Young Adult Fiction! discussion

what's your YA guilty pleasure?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Autumn Skye (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:54AM) (new)

Autumn Skye (cuddlebot) | 17 comments Mod
i'll tell you mine first.
its...
the princess diaries...

i know...

i really liked the movie too! which makes me feel even worse.

i feel a little better putting that out there.

message 2: by Lara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:57AM) (new)

Lara | 6 comments

I would have to say that Harry Potter books are my guilty pleasures. I also like the Narnia series as well as Firebrand, by Marion Zimmer Bradley. No matter what other books I include, I have to say that HP takes the cake for me. :)

message 3: by Lara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:57AM) (new)

Lara | 6 comments OMG! Harry Potter and a book called The Dark Horse, by Jean Slaughter Doty. I got this book in 6th grade and I still read it!!!

message 4: by Cassie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:57AM) (new)

Cassie | 2 comments Hi, I'm Cassie, I'm new and just trying to make some friends. I liked the Harry Potters and the Princess Diaries, too... but my most favorite would have to be the Twilight Series. Has anyone read those?

message 5: by Diane (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:02PM) (new)

Diane (dianes) I would have to say that my YA guilty pleasure are the ya vampire series I enjoy so much:
Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
The Morganville Vampires series by Rachel Caine
Vampire Kisses series by Ellen Schreiber
Bloodline series by Kate Cary

message 6: by Malia (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:03PM) (new)

Malia | 3 comments My YA guilty pleasures are the Chick-Lits like the Melody Mayer Nannies novels and the Non-Blonde Cheerleader books by Kieran Scott.

message 7: by Angelina (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:03PM) (new)

Angelina | 1 comments Definitely the Harry Potter series!!!
And I don't even feel guilty...

message 8: by Heidi (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:04PM) (new)

Heidi | 2 comments I feel the same way about the Princess Diaries. I feel guilty for reading them, but not enough to stop. The Twilight series is definitely my fave. I always think its so dumb when girls have crushes on celebs, but I'm totally in love with Edward and he's not even a real person!

message 9: by Rileyann (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:05PM) (new)

Rileyann Maloney | 3 comments I loved the twilight book they were just amazing

message 10: by Rileyann (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:05PM) (new)

Rileyann Maloney | 3 comments I know how you feel I am in love with him and my friends who are anti- readers are getting annoyed with me

message 11: by jacky (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:17PM) (new)

jacky After reading all of this, I had to add Twilight to my to-read list. Then, on the second day of school, a student asked me if she could read the second book in the series for her free choice book. I was like, great, now I have to try to scramble to read them before she turns in her project and ruins them for me. I check out Twilight from my school library less than three days ago and I am on page 312 already.

message 12: by Sarah A. (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:17PM) (new)

Sarah A. | 1 comments Couldn't agree more about the Twilight series...just re-read both Twilight and New Moon in preparation for Eclipse...which I finished at an ungodly hour last night. So sad to put it down...Meyer's characters are so real I feel like I have just said good-bye to my friends...

What a marvelous escape...and I hate vampire books...

message 13: by Nephyr (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:18PM) (new)

Nephyr (friendlytoanimals) | 6 comments ah, loving the Twilight series. Afraid to read the newest one though, so worried that it will suck.

message 14: by Nephyr (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:18PM) (new)

Nephyr (friendlytoanimals) | 6 comments okay, have to post more here. Once Upon a Marigold - so much fun, like The Princeess Bride. Of course, Narnia, The Book of Three books, all those childhood wonderfuls. Recently, The Goose Girl and Enna Burning. And of course, all the Harry Potter books.