Chicks On Lit discussion

BOOKSFREE.COM

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (missfryer) | 532 comments Do you guys do this?

I'm thinking about it...

message 2: by Jo (new)

Jo what is it? I am blocked from the site because I am at work.

message 3: by Christi (new)

Christi | 5 comments I just make a list and request the books from my local library. They've got a great group of libraries in the network. I've only had to wait two weeks at most for a very popular title.

I'd miss the whole library experience of browsing, chatting with the librarian, etc if I 'netflixed' books too.

Plus it's free!

message 4: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
i looked at it but i thought it was insanely expensive when there is a library down the road from most people that offers the same thing.

message 5: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) I do the same as Christi

message 6: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (travelswithboooks) | 20 comments I'm thinking about this too. I'm on the fence. I just got my library card so I'm set to go. I want to start borrowing from the library to save money and not buy so many books. But the two week limit and one week for new books is going to be hard for me. I like the concept of booksfree for the no limit, like Netflix (which I'm a member and LOVE it!). But is it worth the $10- 16 a month (depending on the plan you use)? I'm not sure yet.

Let me know if you've decided to use it!

message 7: by KyleeJ (new)

KyleeJ (kylees-journal) Hi. I just wanted to mention PaperBackSwap.com. It's free to sign up, all you pay is the shipping which for most books is under $2.50. You then get a credit to request a book from someone else. I've been a member for well over a year and I love it.

message 8: by Christi (new)

Christi | 5 comments Kristy wrote: "But the two week limit and one week for new books is going to be hard for me. "
can you renew your books online through your library's website?

or call them and renew over the phone? that's what I used to do in the days before the internet

maybe that will make the library more user-friendly for you?

message 9: by JSou (new)

JSou Hi...thanks for the paperbackswap.com info. I signed up today, and I'm already hooked! It's perfect for those books I know I'll never read again, yet can't seem to just get rid of. Thanks again!
Jessica

message 10: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
I love me some Paperbackswap.com

message 11: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (travelswithboooks) | 20 comments Christi: Yes I put a hold on two books this morning online and I can renew them online as well. I'm going to try the library first because it's free. Now my next decision will be can I read them before they're due? One of the books is new so I don't know if I'll be able to renew. I can as long as no one else is waiting for it.

message 12: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (travelswithboooks) | 20 comments Question about the paperbackswap.com What if you'd want your books back? If you sent one out can you request that the person send it back to you when they're done?

message 13: by KyleeJ (new)

KyleeJ (kylees-journal) No, you can't. Once someone else has the book, it's theirs.