Taming Amazon discussion

The Calling (Mae Martin Mysteries #1)
This topic is about The Calling
urgent help needed

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (new) - added it

Amber Foxx (amberfoxx) | 44 comments HELP! I need my UK price lowered to match my US price during a promotion. A complaint from someone else may work better than a request from me. They were slow and came across as intentionally uncooperative about dropping a sale price to $1.99 U.S. They took forty eight hours to do it and even longer to acknowledge they'd done it and kept saying "we retain discretion over our pricing." The sale started today, runs through the 30th. I thought international prices were adjusted automatically.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IA8TB3G

message 2: by Amber (new) - added it

Amber Foxx (amberfoxx) | 44 comments A British friend tells me that Amazon UK has updated and corrected my price.

message 3: by Paul (new)

Paul Holl | 3 comments Living Will (Will to Live Thrillers #1).

PAGE COUNT QUANDRY. My novel above is 236 pages in PB but Amazon has listed my eBoook as having 139 pages - almost a 100 page difference! This page count is preventing me from advertising on many sites because they say that it is not a "full length" book. How do I get Amazon to correct this? Thanks, Paul.

message 4: by Jim, JimsGotWeb.com (new)

Jim Liston (jimsgotweb) | 235 comments Mod
Have you looked at the eBook version to verify that it's all there?

message 5: by Paul (new)

Paul Holl | 3 comments Thankyou for your swift response. No, but readers I have spoken to have not mentioned any "disconnect" or gaps. The distribution company suggests that it is due to formatting and/or font changes. Could these things possibly accound for a 100 page reduction?

message 6: by Amber (last edited Sep 19, 2015 03:56PM) (new) - added it

Amber Foxx (amberfoxx) | 44 comments Did your spacing come through in your formatting? I've found that if you make the white space between scenes too small it vanishes in e-pub but not the PDF file I use for paperbacks. I don't know if that could cut your pages down that much, though.

message 7: by Paul (new)

Paul Holl | 3 comments Thanks Amber. Yes, 100 pages is a significant number. I haven't really considered the white space...good point.