Durham, NC Goodreads discussion

Favorite Author Events

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karetchko (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:53AM) (new)

Karetchko | 4 comments We get some great author events in this area. What have been some of your favorites? Maybe some of us have been at the same readings!

message 2: by Karetchko (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:53AM) (new)

Karetchko | 4 comments Just to get started...my favorite was actually B-actor Bruce Campbell at the Bull's Head. It was a little more about him being a movie star than an author, but we had a great time...and he was a good sport about signing a book for a friend in a specific way. Too crowded, though!

message 3: by Betsy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:11PM) (new)

Betsy The ultimate author event is Festival of the Book. It was hosted by Duke in 2006, and I think it alternates between Durham and Chapel Hill each year. Many of the authors are quite well known (Thomas Wolfe, Barbara Kingsolver, Pat Conroy).(http://www.dukenews.duke.edu/2006/03/...) My husband and I went to see Barbara Kingsolver in the Duke Chapel last summer and it was fantastic. Would you believe they had to turn away lots of people because it was so well attended. (Actually I think those that didn't fit in the chapel got to watch via live broadcast in Page auditorium.) Anyway, I'll be looking for the next schedule to come out, probably in March 2008.