he is the one playing Jace he's sort of what I pictured, and he seems better than Jamie so I'm happy about that.

message 21: by eman! (new)

eman! (emanisfunky) | 34 comments I really feel like im the only one who doesnt want him as jace

message 22: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannahsmanyhobbies) I can't afford to be picky, but I loved him in vampire academy. And he is not, Jace has to be hot.

message 23: by Jehan (new)

Jehan | 33 comments I really like him he's very handsome but I already picture him as Christian ozera and he's not what jace looks like to me

message 24: by Jehan (new)

Jehan | 33 comments I really like him he's very handsome but I already picture him as Christian ozera and he's not what jace looks like to me

message 25: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (Herondalle) | 69 comments from the picture that everyone was using I didn't like him at first glance but after googling him and finding out he was British I slowly but surely become satisfied.

message 26: by Savy (new)

Savy Amber | 70 comments ❁ ✌ Eman ✌ ❁ wrote: "I really feel like im the only one who doesnt want him as jace "

I didn't at first either (even tho I really like him) but it's not going to be changed, and he is pretty good for the part, so I'm happy :) sorry it didn't work out with your mental image... my mental image of Jace is quite fetching

message 27: by Ash (new)

Ash (evermorefan) Itxamara wrote: "I haven't seen the VA movie either lol :| I didn't even know who Dominic Sherwood was until he was announced to be the one playing Jace >.>"

Lol same

message 28: by Laura (new)

Laura | 70 comments I think he'd be able to play the part well based on what I've seen him in and also I think they'll probably change his look to make him suit the part of Jace better. So I personally am happy with the casting :)

message 29: by Pam (new)

Pam Eller (beautifulwickedness) Here is is blond https://www.pinterest.com/pin/4670374...

I don't think he is Jace, personally. I didn't think Jamie looked the Jace part really but his personalty is DEFINITELY very Jace-like which added to the appeal for me. I guess I have to see Dominic in character, but seeing him just as him.. well, I don't like it. Maybe my mind will change later.

Julia Griffis - The Romance Bibliophile (theromancebibliophile) I think Dominic Sherwood will make a perfect Jace. I just watched him in "Vampire Academy," and I think he will really pull off Jace's character well on screen. At least I hope so. I'm definitely all for Dominic playing Jace. There's just something alluring about a British accent. ;) Now if only they can get perfect actors to play the other characters, we'll be all set!

message 31: by Itxamara (new)

Itxamara | 779 comments I'm all for the show to be on TV lol I just want to see the books come to life no matter how the characters look >.> I just want the story to be accurate :| but yes! I do like Dom as Jace :)

message 32: by em ♥ (new)

em ♥ (bbtheque) Guys, I read somewhere that the TV show is not going to keep the Brit accent ... Just saying.

message 33: by Emilia (new)

Emilia (doctorherondale) | 75 comments Wait what?!? Why wouldn't they keep it?

message 34: by Inda (new)

Inda (indaherwood) | 129 comments I think they'll keep the accents. They did in the movie, why wouldn't they in the show?

Julia Griffis - The Romance Bibliophile (theromancebibliophile) I really hope they do keep the accents because I think it would add more authenticity to certain characters. Just saying.

message 36: by Emilia (new)

Emilia (doctorherondale) | 75 comments Agreed. The accents add to the illusion. Plus, it's not that hard to find British actors or have other actors put on a British accent. It's a very manageable detail

message 37: by em ♥ (new)

em ♥ (bbtheque) I agree 100% ! The brit accent is part of the characters... I hope they keep that but I have read it is not decided yet. They might just put on an american one :/ We'll see

message 38: by Itxamara (new)

Itxamara | 779 comments They said in the show that they won't keep the accent or that they might not because Dom did his casting with an American accent

message 39: by Savy (new)

Savy Amber | 70 comments Itxamara wrote: "They said in the show that they won't keep the accent or that they might not because Dom did his casting with an American accent"

Is there a place we can see this casting?

message 40: by Itxamara (new)

Itxamara | 779 comments I don't think so, I've been gathering this info from Twitter and articles online :3

message 41: by Savy (new)

Savy Amber | 70 comments Ok. Well keep me posted!! :)

message 42: by Itxamara (new)

Itxamara | 779 comments I will! >.> I'm sooo excited

message 43: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 281 comments I never even heard of him, so that means that I don't know what to expect.

message 44: by Itxamara (new)

Itxamara | 779 comments Same but he looks good enough

message 45: by Itxamara (new)

Itxamara | 779 comments right now they are doing casting sessions !

message 46: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 281 comments So, I watched Vampire Academy over the weekend and he was good in it.

message 47: by Melisa (new)

Melisa (herondalehavilliard) I adore Dominic since VA.I can`t wait to see him as Jace.

message 48: by Bea (new)

Bea (unkoolx) | 7 comments I like him so much! I hope he'll do the character well.

message 49: by Sasha (new)

Sasha | 175 comments I loved the cast for the movie I wouldn't change anything about it except the fact that valentine was almost the same age as jace but besides that everyone was perfect the only downside is that the original cast is in their late 20's to mid 30's I love Dom and emuraurde and Alec their perfect oh and Kat love them

message 50: by Lainie (new)

Lainie (thereversecowgirl) ❁ ✌ Eman ✌ ❁ wrote: "Tbh (no hate please) I loved the cast in the movie. If it were up to me nothing would change. Im crying inside."
... i know the feeling. i actually cried, and nostalgic rewatches of that movie are definitely in my future.

« previous 1