The Haarsma Cafe discussion

Review Betrayal on Orbis 2 HERE!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (azshannon) | 14 comments Mod
If you have read Betrayal on Orbis 2, what did you like about it? **This may be a spoiler alert for those who have not read the book yet***

message 2: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (azshannon) | 14 comments Mod
I like the fact that you got to see some new aliens and got to see deeper into old characters. I felt really connected with the characters in book two.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

It was the emotional depth for me. There is a lot of deep stuff there for adults to pick up on, but yet not too heavy for children. I was struck by the downward turn in the children's spirits - the loss of cheer, the feelings of hopelessness, the desperation to get out of the situation - all so natural to people living and working in depressed conditions. I think this was written into the story in a masterful way, because it is subtle, yet realistic.

The other thing I liked very much is that the protagonist is flawed. He's not a perfect boy. He makes mistakes and bad choices. But he always tries to do the right thing. He tries to right his wrongs. He is filled with compassion and perseverance. He's a great hero, because he has a good heart, a positive spirit and leads by example.

I love this book!

message 4: by Kristen (last edited Apr 02, 2008 08:38AM) (new)

Kristen (misskk) I'm nearly finished with book 2! Goodness! It really gets my pulse racing and it's all I can do to remain calm and not fall off the edge of my seat! PJ keeps you right in the thick of things that's for sure!