What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. These young girls one black, one white, become friends. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 5 comments There's another book I read about 4-5 years ago, it was about these young girls one black one white and they lived back when people were still racist. I remember they would always meet at a stream. Eventually, the little black girl gets raped and killed by these older men. I remember that she was buried in a whole covered with stones.

Miss.Always.Reading.Books (missilovereadingbooks) | 51 comments I hadn't meant to tell you this by Jacqueline Woodson?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 3: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 5 comments No that isn't it. :/ It seems like a really good book though. I don't know if this helps but the paperback I read had rocks on it and maybe a river. I'm pretty sure.

message 4: by N (new)

N (kaxxie) | 104 comments I haven't read this book yet, so I'm not positive it's a match, but the description of The Stones of Mourning Creek by Diane Les Becquets The Stones of Mourning Creek by Diane Les Becquets sounds very similar.

message 5: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 5 comments Oh my goodness! That's it! I've been trying to find this book forever! Thank you so much Nancy! :D

message 6: by N (new)

N (kaxxie) | 104 comments I'm so glad it's found :) And thanks for the recommendation; it's on my "to read" list now. It sounds like a difficult read but a moving one.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Stones of Mourning Creek (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Diane Les Becquets (other topics)