Beyond Reality discussion

Gardens of the Moon (Malazan Book of the Fallen, #1)
This topic is about Gardens of the Moon
SERIES—List & Discussions > Malazan Book of the Fallen--3/1--Gardens of the Moon: Books 5 & 6

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kathi | 3153 comments Mod
SPOILERS only through Book 5 The Gadrobi Hills and Book 6 The City of Blue Fire.

Helen Oh my goodness!!

Helen Ok, just finished book 6. A sub -plot is revealed, groups are potentially merging. Was that a prophesy from Apsalar? Mallet send to have magical powers, is that unique to him or all healers? Reading on..

Maggie K | 298 comments hehehe-I think Helen is now hooked :)

Helen I really am. I was supposed to be planning science for the coming half term today, researching the maths!

Maggie K | 298 comments well, there is a science to being a sapper.

Helen That could be lesson one...

message 8: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kathi | 3153 comments Mod
Several surprises in this part of the book, and yes, some groups seem to be coming together.

Happy to see that Hairlock seems to be destroyed. Interested to see who/what Tattersail becomes as she matures among the Rhivi. And still plenty confused about things because every plot development that helps resolve an issue seems to spin off new issues to confound and intrigue me.

Teanka Kathi wrote: "... every plot development that helps resolve an issue seems to spin off new issues to confound and intrigue me. "

Which is quite a good thing IMO, since this novel constitutes but a starting point for the 10 novel series. We won't get bored quickly :)

Helen Yes, I agree. Didn't like the puppet at all. Creepy idea.

Justine (justinejustine) | 563 comments I agree too. Down with creepy puppets. He didn't seem all there to begin with, and obviously being a puppet didn't help.

message 12: by Tani (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tani | 132 comments It's definitely getting hard to put down at this point! Things are really coming to a head, with lots of plot lines crossing and the disparate characters meeting up and interacting in unexpected ways. These are always some of my favorite parts of a book, so I'm very excited to keep reading!