Fringe Fiction discussion

Fringe Authors General Chat > Library Promotion

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jason (new)

Jason Crawford (jasonpatrickcrawford) | 591 comments This is jumping off the springboard that is the "what is your favorite promotion" thread in Group Questions.

As promotion goes, I just found where my local public library allows one to recommend digital titles for their purchase. One needs a library card number to do so...but has anyone else had any success in getting their books to the library? In digital or physical form? And, if so, has that translated to real-life sales outside of the library?

message 2: by Mike (new)

Mike Robbins (mikerobbins) | 46 comments A friend recently ordered one of my books (in paperback) from the public library in my home town in England - they charged her 60 pence (about a dollar). I think you can do that in any public library there; not sure about here in the US.

I don't know where librarians select their books from; I suspect it's from publications like Publisher's Weekly and the Bookseller. But I notice quite a lot use NetGalley. I've had several review-copy requests from them through it.