Beyond Reality discussion

Gardens of the Moon (Malazan Book of the Fallen, #1)
This topic is about Gardens of the Moon
SERIES—List & Discussions > Malazan Book of the Fallen--3/8--Gardens of the Moon: Book 7 & Epilogue

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kathi | 3103 comments Mod
SPOILERS only through Book 7 The Fête and the Epilogue.

Helen Really exciting. I went right through to the end, couldn't stop. Luckily it's the half term break as I finished 1am.

Maggie K | 298 comments Many Many things happened at that fete!

Helen Including the eating!

message 5: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (last edited Feb 21, 2015 09:36AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kathi | 3103 comments Mod
Yikes, this last section was packed!!

So, the appearance of the Azath took me completely by surprise and there was very little explanation. Probably more to come in later books, I hope.

Lorn meets her demise. The Jaghut Tyrant appears to be defeated. The demon Galayne is defeated. Rake and the other Tiste Andii are dragons. Some of the Cabal are killed but the witch and Baruk survive. Rallick and Vorcan take refuge in the Azath "house". The Eel is revealed. And lots more! Whew!

I'm still trying to sort it out.

Helen The five Tiste Andii mages are shapeshifters, hence become dragons. At least from cribbing at the back of the book, that's my understanding. Hadn't we met the woman in 'human' form?

Maggie K | 298 comments SOme of the Tiste are a special kind of shapeshifter called Eleint that shift into dragons. Important for just future reference...lol. Yes we met Korlat before

Azath houses are so cool!
some people are really dead and some people are Malazan dead and some people have injuries that will prove fatal later!

It was weird to me about them not figuring out about the gas until the last minute, but I suppose they wouldn't be as familiar with gas, so....

Helen That's funny, it didn't occur to me at all. Duh!

Antonis (antonakis) | 43 comments Now that was a hell of a party that woman was throwing!