Writing Passionates discussion

worst story idea you ever had

Comments Showing 1-50 of 218 (218 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ | 5857 comments Mod
You know how sometimes you think you have a really good idea for a story, and later on you look back at it and say, "What was I thinking?!" Well, I want to hear about everyone's worst story ideas ever. Here, I'll give some of mine.

-Mrs. Sippy, the Vampire Guinea Pig

-Giant super intelligent rats experimenting on "lab humans" (they're like lab rats, only they're people)

-A portal to another world through a magical elevator

-Two girls who transport themselves from place to place through a magic toilet.

Anyone else? :)

message 2: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Sella Malin | 4530 comments Mod
Once I had the idea of this girl who goes on this ship. On the ship are these creatures called Lutes, who are really weird-looking. They act all nice to her, but once they get to their island they imprison her. On the ship, they got her to answer a question with the word "Yes" and they bound her word in a book and then she had to destroy that book...um, it was messed up.

message 3: by Brigid ✩ (new)

ooh. I just thought of another one. It was about squirrels. So there are these two squirrels who are in love. One day, they are merrily gathering acorns in some random person's backyard, when this dog comes along and starts chasing them. The dog attacks the girl squirrel and bites off her tail. Then the two squirrels run away. But when they get home their parents are really mad at them and forbid them to see each other. So of course they run away. But the boy squirrel has this younger brother who decides to follow them for some reason, and he makes friends with this other squirrel along the way. And then there was all this random stuff with owls and traps, and the plot was really weird and pointless. It was kind of like a soap opera. Only with squirrels. :)

message 4: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

HAHA I'm cracking up right now. It sounds really funny.

message 5: by Brigid ✩ (new)

believe me--it really was hilarious, it was so bad. :)

message 6: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

I know it sounds so cheesy :D

message 7: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Wow. I just went through some of my writing from when I was like ten, and I found even MORE horrible stories.

-There's this family, and the dad works at this zoo. And he really likes this particular gorilla at the zoo. Then the gorilla dies. The family is sad, and they stand outside in their backyard, and the little girls are like, "Our backyard is magical!" It really didn't make any sense.

-A girl turns into a swan if she touches anything made out of metal.

-A girl gets saved from a fire by a magical talking paper crane.

-A girl saves a mouse from the mouse trap. The mouse starts talking to her. It says something like, "Thank you for freeing me. Now you must go save your village from a horrible monster!" And the girl looks out the window and sees a monster stomping around outside and squishing houses. Then the mouse is like, "Here is a sword." And a sword magically appears in front of it. This all happened in about half a page. I didn't finish it, but that's definitely a good thing. lol.

message 8: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Some more of my silly ideas from a long time ago:

-Tinkerbell is Mollybell's best friend. She is in Neverland, and Mollybell lives in Fairyland. Mollybell wants Tinkerbell to come back. Of course Tinkerbell can't do that. So she sends her twin sister, Isabell, to go to Fairyland and pretend to be her. Then Isabell leaves and comes back to Neverland, and Mollybell goes missing, and Carybell goes to look for her...argh.

-It is in the future, and everything is technology. Robots are taking over the world...(what was I thinking?!?!)

message 9: by Brigid ✩ (new)

haha. that is funny, because I tried writing a story about Tinkerbell, too. I entered it in a contest. didn't win. lol. then i tried to make it longer, and just made it worse.

Oh I started this other story once when I was eleven. It was supposed to be realistic fiction. It started off as this story about this girl whose parents got divorced, and she was really sad and felt bad for herself blah blah blah. But writing realistic fiction is just impossible for me, so there was this totally random twist in the middle where her stuffed pig started talking to her and telling it what to do. It was sooooo bizarre. lol.

message 10: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

haha thats funny! Once I wrote this story about this boy who lives in a gang of kids who live on the streets and they have to beg for money everyday. the leader had a dark secret- he is part of a gang of thieves, but nobody knows. it was messed up.

message 11: by Brigid ✩ (new)

oh i wrote a story kind of like that too, about homeless kids. only their leader wanted to become a gypsy. haha.

message 12: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

haha lol

message 13: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 2838 comments I have an awful story that I thought was so good when I wrote it. This girl got dared to go into a haunted house, and she did. The house was all weird, I spent ten pages talking about it. Then she grew up and bought the house. I thought it was really good, so I wrote a 2nd and 3rd story, about time travel and reappearing dust. It was really weird...

message 14: by Veronica, What the neck!? (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) | 2889 comments Mod
I wrote a story about a girl who thinks she is allergic to bees but isn't. I had to write something with situational irony for English. It was the worst story I have ever written.

message 15: by Josh (new)

Josh | 83 comments So i once wrote this story about a mouse and his cat friend who try to take revenge on another cat who killed the mouses family. None of the traps they set would work, so in the end they turned the cat into a bowl of shampoo. kinda strange.

message 16: by Brigid ✩ (new)

haha. josh that is funny. :) ...once i wrote this story about these twins, a girl and a boy, who went walking in this jungle. then they got kidnapped by this gorilla cult. And then the gorillas could talk, and they wanted to eat the children, but the kids tricked the gorillas and got away. i don't know what i was thinking when i wrote that one... lol.

message 17: by Brigid ✩ (new)

i also wrote this weird thing once about people who lived in hills in this happy magical land where it is never winter. only then it starts to snow and they get totally freaked out and they all leave. then this girl and her dog get left behind and have to survive on their own... oh, and the girl had some vision about her dead grandmother talking to her. and then the girl could talk to fire or something weird like that. 'twas stupid. :)

message 18: by Dan (new)

Dan (akagunslinger) Can I use the vampire guinea pig concept if the opportunity presents itself? It has great comedic potential in the vein of the rabbit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

message 19: by Brigid ✩ (new)

sure...I don't intend to finish that story. haha.

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) Worst Story idea? Diaries of princesses based off Mario series characters! It sucked!

message 21: by Brigid ✩ (new)

haha. i have these two friends who used to write books together when they were really little kids, and they would base them off of disney characters and stuff. so they made this one about "beauty & the beast". And then the last sentence in the book was "The beast got squished." And there was a picture of this piano or something, and under it was a big brown SPLAT which was the beast. lol.

message 22: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

haha!!

message 23: by Brigid ✩ (new)

In fifth grade, my friend and I wrote this story together that we thought was soooo good, but it was so bad it's embarrassing! So there was this island, and it was getting overpopulated. The king of the island sent a bunch of people away from the island on this ship so that the island wouldn't be overpopulated anymore. Then the ship crashed or something, and everybody died except for two girls. So then the girls were on this other island, and they started wandering through the jungle. One of the girls got hypothermia. Then the other girl got eaten by a jaguar. The girl with hypothermia sacrificed herself so that the other girl could come back to life. So then the girl who had been eaten was alive again, and the girl who had sacrificed herself was still there but she was a ghost. Then the ghost girl is like, "I used to be a gypsy. Then my entire family got stabbed by bandits!!! And I am not really ten years old. I am actually twenty. And I have a daughter who lives in this orphanage and we have to go save her!" It was so random. Even I don't understand that plot twist, but whatever. They went and saved the girl from the evil orphanage, where all the girls got "whipped fifty times a day" by some evil lady. Then they traveled through this magic toilet back to the island where they originally came from, and stabbed the king. Then they ruled the island and lived happily ever after. The end. I can't believe how good me and my friend thought this story was. lol. It was ridiculous.

message 24: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

wow. I'm cracking up right now. It's so random! once I wrote this story about this girl who went to this very tall mountain and met a nice dragon there named Brittany. The dragon showed her into her house, where she had 101 stories, with 101 bathrooms in all different colors. In the attic, the dragon's halloween costumes were going missing. The dragon thought someone was stealing them. The girl goes to investigate. She looks in the attic, and falls down a hole. When she hits the bottom of the mountain, she finds all the missing halloween costumes, and the last sentence in the story was "and so, the stealer of the halloween costumes was a hole!" then another story, it was a joint story with my friend, it's about this girl, Lynda, who's parents are divorced. She finds out that her best friend is really her sister, but they were seperated at birth. Then, this ghost from World War II comes to haunt them, because he was buried where they lived. He says he will kill them if they don't move. They get magical powers and turn into fairies, and then they fight the ghost to the death. They kill the ghost, but then the ghost's twin brother comes and they have to kill him to. At the end, they wake up sleeping in the same room, and it was all a dream. Like Brigid, my friend and I thought it was a really good story at the time. We wanted to get it published! I don't know what we were thinking.

message 25: by Brigid ✩ (new)

lol. wow. me and my friend, with our story...we wanted to get it published too! we looked up all these guidelines for publishing in magazines and stuff. fortunately, we saved ourselves the humiliation and never got around to actually sending it off. anyway, your story with the dragon reminded me of this other awful story that I wrote once. It was called "The Dragon Worshippers". There was this weird alternate universe thing, and there was this cult of people who worshipped dragons. and everybody else hated them and shunned them. so the main character especially hated dragon worshippers, because dragons breathed fire on her house and burned it down and killed her parents. then she had to live with her uncle and aunt. her aunt is insane, and tells her something like: "dragons are dangerous! they will sneak up on you and eat you and you will die!" and then she starts laughing maniacally! and then her aunt like burned down the house on purpose and killed the uncle... but that wasn't until later in the story. anyway, the protagonist goes to school and meets this weird girl who she becomes friends with. but then it turns out that her friend is a dragon worshipper!!! *gasp!* But then for some reason they run away on this ship. Then they get sick and almost die. Then they end up on this island where all these other dragon worshippers were hiding. and then it turned out that the main character's dragon-worshipper friend wanted to sacrifice her and had been plotting against her the whole time... I think I stopped writing after that, because i didn't know what I wanted to happen. But it was so ridiculous. lol. :)

message 26: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

haha. You know, if you took on the idea and changed it or expanded it to make it different, it could actually work!

message 27: by Brigid ✩ (new)

maybe... i dunno. i just messed it up so much, it would be hard to make it good. plus i couldn't stand the main character. i just wanted to kill her off. grrr...

message 28: by Brigid ✩ (new)

i don't know if this exactly counts as a story idea, but... i had this dream once. and in the dream, i was like "hmm... i don't know what to write a story about." and then I was like, "oh! i know! i'll write a story about ZEBRAS!!!" and in the dream i thought it was such an amazing idea. but then when i woke up, i was like, "what was my dream-self thinking?" lol.

message 29: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

that sounds really funny. I had something similar to that once. One time, I was in the middle of writing a story, and I didn't know what to happen next. Then, that night, I dreamed about the story. I dreamed that the main character finds a ladybug, and she falls in love with the ladybug, and then the ladybug gets hurt, so she nurses it back to health, but in the end the ladybug turned into fire and died. It was very strange.

message 30: by Brigid ✩ (new)

wow... i wonder how a psychologist would interpret that. lol. i love looking up what my dreams "mean" on the internet. it can be really funny sometimes...

message 31: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Haha. Maybe I feel like there's a lack of bugs in my life...lol

message 32: by Brigid ✩ (new)

tori, your first story reminded me of this other dumb thing that i wrote in fifth grade about this girl who snuck onto this pirate ship because she wanted to be a pirate. and then she made friends with this girl who was like a prostitute (okay, in fifth grade i didn't know what a prostitute was, but now that i look back at the story she seemed like a prostitute. she said she was hired to "entertain the pirates" or something like that. lol). and the girl gave her this magic ring . and then they got like kidnapped by ghosts or something. it was really random. lol.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Oooh!!!! I have some okay.... (dont laugh)

1. A colony of elephants that like to stomp on people and eat their guts (i was going through this weird evil boyish stage lol)
2. A school full of animals and one bunny that teaches a bunch of morals.
3. A girl goes to sleep and when she wakes up she and her hamster switched places.
4. Two friends that try out for a cheer leading team, and at the tryouts they have to get 100% on a science quiz about plant cells.
5. This 6 year old boy has to kill his pet elephant (PET elephant?) and then he ends up killing himslef and his pet elephant and they have to take this like journey through like a magical forest were at night everything gets covered in highly toxic sludge. Lol
6. This girl eats dog poo and gets turned into a fairy and then she uses her powers to turn this guy that she hates into a hamster.

OKAY! YOUVE HAD YOUR FUN! NOW BE QUIET!

message 34: by Brigid ✩ (new)

wow. haha. don't feel ashamed rachel; we've all had some pretty whacked ideas, trust me. ;D i'm trying to think of some my other really weird ones...

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah. i especially hae my last idea. the dog poo one. i dont know how i got the idea for that one.

message 36: by Brigid ✩ (new)

i wrote this thing in fifth grade about this girl--i think her name was eva (i reused the name in soul stealer. lol.) and she was like a hippie basically and was all in-tune with nature and whatnot. and she wrote a lot. then she had to go live on a farm with her aunt, uncle, and cousin. and she knew something was wrong but nobody said anything; only it turned out that her other cousin died and nobody told her about it. then her cousin (the one who was still alive XD) read her diary and she got really mad and yelled at him. then she was walking in the woods and these evil magic vines grabbed her and dragged her into another world. haha.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

werid. yeah. i dont know how we get ideas like those. I mean all of these ideas are so crazy, but some of them are funny!

message 38: by Brigid ✩ (new)

i wrote this other weird thing once, where there were two girls, and they decided they wanted to capture people's souls in little clay people that they made. they recited some magic poem and the clay people came to life and started chasing them. Then one of the girls had this dream where some magic spirit or something was like, 'sprinkle this magic powder on the clay people!' and when she woke up there was this bag of magic powder under her pillow, which she sprinkled over the clay people. and then she threw them into the ocean. the end!

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

OH! i thought of another one that i wrote during my evil boyish stage.
It was basically just like star wars with my own twists on it, but instead of saying may the force be with you it was like may the pie be with you. it was really weird!

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

I seriously dont know how i got that idea. RANDOM

message 41: by Brigid ✩ (new)

oh one other time i wrote this weird thing about fairies. they lived in this place called Goldleaf, because there was this giant talking tree there with golden leaves. only there was this particularly special gold leaf that got stolen by humans. so then this one fairy was sent out to find it. then she fell in love w/some random human guy. and the whole plot twist was that he wanted to go to Goldleaf and chop down the magical tree for some reason. it was kinda confusing...

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah. i can tell. but i sounds kinda funny. lol

message 43: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Lol, Brigid!! Sounds funny!! :D

message 44: by Brigid ✩ (new)

heehee. not really. it was so dumb it wasn't even funny really. XD
i remember one of the first stories i ever wrote was about this girl, and she went to a waterfall. then she saw this thing behind the waterfall, and it was this fuzzball with arms and legs. so she took it home and kept it as a pet. then she found out it could transport itself and other objects/people from place to place. the end! i sent it in for a cricket magazine contest and i got an honorable mention... for some reason XD

message 45: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 2838 comments I've been wondering (not to sound stupid or anything) but what does XD mean?

message 46: by adi (new)

adi (restartaugust) | 125 comments (XD is just an expression. like ':)'. extreme happiness or whatever)

i had this one in 5th grade where every chapter was 1 page long. there were, like, 50 chapters xD my writing was huge and ugly, too. haha. anyway, it was right after i read eragon, and was obsessed with it. so this girl named shakira has this dragon, named shia or something, and she works with this guy who's part dog, and she's horribly deformed.... and then she gets kidnapped, and this plot device girl appears and helps the guy save her.... um... yeah. she was also a dog-person.

it was very soap-opera-y.

i had another one, a short stort in 4th grade about an idian girl who's tribe someon got the rain god angry, so they had no water. she had to go a quest for him to get water... it was strange.

in 2nd grade, i had one about a girl from uranus. like the panet. it was very stupid. haha. i hardly remember what happened.

message 47: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Once I starting writing this story about this girl who was a selkie. Her mother had been missing for a long time, so one day she decided to go search for her. She ran into this one human boy, who finds out what she was, so she "erased his memory." Then later, she bumps into him again. He finds out what she was again, so she lets him come with her on her journey to find her mother. The whole book was going to be about their journey, and what they did on it, and how they found her mother...it was weird.

message 48: by Brigid ✩ (new)

i tried to write this dramatic story once about this girl whose sister died... and every other chapter was a memory of her sister. it was really corny. it was like, 'and then i remember how she used to tell me happy fairy tales about happy bunny rabbits!' and one of my friends read it and started laughing hysterically... even though it wasn't supposed to be funny. ouch.

message 49: by Will (new)

Will Colbert (willbooks08) | 1 comments Hi Folks,

Thanks for the update on the movies you just watched.

Will

message 50: by Brigid ✩ (new)

uh... what???

« previous 1 3 4 5