Axis Mundi X discussion

Who's your favorite catwoman?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Julie Newmar, all the way. Whew. Smokin'.

message 2: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 30 comments i'm partial to michelle pfeiffer actually. i thought she was great as catwoman; beautiful, a little crazy, kind of sad. but i pretty much love her in everything she does.

as for halle, i've lost a lot of faith in her acting ability recently. sure, she can win oscars, but if you can't even do a freaking comic book movie, well that's just sad. first, there's catwoman (which i have seen, and which sucks. which is saying a lot coming from me, becuase i usually like everything). but she's also managed to ruin storm for me in the x-men movies (which, those movies were pretty bad anyway; they ruined rogue for me too and gambit is nowhere to be seen). i mean really. ANY actor worth their salt should be able to do a comic book movie well (ian mckellen for example). all they have to do is take the role as seriously as they would any other role. but she seems incapable of acting properly in anything not guaranteed to win her an oscar nod.

message 3: by Sarah (last edited Mar 27, 2008 10:49AM) (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Julie Newmar, for sure. Even though the old 60s Batman was kind of silly. Fun, but silly. (Remember the movie they made? And Batman is running around town with a bomb over his head, and he can't find anywhere safe to put it because there were school children and marching bands everywhere? And remember how everything was labeled? "Batcomputer." "Batpen." "Batpaper." "Batcoffee.")

message 4: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Michelle Pfeiffer. Julie Newmar was great, I just have the hots for Michelle P.!

message 5: by Rindis (new)

Rindis Aisha Clanclan.
http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptat...

Oh... you mean the character Catwoman, not a woman with cat attributes.

Um...
Adrienne Barbeau
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia...

For DC, if Alex Ross or Paul Dini aren't involved, I'm not interested.

message 6: by Kim (new)

Kim (kmdoubleday) I'm a Julie Newmar girl myself.

But Ann Margaret would have made a great catwoman

message 7: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) | 3620 comments Mod
Julie Newmar all the way!! Those hips! MEOW.