Movies We've Just Watched discussion

21-not just the title differs from the book

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julie (last edited Mar 31, 2008 05:48PM) (new)

Julie (julielynn) | 1 comments For those who have read Bringing Down the House i urge you not to see this movie if you hope to relive the great time you had while reading this book. If Jim Sturgges wasn't in this movie then I don't know if I could've sat through it. It has such potential to really fast paced and fun and it was everything but those two things. The movie was way too long, and the book is SO fast paced and, again, the movie could've been something great but just went flat.

message 2: by Beth (new)

Beth I was wondering if this movie was based on Bringing Down the House. I really enjoyed the book, it was amazing.

message 3: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 42 comments This movie didn't resonate with me as much as an episode of Medium that I watched earlier in the day...
Kevin Spacey was incredible as usual. I saw the lead actor, Jim Sturgess in Across the Universe this weekend too. He's just OK. At least he's not honing his skill in teeny bopper movies...

message 4: by Christy (new)

Christy (bluecaffeine) | 11 comments I never read Bringing Down the House but I thought 21 was quite entertaining!

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim (jim_) Thanks for the share. I haven't seen it yet, but my expectaions are low. I will see it eventually. I enjoyed parts of the book. I felt that it could have been better and still it was great for a first time novel.