SFF Readalongs led by Kitty G discussion

The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)
This topic is about The Lies of Locke Lamora
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Lies of Locke Lamora Dicussion > Epilogue & Final Thoughts After Reading...

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaitlin (last edited Apr 21, 2015 08:19AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kaitlin (kool_kat_kitty) | 671 comments Mod
This is the discussion for ALL of The Lies of Locke Lamora!! Congratulations on reaching the end and I hope you guys loved it!!

What was your favourite part?
Did anything surprise you?
Who's the best character?
What did you rate it?
Will you continue with the story?

Feel free to post a link to your written/video reviews here :)

message 2: by TS (last edited May 03, 2015 12:18AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

TS Chan (tschan) | 159 comments Finished and promptly added to my favourites shelf!

My review here:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

And I'm definitely continuing with the series.

Ungar5 | 25 comments what an amazing book!! i even like it more on my second go. i dont think i ever read so much in so little a time... i just couldnt stop.

my favourite part was the payback locke and jean served to the falconer. i said that i really wanted them to hurt Bug's killer more than they did, but with the Falconer i got every thing i wanted. it was so great to see him in the cart so helpless!!

other than Locke and Jean, my favourite character was Chains. i really want to read more about him.

amazing book. huge 5 stars and a permanent place in my favourite shelf.

Ungar5 wrote: "what an amazing book!! i even like it more on my second go. i dont think i ever read so much in so little a time... i just couldnt stop.

my favourite part was the payback locke and jean served to ..."

So happy you loved it a second time around Ungar (if I'd had time I would have loved to reread this but May is busy for me so I'm reliving it through your comments!)

TS wrote: "Finished and promptly added to my favourites shelf!

My review here:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

And I'm definitely continuing with the series."

Awesome TS!! So happy you enjoyed it :D And yeah, the series is a fab one!

RachelvlehcaR (charminggirl) I love tho book. I read it last year. It was one of my favorites for the year. Then I went on to book two. Different style but still wonder. I love the humor of the books. I am currently on book three.

message 7: by TS (new) - rated it 5 stars

TS Chan (tschan) | 159 comments Speaking of Chains, that epilogue was hilarious!!

I can't name a favourite scene yet, I love all of these:

- Locke and Jean coming down the Vine Highway
- Locke and Jean giving what the Falconer deserves
- Locke and The Gray King's final confrontation
- Almost any scene with Father Chains and Locke

Alreem | 1 comments This book was not what I excpected but I really loved it, i loved the twin so much thought I'm sad I won't get to read about them anymore.

I loved the world in this book and can't wait to see what Locke and Jean will do in the next book. I'm happy I get to read this book.

:) I rate it 4 stars

Alreem wrote: "This book was not what I excpected but I really loved it, i loved the twin so much thought I'm sad I won't get to read about them anymore.

I loved the world in this book and can't wait to see what..."

So glad that you enjoyed it :D And I hope you like the next book too whenever you get to it (the second is my favourite)

peggylovesbooks | 36 comments I totally loved this book! Why did I wait so long to read this book. Locke is a thief who has good qualities that make him an honorable man.

He fools everyone till they figure it out at the last minute. Especially making the spider dig though crap to find the gold when they blew it up, that was my favorite part.

With killing the Gray King I was like YES that bastard is dead (sorry for the language. It did suck that he had to get almost beaten to death to get his revenge.

I am patiently waiting for the second book to come in so I can find out what Locke's name is.

Peggy wrote: "I totally loved this book! Why did I wait so long to read this book. Locke is a thief who has good qualities that make him an honorable man.

He fools everyone till they figure it out at the last ..."

:) This story is so good - although I am pretty sure (after having read all the 3 currently out) that we still don't know his true name, but my goodness the story is fab of the second! :D Enjoy!!

Michael (michaeldixon) | 60 comments TS wrote: "Speaking of Chains, that epilogue was hilarious!!

I can't name a favourite scene yet, I love all of these:

- Locke and Jean coming down the Vine Highway
- Locke and Jean giving what the Falconer..."

So many good scenes, it is hard to make a list, but I completely agree with TS. At the risk of making the list too long though, I would add:
- Jean facing the "wicked" sisters with the "wicked sisters"
- Any banter among Chain's then Locke's band

Also, I'm interested in what happened/is happening with Sabetha. I'm sure we will see her soon.

James Chatham (jameschatham) | 35 comments Wow! This book was just so fucking FUN!! I don't know why I waited so long to pick it up, but now I can't wait to continue on!

James wrote: "Wow! This book was just so fucking FUN!! I don't know why I waited so long to pick it up, but now I can't wait to continue on!"

:)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.