Romance Audiobooks discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > April 2015 Romance Listening

Comments Showing 1-50 of 224 (224 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Lea's Audiobooks (last edited Apr 01, 2015 09:05PM) (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) I'm currently relistening to one of my old faves - Karen Robards' One Summer narrated by Kate Fleming/Anna Fields. What romance are you listening to?

message 2: by Lee (new)

Lee | 484 comments Lea's Audiobooks wrote: "I'm currently relistening to one of my old faves - Karen Robards' One Summer narrated by Kate Fleming/Anna Fields. What romance are you listening to?"

Love, love, love One Summer.

I too am listening to an old Favorite- High Noon, Nora Roberts, narrator Susan Ericksen. Definitely a comfort read/listen.

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4553 comments Mod
Still listening to The Shadows. I'm 13 hours into a 22 hour book.
The Shadows (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #13) by J.R. Ward

message 4: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments Lea's Audiobooks wrote: "I'm currently relistening to one of my old faves - Karen Robards' One Summer narrated by Kate Fleming/Anna Fields. What romance are you listening to?"

I've had that one on my TBR a while...need to move it up!

message 5: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments listening to Dance Upon the Air (at work via the audible app) and Archangel's Blade (via CD in the car)

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 511 comments Still listening to Awaken Me Darkly (Alien Huntress, #1) by Gena Showalter - I'll be done today though as I only have 53 minutes left.

message 7: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 154 comments I'm listening to Branded

message 8: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1116 comments Listening to Darkfever narrated by Joyce Bean. Very complex plot, I'm a couple hours in and I'm still not clear who is friend or foe. Enjoying it though. Our girl is a bit of a girlie girl to start with, I wonder if that will change over time.

message 9: by Maria Rose (last edited Apr 02, 2015 02:35PM) (new)

Maria Rose I'm listening to Asking for Trouble by Tessa Bailey Asking for Trouble (Line of Duty, #4) by Tessa Bailey - it's taken me a little while to get used to the narrator (she sounds a bit like she's speaking through clenched teeth) but I'm enjoying it now.

message 10: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (zannerina) | 274 comments Just finished listening to Just Not Mine, series book 6.

message 11: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments Maria - who is the narrator?

message 12: by Tracy T. (new)

Tracy T. (tracy_t) I finished Four Nights With the Duke (Desperate Duchesses by the Numbers, #2) by Eloisa James Can't say I would recommend this book. I do not. I posted my review. The narration was great though!

message 13: by Maria Rose (new)

Maria Rose Dee wrote: "Maria - who is the narrator?"

Dee, It's listed as Alice Chapman. However she sounds almost identical to Talmadge Ragan so I'm pretty sure they are one and the same. I've only seen Alice doing Tessa Bailey's books so far.

message 14: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) I'm listening to Sylvain Renyard's The Raven narrated by John Michael Morgan. I'm about an hour in and so far, it's great. The narration is outstanding.

message 15: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments Lea's Audiobooks wrote: "I'm listening to Sylvain Renyard's The Raven narrated by John Michael Morgan. I'm about an hour in and so far, it's great. The narration is outstanding."

This book sold me with the Uffizi gallery! (Love books about art.)

I'm recommending it to my library to see if they get it. :)

message 16: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 511 comments Finished Awaken Me Darkly (Alien Huntress, #1) by Gena Showalter - a good sci-fi romance and I'm not really a fan of sci-fi. The heroine takes some getting used to but I liked her. Justine Eyre's narration is excellent.

Now listening to What's a Ghoul to Do? (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #1) by Victoria Laurie

message 17: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments Lauren - I think I bought that one in an audible sale - i'll have to check it out

message 18: by Lee (new)

Lee | 484 comments Decided to listen to an old Nora Roberts favorite- High Noon. This is one of her stand alones that I love- great characters and local detail. And what can I say about Susan Erksen's narration that hasn't been gushed about before? No, I don't hear Eve and or/or Roarke ;-)

message 19: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 511 comments Dee wrote: "Lauren - I think I bought that one in an audible sale - i'll have to check it out"

I probably got it at the same sale :0)

message 20: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments I have so many Nora Roberts that I have grabbed during sales! I'm doing a challenge in another group - its like a reading counting one - so you read 15 books published in 2015; 14 in 2014; 13 in 2013 etc...if you go all the way to 2001, its like 144 books (or something like that) - I could potentially fit over 20 books from my audible account - all Nora/J.D Robb books into the challenge

message 21: by Lee (new)

Lee | 484 comments Dee wrote: "I have so many Nora Roberts that I have grabbed during sales! I'm doing a challenge in another group - its like a reading counting one - so you read 15 books published in 2015; 14 in 2014; 13 in 20..."

Well- I do have the first 35 from the In Death series

message 22: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments I have all of them as well...

message 23: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1116 comments Sue wrote: "Listening to Darkfever narrated by Joyce Bean. Very complex plot, I'm a couple hours in and I'm still not clear who is friend or foe. Enjoying it though. Our girl is a bit of a gir..."

I enjoyed it, but if you expect romance... it's really not in the cards for this first in a series. I admit I expected it to be more like the highlander series, so that was disappointing. But, I'll get over it.. I'm sure it's coming but it's probably volumes away.

message 24: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1116 comments Change of pace time Baby Love by Catherine Coulter. I read this book years ago and the first 100-150 pages are so memorable... so I thought it was worth a revisit as an audio book.

message 25: by Jonetta (new)

Sue wrote: "Sue wrote: "Listening to Darkfever narrated by Joyce Bean. Very complex plot, I'm a couple hours in and I'm still not clear who is friend or foe. Enjoying it though. Our girl is a ..."

The author classifies the Fever series as Urban Fantasy. A romance emerges further along but readers shouldn't approach this as a typical romance.

message 26: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Sue wrote: "Sue wrote: "Listening to Darkfever narrated by Joyce Bean. Very complex plot, I'm a couple hours in and I'm still not clear who is friend or foe. Enjoying it though. Our girl is a ..."

It's best to think of KMM's Darkfever as the beginning of a great big adventure. It was the first time I listened to an urban fantasy series with a long romance arc (and you don't know who the hero will be). I had a listening buddy (Brenda) who helped me with all the little pieces of info along the way. Once you get into the series, you will see numerous references back to KMM's Highlander series. But I didn't pick up on those easily - Brenda pointed them out.

message 27: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1116 comments Lea's Audiobooks wrote: "Sue wrote: "Sue wrote: "Listening to Darkfever narrated by Joyce Bean. Very complex plot, I'm a couple hours in and I'm still not clear who is friend or foe. Enjoying it though. Ou..."

When I chose it, I was thinking of the author's previous works. It's very intriguing, just glad there are several issues for me to read. I love starting a series that's well established. That way I'm not like... oh please, please issue the next book. Naked in series was a gold mine, I love that I still have over a dozen books to catch up with. Plenty of material to go... though BDB is losing steam, the last few I've questioned if I should continue.

message 28: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1116 comments Sue wrote: "Change of pace time Baby Love by Catherine Coulter. I read this book years ago and the first 100-150 pages are so memorable... so I thought it was worth a revisit as an audio book."

Narration was fine but not great. The book though is excellent.

message 29: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1116 comments Jonetta wrote: "Sue wrote: "Sue wrote: "Listening to Darkfever narrated by Joyce Bean. Very complex plot, I'm a couple hours in and I'm still not clear who is friend or foe. Enjoying it though. Ou..."

I admit I looked at the shelving not how the author classified it. Some folks have it shelved as Paranormal romance. I know it's coming but I know it's a long way off... that's okay Barron's is seriously intriguing.

message 30: by Jonetta (new)

Sue, I felt the same as you after the first book as so many had tagged/shelved it as paranormal romance. So, I visited Moning's site where she was adamant about it being UF. Once I accepted that, the series was more appealing as my expectations were more properly set.

message 31: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments i'm glad i knew going in that it was UF - but then I rarely pay attention to people's tagging because one persons' erotica is another persons plain historical (I saw a Lisa klepyas shelved that way, she is the furtherest from erotica i've seen)...

message 32: by Jonetta (new)

Kleypas as erotica? Now that's funny:)

message 33: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments seriously...or someone else also said Stephanie Laurens...and I was like ok...but then very few books actually marked as erotica are since erotica implies no HEA/HFN - most are erotic romance - but that's just my soapbox issues

message 34: by Jonetta (new)

That's a soapbox issue for me, too:)

message 35: by Yaya (new)

Yaya | 135 comments "Sue wrote: "Sue wrote: "I admit I looked at the shelving not how the author classified it. Some folks have it shelved as Paranormal romance. I know it's coming but I know it's a long way off... that's okay Barron's is seriously intriguing."

I just read this series last year and really enjoyed it. I would consider it Paranormal Romance. When you finish it I highly recommend you read/listen to The Alpha Alternative: JZB Sex Scene it's very illuminating.

message 36: by Yaya (new)

Yaya | 135 comments I just finished Sweet Filthy Boy Sweet Filthy Boy (Wild Seasons, #1) by Christina Lauren . I was wasn't too sure about listening to this book because the male character has a french accent. I was pleasantly surprised by the narrator Shayna Thibodeaux. She not only did a great job with the accent, but the distinction between the male and female voice was also good. She elevated this book to 4 stars for me. I'm looking forward to listening other books read by her.

message 37: by Angie (new)

Angie (angiemb) | 415 comments Yaya wrote: "I just finished Sweet Filthy BoySweet Filthy Boy (Wild Seasons, #1) by Christina Lauren. I was wasn't too sure about listening to this book because the male character has a french accent. I was pleas..."

Shayna Thibodeaux is also Candace Thaxton, and I would highly recommend The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay. It's young adult but one of my favorite audios of the last few years.

message 38: by D.G. (last edited Apr 04, 2015 02:00PM) (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments PNR has a main couple per book. UF has one main character throughout the series and the romance develops slowly throughout the series.

It's good that you started once the first 5 books were published, Sue. Those books have the most horrendous cliffhangers ever so I recommend once you get to #3, that you have 4 & 5 ready to go.

message 39: by Jonetta (new)

Ditto what D.G. said! I remember downloading the next books from the library at 2:00 am:)

message 40: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 511 comments The Fever series was my first foray into Audiobooks. While Mac never really grew on me, I was hooked on Barrons and Phil Gigante's narration.

message 41: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1116 comments DG thanks for the advice, will do. bonus is the library has them :)

message 42: by Tracy T. (new)

Tracy T. (tracy_t) Finished The Scandal in Kissing an Heir (At the Kingsborough Ball, #2) by Sophie Barnes Great Book! Great Narration by Susan Duerden!

message 43: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (zannerina) | 274 comments Had to give up after three chapter of It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be, #1) by Tamra Baumann , couldn't waste more time on the childish characterizations and predictable plot.

message 44: by Tracy T. (new)

Tracy T. (tracy_t) I am listening to Nature Of The Beast (MacNachton Vampires, #5) by Hannah Howell , narrated by Mary Jane Wells. Just started it so no commentary on how it is yet. But I do like the narrator.

message 45: by Trish (new)

Trish R. I'm at 33% of A Heart Is A Home Christmas in Texas (Sensual Contemporary Romance Novella) (Texas Lovers Series) by K.E. Saxon and I'm really enjoying it. It has some great sexual tension.

message 46: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments I dnfed two romance audios over the weekend:
Forever and a Day (The Rumor, #1) by Delilah Marvelle - narration was really good but the story was all over the place. It didn't make any sense whatsoever.

Now and Then (Now, #1) by Brenda Rothert - I didn't like the premise once I kept reading. Her sister decides to marry a guy because it's time to get married even though the guy is not interested in her but in the heroine. The heroine though keeps it secret from the sister. Why? Like the guy has no say in the matter of who he dates?

Now I'm back to The Master (The Game Maker, #2) by Kresley Cole . It was going well until the kidnapping. These heroes are nuts!

Tiff's*Addictiontobooks (tiffsaddictiontobooks) | 22 comments Lea's Audiobooks wrote: "I'm currently relistening to one of my old faves - Karen Robards' One Summer narrated by Kate Fleming/Anna Fields. What romance are you listening to?"

Just added it to my list. I love Kate Fleming/Anna Fields.

Tiff's*Addictiontobooks (tiffsaddictiontobooks) | 22 comments I just finished listening to Faking It (Dempseys #2) by Jennifer Crusie . This book is so funny and Aasne Vigesaa does a great job narrating the book.

message 49: by Jonetta (new)

I finished The Shadows by J.R. Ward. There were a couple of shockers in the story and I'm not sure yet how I feel about them.

I'm now listening to Total Surrender by Rebecca Zanetti, narrated by Karen White.
The Shadows (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #13) by J.R. Ward Total Surrender (Sin Brothers, #4) by Rebecca Zanetti

message 50: by Ezi (new)

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 563 comments Jonetta wrote: "I finished The Shadows by J.R. Ward. There were a couple of shockers in the story and I'm not sure yet how I feel about them.

I'm now listening to [book:Total Surre..."

I LOVED Total Surrender!!!

« previous 1 3 4 5
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.