SFF Readalongs led by Kitty G discussion

Midnight Tides (Malazan Book of the Fallen, #5)
This topic is about Midnight Tides
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Midnight Tides Discussion > Epilogue & Final Thoughts After Reading...

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kaitlin (kool_kat_kitty) | 671 comments Mod
This is the discussion ALL of Midnight Tides, congratulations on reaching the end of book 5!!!

How did you like this one?
What was the highlight?
What didn't you like?
How does this one compare to the others?
Which characters were best?
Will you continue?
What will you rate it?

Feel free to post your reviews (video/written) as links in this thread :)

message 2: by TS (last edited May 17, 2015 07:46PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

TS Chan (tschan) | 159 comments I've finally posted my review. I had to sleep on it to gather my thoughts on this one.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

I gave it 4-stars mainly because of the first half was a bit of a struggle for me and I suspect that the stress at work didn't help. But as usual Erikson always delivers at the end.

I really do not like the Tiste Edur and that they believed the Andii betrayed them instead of the other way around didn't help their cause with mine. The story of the Sengar brothers at the end, however, was really tragic. While we clearly saw the reason why Trull was cast out, the event which precipitated that has yet to occur. And why does it had to be Trull to cast the spear at the Ceda??

Between the 2 storylines of 3 brothers, I am definitely more partial to the Beddict brothers. Tehol alone would have been enough but Brys really grew on me. How he incapacitated Rhulad was freakishly, scarily, disturbingly magnificent! Really apt that the Guardian came for him.

OMG, Bugg - what a reveal!!! I suspected that he is way more than he seems but ... MAEL??!! That was mind-blowing! And now we know that the Tiste Edur found by Ganoes Paran, Quick Ben and the Moranth captain was Theradas Buhn. Erikson, please take a bow!

Even though, we only see them about two-thirds into the book, how awesome are the Crimson Guards? Iron Bars is already one of my favourite BAMFs in the Malazan series. Almost made me want to read The Return of the Crimson Guards immediately!

Kaitlin (kool_kat_kitty) | 671 comments Mod
TS wrote: "I've finally posted my review. I had to sleep on it to gather my thoughts on this one.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

I gave it 4-stars mainly because of..."

I totally agree with everything you said TS :D Haven't had a chance to sort of get to that, but I liked this one most so far and gave it 5*s :D
Looking forward to the Crimson Guard too :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.