The Faery Reel: Tales from the Twilight Realm The Faery Reel discussion

Faery Reel...amazing?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Stacia Wow, this book was wierd...but really amazing!

What was your favorite story? which one was the wierdest for you?

Darci This is probably one of my favorite books ,__, I only read it though because Holly Black had a story written in it and I found it through her website. I found so many other authors that I liked through it. I liked:

Catnyp by Delia Sherman*
Elvenbrood by Tanith Lee*
Tengu Mountains by Gregory Frost
The Faery Handbag by Kelly Link
The Price of Glamour by Steve Berman
The Night Market by Holly Black*
Never Never by Bruce Glassco
Screaming for Faeries by Ellen Steiber
Foxwife by Hiromi Goto*
The Faery Reel by Neil Gaiman

I starred the ones that were my absolute favorites out of the minimal favorites :P. I think either Tengu Mountains or Foxwife would be the weirdest though

Nmdrew If you enjoyed these, you might want to check out a series of re-told fairy tales edited by Terry Windling and Ellen Datlow. I think there are like six or seven volumes. Foxwife was published in one of them (I'm pretty sure). One story that really stays with me is "wolf" by Tanith Lee. And if you like those, try Red as Blood, or Tales from the Sisters Grimmer by Tanith Lee.

message 4: by Jes (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jes Nmdrew wrote: "If you enjoyed these, you might want to check out a series of re-told fairy tales edited by Terry Windling and Ellen Datlow."
Absolutley loved both Faery Reel and Foxwife!May also want to try

Mythspring And
The Essential Bordertown or
The Coyote Road

They are awesome collections to introduce you to the wide world of wonderful authors out there. It is funny how you can start with one author which leads you to another and then another... I started with Charles de Lint which lead to Terry Windling and Ellen Datlow and ended up with Holly Black and Neil Gaiman.
Would suggest Faery Reel and any of the above if people were exploring new fantasy!