Culture Warrior Culture Warrior discussion

I cant believe people take this guy seriously.

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Geezer (new)

Geezer All he spouts is xenophobic, anti-intellectual, religiously dogmatic, corporately funded feces.
Foxnews and Bill O are the product of a society that now relies on yellow journalism for its daily dose of the real world.

3 million people watch this man on TV.
That makes me sad for the fate of the children.

Brendan I honestly doubt you have ever watched an episode of the O'Reilly Factor. If you have, you would see that you are incorrect on all of your points. Can you give any example to back up your complaint or are you just blindly lash out without anything to back your comments up?

Well over 3 Million people watch Bill, so perhaps you are the one who is simply out of touch with the rest of America.

Brendan Bill O'Reilly is a conservative commentator for Fox News who hosts a program called the O'Reilly Factor. His program is the highest rated cable news program on television. He is neither Republican or Democratic and will slam either party if they are responsible for a particular situation - but he is most certainly a traditionalist. He is vilified and attacked by people on the Far Left because he would dare to disagree with them. Just read some of the reviews of his book - the unrational attacks people make are simply because they do not like what the man says or stands for. I do not agree with him on everything, but I think he is one of the few in the media who will actually report things fairly and blast those who don't. Culture Warrior is a good introduction to Bill, if you are curious about politics in America.

message 4: by Ed (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ed About the topic of this thread. As Bill would say: "that is your opinion, which you are entitled to, and I'm fine with that."

message 5: by Robert (new) - added it

Robert I've read a few of books but have rarely seen him on television(I work the hours he's on). I found him to be more coherent and entertaining on paper. Perhaps this is why I find it puzzling sometimes why people get riled up when even just hear his name.

message 6: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael I received this book as a gift and was like, really???

message 8: by Ed (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ed Really? No ... O'Reilly

message 9: by Chad (last edited Jul 29, 2012 07:04AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chad Judice Profe wrote: "All he spouts is xenophobic, anti-intellectual, religiously dogmatic, corporately funded feces.
Foxnews and Bill O are the product of a society that now relies on yellow journalism for its daily do..."

Do you really believe that the main stream media or MSNBC don't do the exact same thing on the left. People who watch that make me weep for my children.

Cyndy Yellow journalism?! That's a phrase I often use in reference to NBC, ABC, CBS (CNN, MSNBC, etc.) I'm not crazy about Bill O'Reilly. I think he bends over backwards to be "fair" but I'd hardly call his writing anti-intellectual.

Benjamin Your comments reveal more about you than it does about Bill O'Reilly! I think that he tries hard to be "fair and balanced". I can see why his ratings are as high as they are-out-ranking all the liberal networks.