Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > odd book entry

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by jenjn79 (new)

jenjn79 | 565 comments I was adding books to my to-read list by entering in ISBN's directly from the books on my shelves and came across a really odd discrepancy. I think it's an error from Amazon, but I wanted to check in here before I make any corrections.

The ISBN is 0373772564
Linda Lael Miller - Deadly Deceptions

So entering the ISBN should have given me the exact book & edition...but I get a weird result.

The title and author are wrong along with other info, but the existing summary matches the back cover of the book I have. It's a total mismatch of everything.

I did some digging on the web, and ISBN seems to go with the LLM book I have and not the GR entry, and the book the GR entry notes doesn't seem to exist. And if you click the thumbnail book graphic, it gives you the cover for the LLM book.

I'm guessing this is some weird screw-up from Amazon, but before I correct anything, I wanted to see what anyone else thought.

Oh..the GR entry is here:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36...

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45034 comments Mod
Even Amazon has it right now (although that's almost certainly where the error originated). So I fixed it. Hope you weren't set on doing it yourself. ;)

message 3: by jenjn79 (new)

jenjn79 | 565 comments Nope, that's okay :) I considered fixing it right away, but I'm still new around here and learning the ins and outs...so better to ask questions first, I guess. I hadn't come across something so completely off-kilter during my book-adding free-for-all during the past week.

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45034 comments Mod
Much less common than small errors, but once in a while there's something GR has pulled from Amazon that is completely wonky. I agree that it never hurts to ask. :)