Beautiful Redemption (The Maddox Brothers, #2) Beautiful Redemption discussion

About the epilogue... (spoiler alert!)

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ajita Thomas referred to Liis as his girlfriend and I wondered, after ten years, why didn't they marry? Then I thought, maybe it was because of the job and the case they were working on. Maybe it wasn't safe yet. Any thoughts?

message 2: by Lau (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lau I think it's partially because of that reason as well. However, I thought it's because it's part of what the book is talking about; that their love is forever even though Thomas didn't love Liis first. You see in Beautiful Disaster and Oblivion, both Travis and Trenton married their first love. So, by marrying each other, it kind of disrupts the flow of Thomas and Liis's relationship in that sense. (At least that's what I think :>)

Ajita Lau wrote: "I think it's partially because of that reason as well. However, I thought it's because it's part of what the book is talking about; that their love is forever even though Thomas didn't love Liis fi..."

But isn't that exactly why they should've gotten married? Because even though she isn't his first, she is forever and they have been together for ten years, there's a baby coming. I don't know xD Now it seems like they can't take that final step. Thank you for replying. :)

Stephanie I think it has a lot to do with both of them being career driven. At the end, she is finally getting to the job she had always wanted. She always said that her career came first. So I think once she was where she wanted to be and he was finally done with that case things will progress in their relationship. I believe the pregnancy was a little happy accident. I am sure some it will come out in Taylor and Tyler's books or books. Not sure how she has that planned out yet.

Stephanie Stephanie wrote: "I think it has a lot to do with both of them being career driven. At the end, she is finally getting to the job she had always wanted. She always said that her career came first. So I think once sh..."

Okay so looks like Taylor's book is set for this summer and is called Beautiful Sacrifice. So as I said maybe more of it will be played out then as well.

Ajita Hey Stephanie, thank you for your comment. I think you're right about their careers. I also hope we'ĺl get to see a bit of Thomas and Liis in Taylor's book, though I'm a little confused about the timeline now :P

Stephanie Well at Travis' wedding both Taylor and Tyler had dates so I'm thinking their stories will pick up after that. We can only hope to get the other brothers with Taylor's story and then Tyler's.

Ilana i also feel like they both had fears of getting married knowing that they weren't necessarily going to be in the same place. that doesn't mean that they weren't completely committed to one another, but that they just had something that worked for them.

Stephanie We get Taylor's story in two days :). On a side note, she is publishing a novella about Shepley and America. It will be called Something Beautiful and is due out in August.

Stephanie Also Tyler's book will be out in January and will be called Beautiful Burn. It also looks like she is working on a continuation of Trent and Cami's story as well. I think. Some of these books should give us more of a glimpse at Thomas.

Brenda Liis and Thomas have to work a lot about their relationship and this isn't show for us. So I kind imagine their arguing about marriage, but of course with the baby is they can be really together and also the investigation is resolve, kind of.