SFF Readalongs led by Kitty G discussion

The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)
This topic is about The Lies of Locke Lamora
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Lies of Locke Lamora Dicussion > Chapters & Interludes 5 - 8 (inclusive)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kitty G Books (kool_kat_kitty) | 671 comments Mod
This is the discussion for the chapters and interludes 5 - 8 ONLY please! No spoilers for any other part of the book please :D

How's the story so far?
Which character is the best one now?
Are you suspicious of anyone?
Are you enjoying it?

message 2: by TS (last edited May 03, 2015 12:09AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

TS Chan (tschan) | 159 comments I cannot imagine how anyone not picking Locke as one of their favourite characters. In fact I love the entire family of the Gentlemen Bastards. The introduction of Jean Tannen is one of my favourite Interludes.

This plot twist I can smell a mile away, i.e. Chapter 8! I just knew there's something fishy going on.

One of the funniest scenes in this section is the part where Locke and Jean were climbing down the Vine Highway.

THIS--> Just when the trellis started to give way "Then there was a torrent of polysyllabic blasphemy from four mouths; exactly who said what would never be really recalled.". I think I nearly fell of my chair laughing as I have the perfect image of this scene in my head then.

Michael (michaeldixon) | 60 comments Favorite quote so far - although there are many, many to choose from.

"'Now' said the Gray King, 'are we not all grown men and birds here?'"

Cracks me up

Kitty G Books (kool_kat_kitty) | 671 comments Mod
Michael wrote: "Favorite quote so far - although there are many, many to choose from.

"'Now' said the Gray King, 'are we not all grown men and birds here?'"

Cracks me up"

Definitely A LOT of good quotes in these books :D

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.