SFF Readalongs led by Kitty G discussion

The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)
This topic is about The Lies of Locke Lamora
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Lies of Locke Lamora Dicussion > Chapters & Interludes 13 - 16 (inclusive)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kaitlin (kool_kat_kitty) | 671 comments Mod
This is the discussion for the chapters and interludes 13 - 16 ONLY please! No spoilers for any other part of the book please :D

We're almost there!!
How are you liking it now?
Are you hooked and gripped?
How will it end?
What's the nest bit so far?

message 2: by TS (new) - rated it 5 stars

TS Chan (tschan) | 159 comments That final confrontation between Locke and the Gray King was simply breathtaking! I love how it's just between the 2 of them and we know Locke is nowhere as good a swordsman. Him using the same ploy that he did to win the Half Crown War except Jean was nowhere close to arriving, and then delivering the killing blows was just... I have no words! Brutal but so satisfying!

Ungar5 | 25 comments TS wrote: "That final confrontation between Locke and the Gray King was simply breathtaking! I love how it's just between the 2 of them and we know Locke is nowhere as good a swordsman. Him using the same p..."
couldnt agree more. loved this scene and the callback to the half crowns.
i also really liked the last interlude:
Chains: "someday you’re going to f@#k up so magnificently, so ambitiously, so overwhelmingly that the sky will light up and the moons will spin and the gods themselves will shit comets with glee. And I just hope I’m still around to see it".
Locke:"oh please, that will never happen"
EPIC!!

Kaitlin (kool_kat_kitty) | 671 comments Mod
Ungar5 wrote: "TS wrote: "That final confrontation between Locke and the Gray King was simply breathtaking! I love how it's just between the 2 of them and we know Locke is nowhere as good a swordsman. Him using..."

100% agree with you both on that, this final scene is breathtaking and fabulous all at once, and the series only gets better and better :) (the second book I think is my favourite)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.