Happily Ever After Cafe discussion

Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart (Love By Numbers, #3)
Group Challenges and Buddy Reads > Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart (Love By Numbers #3) by Sarah MacLean {Start Date: February 11, 2015]

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (last edited Feb 02, 2015 12:45AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments
Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart Love by the Numbers #3, by Sarah MacLean

There is no telling where a scandal might lead...

She lives for passion.

Bold, impulsive, and a magnet for trouble, Juliana Fiori is no simpering English miss. She refuses to play by society’s rules: she speaks her mind, cares nothing for the approval of the ton, and can throw a punch with remarkable accuracy. Her scandalous nature makes her a favorite subject of London’s most practiced gossips…and precisely the kind of woman the Duke of Leighton wants far far away from him.

He swears by reputation.

Scandal is the last thing Simon Pearson has room for in his well-ordered world. The Duke of Disdain is too focused on keeping his title untainted and his secrets unknown. But when he discovers Juliana hiding in his carriage late one evening–risking everything he holds dear–he swears to teach the reckless beauty a lesson in propriety.

She has other plans, however; she wants two weeks to prove that even an unflappable duke is not above passion.

❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿

We are planning a “Buddy Read” in February. Please join us.

We hope to eventually do the whole series.

message 2: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (last edited Feb 14, 2015 09:31PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments
Chapter Breakdown

Date Chapters PPDQs*
February 12 Chp.01-08 Lisa (Aussie Girl)
February 14 Chp.09-15 Lisa Kay
February 15 Chp.16-Epilogue Lisa Kay

message 3: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Let's talk dates.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 13013 comments Anytime after this week for me.

message 5: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Hmmm... This week is good for me, too. Although, I don't know if it would ruin the book for me to read it too close to the other.

Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover (thefabulousbooklover) | 254 comments I don't mind doing a re-read, I love this book, but I won't be able to start till next week. So if it's next week I'm in!

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 13013 comments I'm ready to start this. Anyone else?

Lisa Kay I can do the first lot of questions or we can do a more relaxed buddy read?

message 8: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Okay, Lisa. I'll do the second set of DQs. How many days are we going to take to read this one?

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 13013 comments It will probably take me 3-5 days but over a week may give other readers more time.

I'll post questions for Chapters 1-8 over the next 24-36 hours.

Silvia | 569 comments I just bought this book and will start reading tomorrow evening so I'm in!

message 11: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Great, Lisa and Silvia. I've only read the first chapter. Real Life is kicking my butt.

Anjali (anjali6678) | 13 comments I'm in

Silvia | 569 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Great, Lisa and Silvia. I've only read the first chapter. Real Life is kicking my butt."

I'm good for a leisurely read Lisa Kay! I'm just starting the 3rd chapter! ; )

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 13013 comments DISCUSSION QUESTIONS CHAPTERS 1-8

1. We've seen a lot of Juliana and Leighton as secondary characters in the preceding books. What is your opinion of their personalities before this book begins and the overall theme of "opposites attract"?

2. Lady Penelope seems on the surface to be the perfect aristocratic wife for Leighton. Juliana nicknames her "The Grape" just waiting to be picked by some English Lord. Is this a correct or unkind observation do you think?

3. What do you think of "The Wager" and how do you expect for events to play out?

4. Ralston and Juliana have a lovely sibling relationship emerging and their talk about marriage confirms this. Even Ralston has softened once he has found love. But will love run smooth for Leighton and Juliana? What problems do you imagine will crop up before they find their way to true love?

message 15: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Thanks for the first set of DQs, Lisa. I'll try and get back to this one. Unfortunately, I can't get Scribe audio on my iPod (yes, I know it works on the Apple phones, but I don't have one). When I try and load it to my Kindle Fire, on which they say it will work, the little time wheel just keeps spinning. So, I can only listen when I'm at the computer.

message 16: by Silvia (last edited Feb 13, 2015 05:18PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Silvia | 569 comments DISCUSSION QUESTIONS CHAPTERS 1-8

1. We've seen a lot of Juliana and Leighton as secondary characters in the preceding books. What is your opinion of their personalities before this book begins and the overall theme of "opposites attract"?

Leighton is very strait laced and proper, his family's name and his title are all important. Juliana is an open book, she says what's on her mind, doesn't follow the rules of the ton very well. The two are complete opposite. Makes for a great story!

2. Lady Penelope seems on the surface to be the perfect aristocratic wife for Leighton. Juliana nicknames her "The Grape" just waiting to be picked by some English Lord. Is this a correct or unkind observation do you think?

I think it's unkind, she doesn't really know Penelope. Penelope is just following the rules of the ton, she doesn't know any other life style. Although I have a sneaky suspicion Penelope may be in love with someone, other than the Duke.

3. What do you think of "The Wager" and how do you expect for events to play out?

I think Simon will lose the wager. He already has lost as far as I'm concerned. He's given into passion/heat several times already!

4. Ralston and Juliana have a lovely sibling relationship emerging and their talk about marriage confirms this. Even Ralston has softened once he has found love. But will love run smooth for Leighton and Juliana? What problems do you imagine will crop up before they find their way to true love?

No, love will definitely not run smoothly. The gossipers of the ton, the Duke's cold hearted mother, Juliana's scandalous mother, and most recently, Ralston warning the Duke to stay away from his sister. These are all obstacles. Not to mention, the Duke has to have a change of ways, you know, loosen up! There'll be an HEA but the road will be bumpy getting there!

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 13013 comments Silvia -

2. Yes, I agree. Although it is quite an astute observation in some ways, we really only get a superficial glimpse of Penelope's character. I also got the feeling that she may have been in love with someone else and maybe that somebody was unsuitable by the ton's standards.

4. Exactly. There are so many obstacles, the biggest being Simon's expectations for himself and everyone around him. Juliana is just the right person to get inside that very proper heart. He has feelings, he's just buried them for what he sees are the rules and regulations of his station in life.

message 18: by June (last edited Feb 13, 2015 06:55PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

June (ladyjune) | 630 comments Hola ladies, I'm back. Seems I missed a lot. Annyway now on to DQs....

June's answers to Lisa's DQs for Ch.1 - 8

1. I read this book a couple of times so this is not my first impressions of these two. For Juliana, I think she's afraid of love/marriage because the way her mother desert her. As for Leighton, he's aloof but i don't think he's as stuck up as he pretend to be. He seems to be lonely and burdened by his title and duty.
They're great pairing. Juliana could bring more fun to Leighton's dull life and he add more stability to hers :)

2. she probably jealous of Penelope, not just because Leighton "chose" her but because Penelope represent everything that Juliana wasn't, a perfect English lady.
Penelope actually really great character, like Callie, look dull from outside but rakish on the inside, LoL.

3. Well, in the end they both will win :D

4. The biggest obstacle of all, they're both stubborn and wouldn't admit to lose their heart, but it definitely make an interesting journey.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 13013 comments Good to see you back June.

2. Yes, I think secretly and although she wouldn't admit it, Juliana is a little envious of Penelope and her seemingly easy life within society. Maybe the "blooming" of Penelope would be a subject for a later book?

message 20: by June (last edited Feb 13, 2015 07:41PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

June (ladyjune) | 630 comments Lisa - (Aussie Girl) wrote: "Good to see you back June.

2. Yes, I think secretly and although she wouldn't admit it, Juliana is a little envious of Penelope and her seemingly easy life within society. Maybe the "blooming" of ..."

Yes. So will we continue with the spin off?
This is Penelope's book A Rogue by Any Other Name (The Rules of Scoundrels, #1) by Sarah MacLean
and she's nothing like grape on that book :D

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 13013 comments Oh June, I didn't know that. I'm glad that we are going to see another side of her.

Yes, I'd like to continue on with this series at one a month like we've being doing, if it is okay with Lisa Kay.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) I didn't know that either. I actually have that book, June. Great.

DISCUSSION QUESTIONS CHAPTERS 1-8

1. We've seen a lot of Juliana and Leighton as secondary characters in the preceding books. What is your opinion of their personalities before this book begins and the overall theme of "opposites attract"? Before this book, Leighton was so straight laced and is consumed with his reputation and not doing anything that will tarnish it. This is why he is so consumed with trying to hide his sister's situation. Juliana is about as opposite as one can be. She lives life not worried about what others think. She just enjoys herself.

2. Lady Penelope seems on the surface to be the perfect aristocratic wife for Leighton. Juliana nicknames her "The Grape" just waiting to be picked by some English Lord. Is this a correct or unkind observation do you think?I think this may be a bit unkind as Juliana at this point doesn't really know Penelope. I think she'd be jealous of anyone that will be with Leighton.

3. What do you think of "The Wager" and how do you expect for events to play out?I think The Wager is going to have disastrous results. Juliana is going to get herself in so much trouble and continue to frustrate Leighton

4. Ralston and Juliana have a lovely sibling relationship emerging and their talk about marriage confirms this. Even Ralston has softened once he has found love. But will love run smooth for Leighton and Juliana? What problems do you imagine will crop up before they find their way to true love? Their biggest problem will be that Juliana does not care what everyone thinks of her and Leighton is concerned with every little situation and how it impacts his rep.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 13013 comments Karen -

"She lives life not worried about what others think. She just enjoys herself."

I half agree with you here, Karen. Yes, she doesn't understand all the supposed "rules" of the English aristocracy and does live life on her own terms but I think she does secretly worry about seeming to be judged like her mother. In her heart she feels "inferior" to Leighton and not good enough in some people's eyes to be his wife. Also, as discussed I think her comparison of Penelope as a 'grape' although quite witty is also a little bit of envy and her wish to fit in on some level.

message 24: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments @ Silvia

#2 – I’m thinking you’re right about Penelope’s interest being elsewhere. She may not be the perfect grape after all.

#3 – That he has!!

#4 – Yes, lots of obstacles for these two.

message 25: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments @ June

#1 – I think you’re right about these two.

#2 – Again, you’re right. She’s jealous.

#4 – Yes, for being opposites, they’re both quite stubborn.

Post #20 – Oh! I didn’t know that was her book. Interesting.

message 26: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Lisa - (Aussie Girl) wrote: "Yes, I'd like to continue on with this series at one a month like we've being doing, if it is okay with Lisa Kay."

Fine with me. I'll be pretty busy with moving, but I'll set up the threads. You want to start in March?

message 27: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments @ Karen ♐

#3 – Really? Hmmm… I hadn’t thought of it having disastrous results.

#4 – Good point.

message 28: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Lisa (Aussie Girl)’s Discussion Questions for Chapters 1 – 8

As others have said it so well, I’ll be brief. I do think that Leighton is much more passionate than he came across in the previous books. Juliana certainly brings it to the forefront, much to my delight. I see Juliana is much more venerable about her background than I realized, putting on a brave front, but being very hurt – and resigned to her fate than I expected.

I thought the moniker was clever, if cruel and born of jealousy.

I think it is going to cause these two to push each others’ buttons.

I’m enjoying seeing Ralston and Callie. Nope, Leighton and Juliana have a long row to hoe before their HEAC. I’m not sure, but Leighton’s mother is sure a cold, hard witch, isn’t she? She might be the one to stick her nose in it all.

message 29: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Sorry, I was down with a migraine most of the day yesterday and just finished reading the first section. I'll try and catch up today.

message 30: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments I'll do DQs for Chapters 9 - 15; how's that?

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 13013 comments Good one, LK. Migraines are a bit**. Hope you are feeling better.

Yes, March would be good for A Rogue by Any Other Name (The Rules of Scoundrels, #1) by Sarah MacLean . If you are too busy maybe we could do a more relaxed buddy read without questions? Up to you.

message 32: by June (new) - rated it 4 stars

June (ladyjune) | 630 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Sorry, I was down with a migraine most of the day yesterday and just finished reading the first section. I'll try and catch up today."

Awww feel better Lisa Kay *hug*

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) Lisa - (Aussie Girl) wrote: "Karen -

"She lives life not worried about what others think. She just enjoys herself."

I half agree with you here, Karen. Yes, she doesn't understand all the supposed "rules" of the English aris..."

Yes, I agree, Lisa. I should have qualified that with "on the outside" she doesn't care what people think. But, yes, she still feels she is inferior to Leighton.

message 34: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (last edited Feb 14, 2015 07:40PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Lisa Kay’s Discussion Questions for Chapters 9 – 15

5. Eep! Juliana’s mother, Louisa, shows up! What in the world does she want? Just money? I don’t know; if you remarry, do you lose your title or not? How could she think she could slip back into her old life?

6. Oh! What did you think of that first “proposal”? Did you know Juliana would refuse?

7. Do you think Julian’s brother, Ralston, will ever forgive Leighton? Will they become friends or just tolerate one another?

8. What did you think of the interaction with “The Grape”? Will Juliana’s words have more of an effect on Penelope than Juliana realizes?

9. I had to laugh over why Leighton learned Italian. LOL! I guess they didn’t have as many books translated back then.

10. Comments on the love scene in Chapter 12? And the location?! Was that in bad taste?

11. Man-oh-man! The mothers in the book take the cake. Were you surprised that Leighton “kicked” his mother to the curb?

12. BOOK QUOTE:
“Some things are more powerful than scandal, Simon.” Georgiana had her baby! Almost a Big Misunderstanding there, but it was cleared up soon enough. BTW, I liked Juliana and Georgiana’s conversation. Comments on any of these?

message 35: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (last edited Feb 14, 2015 09:31PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Does someone what to do the last set of DQs? Never mind, I did them.

message 36: by Anjali (last edited Feb 14, 2015 09:00PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Anjali (anjali6678) | 13 comments Lisa Kay’s Discussion Questions for Chapters 9 – 15

5. Eep! Juliana’s mother, Louisa, shows up! What in the world does she want? Just money? I don’t know; if you remarry, do you lose your title or not? How could she think she could slip back into her old life?
Money, yes and security of lavish living . Juliana’s mother, Louisa never cared about anything in her life not for her own children or for the scandal she was causing because of her disreputable and dishonorable and selfish behavior . I think your right she should lose her title cause she remarried. Self-serving people do not think about consequences , Louisa is behaving as she is supposed to .

6. Oh! What did you think of that first “proposal”? Did you know Juliana would refuse?
Lame. Yes,Juliana refused cause she wanted a marriage based on love and passion and respect not just cause its an honorable thing to do

7. Do you think Julian’s brother, Ralston, will ever forgive Leighton? Will they become friends or just tolerate one another?
Yes. Ralston and Simon were never friends they just tolerate each other and I think they will continue to be same .

8. What did you think of the interaction with “The Grape”? Will Juliana’s words have more of an effect on Penelope than Juliana realizes?
Interaction between Penelope and Juliana shows us the stark difference of opinions between them. Yes I think Juliana will have some effect on Penelope .

9. I had to laugh over why Leighton learned Italian. LOL! I guess they didn’t have as many books translated back then.
May be. But I think if you want to enjoy Dante's poetry may be Italian is necessary.

10. Comments on the love scene in Chapter 12? And the location?! Was that in bad taste?
Hot... dark room piano bench is good but Penelope house is a bad idea and pretty bad taste on Simon's part .

11. Man-oh-man! The mothers in the book take the cake. Were you surprised that Leighton “kicked” his mother to the curb?
No , she had pressured Simon from his childhood onwards ,so I would say about time he reacted .

12. BOOK QUOTE: “Some things are more powerful than scandal, Simon.” Georgiana had her baby! Almost a Big Misunderstanding there, but it was cleared up soon enough. BTW, I liked Juliana and Georgiana’s conversation. Comments on any of these?
“It is an old tale, tiresome and devastatingly trite. I thought he loved me, and maybe he did. But sometimes love is not enough—more often than not, I think.” I agree with this statement , love is not enough. We need understanding and respect also.

message 37: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments @ Anjali

#5 - Well stated.

#7 - I think you're right.

#8 - I think her words sunk in.

#9 - Yes, things are often lost in the translation.

#10 - Definitely!

#13 - Great quote.

message 38: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (last edited Feb 15, 2015 08:43AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Lisa Kay’s Discussion Questions for Chapters 16 – Epilogue

13. What did you think of Leighton and Juliana’s “one night” idea? Juliana regrets her wager. She seems so terribly sad then, yet she declares her love. And flees. Comments.

14. Were you surprised that Juliana went to Leighton’s room? That she offered to be his mistress after they made love? That he insisted upon marriage? Or was the bigger surprise that she left Townsend Park?

15. I did chuckle over Nick NOT giving Simon permission to court Juliana. LOL! You?

16. Simon finally realizes he loves Juliana! Finally. And he finally apologized to his sister, too. Good for him. Was it enough? Or did you want him to grovel more?

17. Well, I wasn’t expecting that as an engagement gift! Good for Georgiana! Were you surprised? What did you think?

18. What did you think of Julian’s rejection of Simon at the Northumberland House ball?

19. I must admit, I did like that bit about the carriage at the end. LOL! You?

20. Did you enjoy the epilogue? What did you rate the book? Will you read more by this author?

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 13013 comments Lisa Kay’s Discussion Questions for Chapters 9 – 15

Louisa is a truly awful person, I've read to the end and there is no redeeming quality about her except perhaps that she is honest about her selfish intentions. I was thinking at some point she would apologise or try and justify her appalling behaviour but no. She is as she appears.

Yes, because at this point it's all about duty for Simon and Juliana wants something much more from him. Simon really is on a journey that is just starting to realise what is really important in life. And it isn't one's social position even though it was a lot more important in the circles he moved in than perhaps in today's society.

I see down the years their relationship moving from tolerance to fond brothers in law. But it will take time and water under the bridge.

We really only get a one sided view of Penelope in this book - I think she is a lot more perceptive and well rounded than Juliana realises but at this point she is woman of her time really under the influence of her father.

I think the author included this to give us a further insight into his perfectionist character. And how far he has to change to be a suitable match for Juliana.

I think the fact that it was in Penelope's house and is out of character for Simon shows how much Juliana is becoming to mean to him. Her education in passion is bearing fruit, so to speak, LOL

message 40: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments @ Lisa (Aussie Girl)

#5 - You called it; that is her only redeeming quality.

#6 - True. At the point int he story he hadn't gotten it yet.

#7 - It might take a decade or three. LOL!

#9 - Good point.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 13013 comments 11. Man-oh-man! The mothers in the book take the cake. Were you surprised that Leighton “kicked” his mother to the curb?
No , she had pressured Simon from his childhood onwards ,so I would say about time he reacted .

The mothers are pretty awful in this book - Louisa selfish and only concerned with herself and Simon's mother cold and intolerant. In a funny way, Simon and Juliana have this in common.

12. BOOK QUOTE: “Some things are more powerful than scandal, Simon.” Georgiana had her baby! Almost a Big Misunderstanding there, but it was cleared up soon enough. BTW, I liked Juliana and Georgiana’s conversation. Comments on any of these?
“It is an old tale, tiresome and devastatingly trite. I thought he loved me, and maybe he did. But sometimes love is not enough—more often than not, I think.” I agree with this statement , love is not enough. We need understanding and respect also.

Yes, I bet there a million relationships where other things got in the way of a couple's love. Unfortunately real life doesn't happen in a bubble. And there a lot of equally important things which add to a successful relationship as well as love. I've read about arranged marriages where because of the same cultural expectation of the couple they are very happy and fulfilling.

message 42: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments @ Lisa (Aussie Girl)

#11 - They do have that in common! In spades.

message 43: by Anjali (last edited Feb 15, 2015 03:23AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Anjali (anjali6678) | 13 comments Lisa Kay’s Discussion Questions for Chapters 16 – Epilogue

13. What did you think of Leighton and Juliana’s “one night” idea? Juliana regrets her wager. She seems so terribly sad then, yet she declares her love. And flees. Comments.
Actually one evening when Leighton is just “Mr. Simon Pearson .“Simplicity. Ease. Peace.” I think its was a great idea, how the author made Leighton step out of his responsibilities and his usual character ,to be just be a man who is in love with a woman. “Because instead of your discovering that passion is everything, I discovered that passion is nothing without love.”Juliana doesn't flee after announcing she loves Simon but after he say “The evening is over.” in other words Juliana thinks Leighton doesn't want her, she is hurt by him because she has offered herself and her love to this man and he has rejected it.

14. Were you surprised that Juliana went to Leighton’s room? That she offered to be his mistress after they made love? That he insisted upon marriage? Or was the bigger surprise that she left Townsend Park?
No I was not surprised that Juliana went to Leighton’s room . Juliana wanted desperately this one night ,she knew she will never have Simon in her life after he returns to London and gets married She wanted him for herself even if was just for one night.Leighton was gentleman and rule follower he insisted on marriage because of honor as he had compromised her, no surprise there at all , he had already done it before at the stable in London. No. Juliana wanted Simon to marry her out of love, out of respect ,out of admiration not because "this is the way things are done" or call of duty or honor.Juliana left Townsend Park because she didn't want to be Simons scandal.

15. I did chuckle over Nick NOT giving Simon permission to court Juliana. LOL! You?
Yes .

16. Simon finally realizes he loves Juliana! Finally. And he finally apologized to his sister, too. Good for him. What it enough? Or did you want him to grovel more?
Yes . No I did not want him to grovel more, if he does its out of his character

17. Well, I wasn’t expecting that as an engagement gift! Good for Georgiana! Wher you surprised? What did you think?
Surprised Yes . But not too much . The announcement was her way of giving Simon an out of his responsibilities and his duty towards her.

18. What did you think of Julian’s rejection of Simon at the Northumberland House ball?
Yes .But I think Simon deserved it .

Yes . Definitely

20. Did you enjoy the epilogue? What did you rate the book? Will you read more by this author?
Yes . I have given 2 stars.I really don't know weather I will go willingly for historical romances , I am much of a erotica kind of girl rather than historical contemporary type .But I can read anything I just love to read. This author is really good her writing is also good , the book doesn't slacken or get boring , but as a personal choice I liked Nicholas and Lady Isabel's romance better than of Simons and Juliana

message 44: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (last edited Feb 15, 2015 08:43AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments @ Anjali

#13 – Very true about when she flees. Alas, he is no longer just Mr. Pearson then.

#16 – True!

#17 – It worked, too!

#20 – Glad you enjoyed it.

message 45: by June (new) - rated it 4 stars

June (ladyjune) | 630 comments 5. She's classic narsistic.

7. Ralston/Leighton interactions througout this series was one of my favorite part, I just love their sarcastic talk :D

8. He, if Juliana knew what Penelope writes on her letters in later book, J wouldn't dare to call her grape :)

9. Well, not completely the same reason, but I did attemp to learn Japanese so I could understand my fav Japanese comic, and also Spanish for Latin soap opera, dont judge, LoL

17. Unfortunately the gift also mean scandal for Penelope.
Luckily we got to see Penelope's story next :)

20. I give it four happy stars. Its really fun and I love Leighton and Juliana, but my favorite remain Callie and Ralston's :)

message 46: by June (new) - rated it 4 stars

June (ladyjune) | 630 comments What do you ladies think of Georgiana? Do you think she deserves her own book with her own dashing hero?

message 47: by Silvia (last edited Feb 15, 2015 02:27PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Silvia | 569 comments Lisa Kay’s Discussion Questions for Chapters 9 – 15

Money! That's all she cares about! Not sure if she would lose her title but even if she did, it doesn't do her any good, she'll never be accepted. I don't think she wants to be accepted, she just wants money!

I had a feeling she would refuse because he didn't propose the right way, he made it sound like it was an obligation instead of for love! Good for her!

I think Ralston will forgive Leighton because of Juliana. He loves his sister. I think they'll become one big happy family, of misfits! LOL!

I think it gave something for her, the Grape, to think about. Yes, definitely something to ponder!

it goes with his character, Leighton the perfectionist! He can't do something just for the enjoyment, LOL!

Leighton was definitely carried away with passion to do that at his future bride's house! It was in bad taste but it was exciting!

Not surprised at all! They weren't close and his thoughts toward her were not very loving.

Love isn't enough! Respect and common interests need to be added into the equation. I can see Georgiana and Juliana becoming fast friends!

Silvia | 569 comments Lisa Kay’s Discussion Questions for Chapters 16 – Epilogue

I don't think I would be able to do that but Juliana loved Leighton so passionately that for her one night was better than a life of wondering "what if". Also Leighton let his guard down, he wasn't the duke, he was Simon. She fled when he told her it was over, which sounded so abrupt! I don't blame her for that!

Not surprised at all. I was surprised about her suggestion, I thought she was the all or nothing type of woman! I was surprised at his proposal, especially since the Grape was still in the picture! No, I wasn't surprised Juliana fled, I expected her to go back to Italy with Leighton in hot pursuit!

That was a good one! Nick was quite the big brother!

16. Simon finally realizes he loves Juliana! Finally. And he finally apologized to his sister, too. Good for him. Was it enough? Or did you want him to grovel more?

I think he groveled enough! No use kicking someone while they're down! No matter how tempting it might be!

17. Well, I wasn’t expecting that as an engagement gift! Good for Georgiana! Were you surprised? What did you think?

Completely surprised! Didn't see it coming at all! I thought Leighton would talk with the Grape first and tell her of his feelings for Juliana and the Grape would let him out of the engagement!

I was surprised, Simon was being rejected by everyone!

Yes, that was a good one! LOL!

I loved this series! I give 4.5 stars! I usually read contempory love stories but these historical romances give me a break from some of the darker erotica! These epilogues in the series make me happy, I love love love them! Thanks for choosing this series! ; )

message 49: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments @ June

#5 – That she surely is!!

#7 – Yeah, pretty funny.

#8 – Really? Interesting.

#9 – Good for you, June!

June wrote: "What do you ladies think of Georgiana? Do you think she deserves her own book with her own dashing hero?"
Yes! And I’m glad we get it, too.

message 50: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (last edited Feb 15, 2015 02:49PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments @ Silvia

#5 – Yeah, that’s her primary motivation. Only one, really.

#7 – LOL!

#9 – Oh, good point. Not at that point in his life, anyway.

#13 – Oh, I don’t blame her for running – at all!

#14 – Yes, I expected her to go to Italy, too.

#17 – Ditto.

#18 – Yes, in every corner of London.

#20 – Glad you’re liking them!

« previous 1