Audiobooks discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Audible Offers: 2015 - April to June

Comments Showing 1-50 of 615 (615 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

message 1: by John, Moderator (new)

John | 4641 comments No particular offers going on at this time (that I'm aware of), but starting a new thread while it's quiet.

message 2: by Barron (last edited Mar 31, 2015 10:16PM) (new)

Barron (Barry1961) | 933 comments From what I have heard Audible is offering new customers a $2.95 per month membership for the first three months.lIt is supposed to be running through April 15th.

message 3: by Peter (new)

Peter | 51 comments April listening rewards month:

http://www.audible.com/mt/LR_April15/

Buy 4 books by April 30th with a regular price of $14.95 or more and you'll earn a $10 Listening Reward coupon.

message 4: by Ammon (new)

Ammon (abeckstrom) | 74 comments Peter wrote: "April listening rewards month:

Buy 4 books by April 30th with a regular price of $14.95 or more and you'll earn a $10 Listening Reward coupon."

I bought 4, but one was a pre-order that won't be available until July (Go Set a Watchman). Will that count?

message 5: by John, Moderator (new)

John | 4641 comments When did you place the pre-order?

message 6: by Ammon (new)

Ammon (abeckstrom) | 74 comments I placed the order this morning. And, for the record, it pre-orders do count. If I go to the promo page there's a graphic that shows 1, 2, 3, 4 and says "Congrats! You'll receive your $10 within 10 days."

message 7: by John, Moderator (new)

John | 4641 comments Yes, I was going to say that if you place them during the promo period they count. I wasn't sure if you'd ordered it earlier?

message 8: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 818 comments Darn - just bought 2 books yesterday! I always forget about the April 4 for 10 promotion

For those who are interested - I just found out that they are re-recording Dresden Files Ghost Story with James Marsters as the narrator instead of whoever read it before. It comes out April 21st.

message 9: by John, Moderator (new)

John | 4641 comments I just bought three, but like to wait until the end of the month in case a real "must get!" title appears.

message 10: by Karen (new)

Karen | 96 comments Yeah, I'm waiting to see what else may be available later in the month. I hate using 4 credits at once.

message 11: by Nospin (new)

Nospin | 246 comments Audible deserves a lot of credit for listening to our complaints about the last promotion.

I had no problem tracking my credits and getting credit for a regular priced $14.95 book even though I got the $1.99 Whispersync deal.

Another change is getting the credit in ten days rather than the next month.

I didn't spend any credits yet as I have a lot of Whispersync in my wishlist. It does seem that several that were previously discounted for Whispersync no longer have that notation, though.

message 12: by Berit (new)

Berit | 57 comments Perfect!! Now I have an excuse to buy more books :-)

message 13: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 818 comments Nospin wrote: "Audible deserves a lot of credit for listening to our complaints about the last promotion.

I had no problem tracking my credits and getting credit for a regular priced $14.95 book even though I go..."

At first, I didn't pick up on the fact that you get the $10 within 10 days of when you earn it. That's fantastic!

message 14: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie | 5451 comments I wonder if I cancel my pre-orders and then buy them on the release date in April instead... will that count? ;)

I've noticed Audible now puts my pre-orders in myh Library according to date purchased rather than when they release which puts them way down the page of my Library instead of first up once available. Hate having to search for new releases. *sighs*

message 15: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 352 comments White Jade (The Project Book 1)
is free Mystery/Thriller and the audiobook is $1.99.

I see that Audible has a tracker showing when a qualified book has been purchased, so I'll see if they accept the Whispersync books.

message 16: by Karen (new)

Karen | 96 comments Someone once posted how to find your Kindle books that have whispersync companions. Could someone post again?

message 17: by Coralee (new)

Coralee | 30 comments Karen wrote: "Someone once posted how to find your Kindle books that have whispersync companions. Could someone post again?"

Partway down the page on the left it says find your match.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html...

message 18: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 352 comments Karen wrote: "Someone once posted how to find your Kindle books that have whispersync companions. Could someone post again?"

Karen, here's the link:

Find Your Match

Just scroll down the page to where it says: Find Your Match.

Find Your Match

message 19: by Karen (new)

Karen | 96 comments Kathy wrote: "Karen wrote: "Someone once posted how to find your Kindle books that have whispersync companions. Could someone post again?"

Karen, here's the link:

Find Your Match

Just scroll down the page to ..."

Thank you!

message 20: by Robin (new)

Robin | 1869 comments Peter wrote: "April listening rewards month:

Buy 4 books by April 30th with a regular price of $14.95 or more and you'll earn a $10 Listening Reward coupon."

Yesss! My strategy is working - save credits from Jan-April while catching up on backlog, then use 4 during the rewards month. My "catching up" still leaves a lot of backlog so I may go on hiatus after this. If I restart in August, I can have 4 credits again for November. I'm sure I'll still accumulate some from Daily Deals and other sales.

message 21: by Susanne (new)

Susanne (heysus74) | 241 comments FYI - purchases can be made with either cash or credit and count towards buying 4 books...as long as the the regular price is 14.95 or more. I bought an audiobook today for 5.95 but the regular price was $31 and it counted towards my 4 purchases.

message 22: by CatBookMom (new)

CatBookMom | 1598 comments Nospin wrote: "I didn't spend any credits yet as I have a lot of Whispersync in my wishlist. It does seem that several that were previously discounted for Whispersync no longer have that notation, though.
..."

I noticed that this morning, too. I also noticed a couple of WS deals that didn't acknowledge that I own the Kindle book. And I think the special WS prices were there earlier this week.

I'm hoping that means there's 'just a glitch', because some of the books in my WishList are there primarily because they were WS deals, I've bought the Kindle books, and am now just waiting for another $10 credit to purchase the audiobook edition.

message 23: by CatBookMom (last edited Apr 01, 2015 06:40PM) (new)

CatBookMom | 1598 comments Karen wrote: "Someone once posted how to find your Kindle books that have whispersync companions. Could someone post again?"

I can never remember where the link for this is, and keep wondering why it's not easily found on the Kindle pages.

But if you want to check your books, find a Whispersync'd book at Audible, go to the book page and click the link to the Kindle book. That puts you at Amazon; above the box with formats & prices, you'll see this:

Audible Narration

Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Since you own the Kindle book, add narration for a reduced price of $9.95. Or, find audio companions for other Kindle books you own.

Click on 'find audio companions' and it will then search all of your Kindle books.

message 24: by Susanne (new)

Susanne (heysus74) | 241 comments also, in your Kindle app, you can pull up the side menu and one of the options is "audio upgrades" (listed under Discover) and it show you all of your kindle books that have a W/S option, the price, and a chance to sample the audio.

message 25: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie | 5451 comments I spent three credits that will apply to my April bonus when I found that the four books that have been missing from the Hamish Macbeth series are finally available:
Death of a Dustman (Book 17)
Death of a Celebrity (Book 18)
Death of a Poison Pen (Book 20)
A Highland Christmas (Book 16) is a short story and costs less than $14.95 so doesn't count, but I got it anyway. These are all graham Malcolm narrations so I have the complete set with Davina Porter up to book 15 and Malcolm thereafter. Phew, that soothes my OCD!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

My Kindle app on my iPad does not have an audio upgrades section. I checked the side menu quite thoroughly, and I can't find it.

This would be very useful to me, because Find Your Match never works (possibly because my Amazon account is .ca?)

message 27: by Susanne (new)

Susanne (heysus74) | 241 comments Jennifer (Official Goodreads Glutton for Punishment) wrote: "My Kindle app on my iPad does not have an audio upgrades section. I checked the side menu quite thoroughly, and I can't find it."

I have an android phone, although i don't know why it wouldn't be on the iphone/ipad kindle app too.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I should point out that my app does not even have a Discover section.

message 29: by John, Moderator (new)

John | 4641 comments Susanne wrote: "Jennifer (Official Goodreads Glutton for Punishment) wrote: "My Kindle app on my iPad does not have an audio upgrades section. I checked the side menu quite thoroughly, and I can't find it."

I ha..."

I don't see Discover on the left menu on my android app?

message 30: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 818 comments I have iPhone, and it's called "audio companions" on my kindle app.

message 31: by Susanne (new)

Susanne (heysus74) | 241 comments my android kindle app is version 4.10.0.88. I've been able to look up audio upgrades in the Kindle app for a few months.

audio upgrades is the only thing under the "discover" section.

I wish I knew how to post a screen shot here, then I could show you what it looks like.

message 32: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 352 comments John wrote: "Susanne wrote: "Jennifer (Official Goodreads Glutton for Punishment) wrote: "My Kindle app on my iPad does not have an audio upgrades section. I checked the side menu quite thoroughly, and I can't..."

You might be able to scroll through some of the discussion at this link and see how to access the audio upgrades. One commenter says the option is located on the home menu.

http://kindleworld.blogspot.com/2014/...

message 33: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 352 comments Susanne wrote: "my android kindle app is version 4.10.0.88. I've been able to look up audio upgrades in the Kindle app for a few months.

I wish I kn..."

I think the only way to share a screenshot is as an image, and images have to be on a website.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 34: by John, Moderator (new)

John | 4641 comments I misunderstood and thought the Discover section was part of the Audible app!

Jennifer: it's below NEWSSTAND, so you have to scroll down to see it.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I have:

Search
Sync
All Items
Books
Newsstand
Docs
Collections

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm becoming more convinced that this has something to do with the fact that I'm not in the US.

message 37: by John, Moderator (new)

John | 4641 comments That could well be. My side choices are, in order:

Home: Search, Sync, Store

Library: All Items, On Device, Collections, Books, Docs, and Newsstand.

Discover: Audio Upgrades

Your Account: Settings

About: Info, Send Feedback, and Help

I can't believe Amazon Canada doesn't have the rest of those below Newsstand? To see them on my phone, I have to keep my finger on the side list and pull it upwards, or I'd never have known there were more choices.

message 38: by Barron (new)

Barron (Barry1961) | 933 comments Susanne wrote: "my android kindle app is version 4.10.0.88. I've been able to look up audio upgrades in the Kindle app for a few months.

I wish I kn..."

I have the same version as you so I can also look up audio upgrades under the Discover section. I just got my Android tablet less than a month ago so I am pretty sure I have the latest version of the kindle app for android.

I have used the function a couple of time already and will be using it again this Friday.

message 39: by Nospin (new)

Nospin | 246 comments I am getting reports that the free kindle audible book counts toward the 4 books neededfor the credit

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008...

message 40: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 670 comments Nospin wrote: "I am getting reports that the free kindle audible book counts toward the 4 books neededfor the credit

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008..."

Yes, that has held true for me in the past.

message 41: by Briar Rose (new)

Briar Rose | 203 comments Leslie wrote: "Nospin wrote: "I am getting reports that the free kindle audible book counts toward the 4 books neededfor the credit

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008..."

Yes, that has ..."

Awesome!

message 42: by Briar Rose (new)

Briar Rose | 203 comments On the Listener Rewards page, it says:

"Track Your Progress
Use the counter to the right to see how many books you have left to go!"

But I can't see any counter?

message 43: by Karen (new)

Karen | 96 comments On my tablet I had to move the page over. Also I don't think the tracker is on the mobile site.

Heidi (Yup. Still here.)  | 1800 comments Briar Rose wrote: "On the Listener Rewards page, it says:

"Track Your Progress
Use the counter to the right to see how many books you have left to go!"

But I can't see any counter?"

It's there - it is disguised a little. It took me a minute to see it.

message 45: by Briar Rose (new)

Briar Rose | 203 comments Heidi (Yup. Still here.) wrote: "It's there - it is disguised a little. It took me a minute to see it. "

Could you describe where it is? I've scoured the page and I still can't see it.

message 46: by Heidi (Yup. Still here.) (last edited Apr 02, 2015 08:02AM) (new)

Heidi (Yup. Still here.)  | 1800 comments Click on the "get rewarded" button on the top of Audible. To your right there are the numbers 1 2 3 4 - they will be a dark orange if you have any qualifying purchases. Directlyt below the numbers it says "You purchased # qualifying books..."

message 47: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (ShirleytheKindlereader) | 740 comments Kathy wrote: "White Jade (The Project Book 1)
is free Mystery/Thriller and the audiobook is $1.99.

I used unlimited read free and added whispersinc and they qualified.

I see that Audible has a tracker showing when a qualified book has been purchased, so I'll see if they a..."

message 48: by Drew (new)

Drew | 53 comments Snowbound is $1.99 for a couple of days (normally 3.99). WS is $1.99.

message 49: by Kathy (last edited Apr 02, 2015 10:53AM) (new)

Kathy Golden | 352 comments Encrypted: An Action-Packed Techno-Thriller: From the author of the blockbuster Betrayed series (Robin Hood Hacker Book 1) is free and the audiobook is $1.99. Is anyone familiar with this author's books?

message 50: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3435 comments Unless something I can't live without pops up on the Audible or Kindle/WS daily deals, I'll probably just pick some books from my wish list. Though, to be honest, I'm at a point where I have very few books on my wish list on which I'd be willing to shell out a full credit now that my library started carrying audiobooks on Overdrive. Most of the books are on my list so that I can watch for them on sale.

Methinks it's time for Audible Light once my membership lapses in the fall.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.