Bloggers' Book Club discussion

Suggestions for Future Months > Title Suggestions for April 2015

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by April (last edited Feb 11, 2015 07:13PM) (new)

April (aprilreadsabit) Leave your title suggestions for April 2015 on this post!

message 2: by Selah (new)

Selah (abibliophilesstyle) How about some classic fantasy? The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley.

message 3: by Stefani (new)

Stefani Sloma (stefanisloma) | 62 comments Mod
Selah wrote: "How about some classic fantasy? The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley."

I've never read that! Cool. We'll put it in the poll! :)

message 4: by Selah (last edited Feb 23, 2015 08:07AM) (new)

Selah (abibliophilesstyle) Stefani wrote: "Selah wrote: "How about some classic fantasy? The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley."

I've never read that! Cool. We'll put it in the poll! :)"

McKinley is one of my favorite authors - I've been wanting to re-read this one for a long time. It'd be even more fun to read it with friends. :)

message 5: by Shaina (new)

Shaina | 3 comments Selah wrote: "Stefani wrote: "Selah wrote: "How about some classic fantasy? The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley."

I've never read that! Cool. We'll put it in the poll! :)"

McKinley is one of my favorite authors -..."

Ooh, I actually have this one on my shelf! I'd be down. :)

message 6: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1 comments Frost Arch (The Fire Mage Trilogy, #1) by Kate Bloomfield I really want to do a reread of this book. :)

Cristian (The Bookish God) | 4 comments What about the Throne of Glass series? I'd read Crown of Midnight but we could have parallel discussions?
OH and Shadow and Bone? :D

message 8: by Stefani (new)

Emma wrote: "Frost Arch (The Fire Mage Trilogy, #1) by Kate Bloomfield I really want to do a reread of this book. :)"

I've never even heard of this one! Adding it to the poll!

message 9: by Stefani (new)

Cristian wrote: "What about the Throne of Glass series? I'd read Crown of Midnight but we could have parallel discussions?
OH and Shadow and Bone? :D"

Oooo! I haven't read Crown of Midnight yet, so I'd be down, but would love to discuss the first with everyone!

Also, SHADOW AND BONE! YES. I haven't read this one yet!

Cristina (Girl in the Pages) (girlinthepages) | 4 comments Stefani wrote: "Cristian wrote: "What about the Throne of Glass series? I'd read Crown of Midnight but we could have parallel discussions?

Oooo! I haven't read Crown of Midnight yet, ..."

I need to read Crown of Midnight too!

message 11: by Stefani (new)

Cristina (Girl in the Pages) wrote: "Stefani wrote: "Cristian wrote: "What about the Throne of Glass series? I'd read Crown of Midnight but we could have parallel discussions?

Oooo! I haven't read Crown o..."

I'll put it on the poll but if people haven't read Throne of Glass, maybe you, Cristian, and I can read it together! :)

message 12: by Maren (new)

Maren (pennma05) I'd like to add on Looking for Alaska by John Green, or if too many people have read that one already then Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson.

message 13: by Stefani (new)

Maren wrote: "I'd like to add on Looking for Alaska by John Green, or if too many people have read that one already then Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson."

I've read Looking for Alaska, but I'd be down to reread! I haven't read Mistborn, but I keep hearing awesome things! Adding both to the poll.

message 14: by Nika (new)

Nika (nacitana_ljama) I'd like to suggest Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver because I've been wanting to read that one for a while now, but I never got around to actualy do it, so this would be perfect time.

Cristian (The Bookish God) | 4 comments Stefani wrote: "Cristina (Girl in the Pages) wrote: "Stefani wrote: I'll put it on the poll but if people haven't read Throne of Glass, maybe you, Cristian, and I can read it together! :)"

I'd be so down for that! :D I'm excited to see which book is chosen :D

message 16: by Stefani (new)

Aria wrote: "I'd like to suggest Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver because I've been wanting to read that one for a while now, but I never got around to actualy do it, so this would be perfect time."

I'll add this to the poll, Aria! :)

message 17: by Stefani (new)

EVERYONE: Please try to get all of your suggestions in no later than March 11! I've set the poll to go live on Friday, March 13 and run until March 20. That will give everyone a week and a half to find the book before the April discussion will start! :)

Cristina (Girl in the Pages) (girlinthepages) | 4 comments Stefani wrote: "Cristina (Girl in the Pages) wrote: "Stefani wrote: "Cristian wrote: "What about the Throne of Glass series? I'd read Crown of Midnight but we could have parallel discussions?
OH and Shadow and Bo..."

That would be great too!

message 19: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (heyyitsashley_) I'd like to suggest Geek Love. I've had it on my TBR list for awhile now and never got around to it.

message 20: by Stefani (new)

Ashley wrote: "I'd like to suggest Geek Love. I've had it on my TBR list for awhile now and never got around to it."

Just checking - this Geek Love, right?

message 21: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (heyyitsashley_) Stefani wrote: "Ashley wrote: "I'd like to suggest Geek Love. I've had it on my TBR list for awhile now and never got around to it."

Just checking - this Geek Love, right?"

Yes, that's the one.

message 22: by Stefani (new)

Ashley wrote: "Stefani wrote: "Ashley wrote: "I'd like to suggest Geek Love. I've had it on my TBR list for awhile now and never got around to it."

Just checking - this Geek Love, right?"

Yes, that..."

Cool! Got it in the poll! :)

message 23: by Olivia (new)

Olivia McCloskey (brewingupbooks) I'd like to suggest The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. It's been on my TBR shelf for awhile!

message 24: by Stefani (new)

Olivia wrote: "I'd like to suggest The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. It's been on my TBR shelf for awhile!"

Oooo! Me too! It's going to be so hard to choose this month!

message 25: by Eden (new)

Eden Grey (edengrey) | 8 comments I would like to suggest 2, if possible?

The Printz winner: I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson

and the Morris award winner: Gabi, A Girl in Pieces by Isabel Quintero

message 26: by Stefani (new)

I've added everyone's choices to the poll! If you haven't given me a suggestion yet, please do so TODAY! Our poll will go live on Friday. :)