HAPPILY EVER AFTER discussion

ROMANTIC COMEDY AND CHICK-LIT > What romantic comedy/chick-lit book did you just finish reading?

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Ramla Zareen Ahmad | 964 comments Mod
Hello everyone, please tell about the romantic comedy/chick-lit book that you just finished reading ...and mention how you found it. Thanks...! 

message 2: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Just finished Shopaholic to the Stars Shopaholic to the Stars (Shopaholic, #7) by Sophie Kinsella by Sophie Kinsella

...and while there were some good moments, here and there, that contributed in making my overall reading experience reasonably enjoyable ...but I have to admit, that I didn't find this one as appealing as the previous books in the Shopaholic series.

message 3: by Gayla (new)

Gayla Glass (gaylahambyglass) | 9 comments I just finished (last week) Place your Betts by Katie Graykowski, followed by the second in the series, Getting Lucky. I picked these up after reading the first in her new mystery series Rest in Pieces. I thoroughly enjoyed them.

message 4: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Just finished What A Girl Wants What A Girl Wants (A Girl, #2) by Lindsey Kelk by Lindsey Kelk. Usually I do a detailed research before reading a book by a 'new-to-me' author but I came across this one while browsing around in the limited English section in a book store in Frankfurt am Main, where I live, and recognizing the name of the author as being highly recommended in the various Goodreads discussions, I decided to take a chance on it to pass the time till the books that I had ordered from www.amazon.de arrived. Of course, I did take the precaution of reading the blurb and the first few pages before buying it but well, though it was an ok read but it wasn't as enjoyable as I expected it would be from the way it began. 

My rating: 2 STARS= Average= Readable= I found it just ok.

message 5: by Mara (new)

Mara Pemberton (marapem) | 18 comments I just finished the CYNSTER Sister trilogy by Stephanie Laurens. I enjoyed the books, but wished it had a better narrator than the one that was picked.

Whoever, chose Matthew Brenher, should be shot. He did okay on the male voices, but female voices were terrible.

message 6: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Just finished reading Me and Mr. Darcy Me and Mr. Darcy by Alexandra Potter by Alexandra Potter.

My Rating:
4 STARS= Very Good= Enjoyable= I liked it very much...!

message 7: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Finished reading I heart London I Heart London (I Heart, #5) by Lindsey Kelk by Lindsey Kelk. 

My Rating: 3 STARS= Good= Quite Enjoyable= I liked it...!

message 8: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Finished reading Getting Rid of Bradley Getting Rid of Bradley by Jennifer Crusie by Jennifer Crusie.

My Rating: 3 STARS= Good= Quite Enjoyable= I liked it...!

message 9: by Carmen (new)

Carmen | 21 comments I've just finished Twenty Something. Here is the review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 10: by Mona (new)

Mona  (k1721m) | 4 comments I recently finished Ally Hughes Has Sex Sometimes A Novel by Jules Moulin which I received from FirsttoRead.

message 11: by Carla (new)

Carla Johnson-Hicks (carla1957) I just read I Wish for You by Camilla Isley , a first book by Camilla Isley. It is a romantic comedy and I did enjoy it. There is also magic involved which made it fun.

message 12: by Carla (new)

Carla Johnson-Hicks (carla1957) Ramla Zareen wrote: "Just finished Shopaholic to the Stars Shopaholic to the Stars (Shopaholic, #7) by Sophie Kinsella by Sophie Kinsella

...and while there were some good moments, here and there, that contributed in making my overa..."

I agree Ramla, I was disappointed with this one as well.

message 13: by Carmen (new)

Carmen | 21 comments I just finished reading Up To I Do by Samantha March, and really enjoyed it. Here's the review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 14: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Finished reading A Vintage Wedding A Vintage Wedding by Katie Fforde by Katie Fforde.

message 15: by Meshal Raza (new)

Meshal Raza | 4 comments I need to read some romance/chick lit but I am picky. I love contemporary... please suggest and send me something on demesne@gmail.com?

message 16: by Meshal Raza (new)

Meshal Raza | 4 comments Ramla Zareen wrote: "Just finished reading Me and Mr. Darcy Me and Mr. Darcy by Alexandra Potter by Alexandra Potter.

My Rating:
4 STARS= Very Good= Enjoyable= I liked it very much...!"

can u please send me this?

message 17: by Odette (new)

Odette Brethouwer (odettebrethouwer) @Ramla if you've just finished it, does that mean I can also read that book for this challenge? In that case, it is a recent read for you as well!

message 18: by Ramla Zareen (new)

@Meshal Raza Wish I could have given you the book in my next visit to Pakistan but few months back when my previous bookshelf broke under the weight of my many, many books I decided to keep only those books in my new bookshelf that I could envision re-reading and unfortunately, this book was among those that I ended up donating to the Frankfurt city library.

@Odette From what I understand, you are asking if you can add The Vintage Wedding to the list of books that you intend to read and rate in response to my comment in the:
Comparing Books Challenge
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Well, officially, only one book should be selected by Member A from Member B's read shelf and only one book should be selected by Member B from Member A's read shelf. Once both members have read and compared the ratings, the challenge can be considered as successfully completed. Then if they wish, both or either of them can participate in the challenge again, starting from step 1. However, since I have already agreed that you can provide your feedback on all the three books you wanted to read and rate, I guess, adding one more book to the list won't make much difference! :-)

message 19: by Odette (new)

Odette Brethouwer (odettebrethouwer) @Ramla yes that was exactly what I meant haha! :D

message 20: by Odette (last edited Mar 02, 2016 02:56AM) (new)

Odette Brethouwer (odettebrethouwer) @Ramla Yes it was :D I really want to read more Fforde in the future, I've read only 2 books from her and I loved them, so that's why I am so enthousiast about this :P

message 21: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Odette wrote: "@Ramla yes that was exactly what I meant haha! :D"

Ramla Zareen wrote: "Great! :-) Hope my response was satisfactory! :-)"

Odette wrote: "@Ramla Yes it was :D I really want to read more Fforde in the future, I've read only 2 books from her and I loved them, so that's why I am so enthousiast about this :P"

Really glad to know this :-) Once you have read them, then if you like, you can also provide detailed feedback in the following discussion thread:

Katie Fforde

Thanks ...and Happy Reading! :-)

message 22: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Meshal Raza wrote: "I need to read some romance/chick lit but I am picky. I love contemporary... please suggest and send me something on demesne@gmail.com?"

Please feel free to browse around the various discussion threads of this folder, especially the following:

Who are your favourite authors of romantic comedy/chick-lit?

...hopefully you will end up discovering wonderful authors/books in this genre :-)

Moreover, you are also welcome to put in a specific recommendation request in the following folder:

RECOMMENDATIONS/REQUESTS/QUERIES

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...

Thanks ...and all the best! :-)

message 23: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Finished reading Rumour Has It Rumour Has It by Jill Mansell by Jill Mansell.

message 24: by Veronica ⭐️ (new)

Veronica ⭐️ finished The Bucket List to Mend a Broken Heart The Bucket List to Mend a Broken Heart by Anna Bell
a lighthearted romance read filled with humour and a little mystery.

my review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...