What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. an Indian girl who lives in the US with her father. Her mother died, so she goes to India to bury her mother, and while she's there, all hell breaks loose [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

alexa~♥ (celestialrarity) | 4 comments So this book is about an Indian girl who lives in the US with her father. Her mother died, so she goes to India to bury her mother, and while she's there, all hell breaks loose. Her hotel is invaded/set on fire, so she has to leave her mother's ashes there and cut off her long silky braid. She gets seperated by her father and has trouble trying to find him.

The format of this book is kind of like a diary. While she's there she meets this Indian boy who she stays with for awhile. By then she's been through a whole lot so she doesn't talk, and the boy finds her diary and he starts writing in it and leaving notes for the girl to find. Slowly but surely she starts to talk and they end up falling in love.

The reason for all hell breaking loose was because Indira Ghandi was shot in her garden and she died (it actually happened!). India was split into two and there was a huge fight and if you were a Singh you were killed. I can't remember the name of the other side.

So anyway she gets reunited with her father, who has changed, and he doesn't like the boy because he was either a Singh or the other side. She flies back home and finds out that her best friend slept with her crush, and she realises her crush is an asshole and so is her friend.

Thanks! :)

message 2: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollylovesbooks) | 761 comments I think this is Karma by Cathy Ostlere

alexa~♥ (celestialrarity) | 4 comments Holly wrote: "I think this is Karma by Cathy Ostlere"

Thanks so much!

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 35829 comments Mod
Details added to header. Posters, when posting your query, please don't forget the genre and plot details.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Karma (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Cathy Ostlere (other topics)