2017 Reading Challenge discussion

The 100 (The 100, #1)
This topic is about The 100

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Heather (heatherbowman) The 100 is my favorite show on TV right now so I've wanted to read the book series for awhile. I'm about halfway done with the book right now and ... there's not much resemblance to the show. It's good, and I'm really enjoying it, but it's not what I expected.

I think the show creators acted like really great editors. They found all of the missed opportunity for conflict and dynamic relationships and ratcheted up the action. That may still happen in the second half of the book, of course.

Natália Lopes (silkcaramel) This is my book for this category as well! I love the TV show and since I found out there was a book, I've been planning to read it. It's going to be the next one I'll tackle for the challange, right after I finish the one I'm reading now.

Heather (heatherbowman) I'll be interested to hear what you think about it. I'm enjoying it and plan to read the rest of the series.

message 4: by Natália (last edited Jul 29, 2015 08:10PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Natália Lopes (silkcaramel) I finally finished it, after stalling a little to start. I did liked it, although not as much as the tv series, because it was more of a romance than an actual fiction book, and the relationship and characters felt poorly developed. Also, the plot dragged a lot until almost the end of the book, seemingly to leave something to the other two books. But it was an entertaining and quick read, so I will continue with the series. I gave it 3 stars.

I'll be reading "Day 21" for my book with number on the title category.