Buddy Read with Elisabeth Paige discussion

Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)
This topic is about Shatter Me
[February 2015] > {Shatter Me} Chapters 39 - END

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Elisabeth (fromelisabeth) | 88 comments Mod
Let's discuss!! Spoilers are welcome here :)

Aimal (The Devils We Find) (aimalfarooq) Okay, so Idk. I was super disappointed with this- mainly because my expectations were so high, and that never really works out too well. I didn't like Warner; I thought he was awful. I thought Juliette was angsty. I thought Adam was just a prop.

The writing was kinda fantastic at first, but as the metaphors grew weirder and weirder, it started bugging me. It felt forced. Which sucks, because I was loving the first few chapters, and I genuinely thought I would love this book. :(

Bella (Bookishbells) (bellset) | 3 comments I loved this book! Her writing style blew me away, it was just so beautiful. I didn't have a problem at all with the strike-thoughts, instead I thought the brought a nice element to the story. I thought the plot was interesting and the characters were great. I'd love me some Warner, I know he's kind of an awful person but he reminds me so much of The Darkling from The Grisha trilogy, whom I can't help but love! Idk there's just something about him. As for Adam I haven't really decided whether I like him or not, I just think he seems a bit TOO perfect.
But yeah! I loved the book, and I'm really excited to be continuing with the rest of the trilogy!

Ronan I finished the book last night and loved it. The writing style is different then anything else I have read recently. The strike thoughts were my favorite part I believe. It helped give you more insight to Juliette and what she is thinking about or feeling. I did feel like Juliette could have been stronger though out the book but at the end she did show her true colors. I wanted to hate Warner so much, but there was just something about him that I feel drawn too. I needed to know more about him, learn more about his past and how he became so powerful at such a young age. I'm still unsure about how I feel about Adam. Though I don't think he is an asshole anymore, there is still something about him I can't figure out. He seems almost to perfect and his whole backstory does as well.
I like the idea about Omega Point, but there is something very fishy about it. Though they seem to be protecting people like Juliette, I think there is something so much more there. Like they want to use them like Warner was. I hope more things unfold in the next book.
So overall I did love this book, but I felt like it had some downfalls and open ends that need to be tied up. So I gave it a 4/5 stars.

Bella wrote: "I loved this book! Her writing style blew me away, it was just so beautiful. I didn't have a problem at all with the strike-thoughts, instead I thought the brought a nice element to the story. I th..."
I totally thought of the Darkling too! Warner's intelligence and the way he manipulates people with such ease is just awesome! I love it lol
Also completely agree with your view on Adam. He just seems kind of fake to me and I don't know why.

Can we just?
I loved this book! I hate that it took me so long to read it and that I was so skeptical of it.
The writing is absolutely gorgeous! I loved how poetic Tahereh's style is and the strike throughs really set her apart.
Warner's character is just genius. I love him already, but I can't really see him and Juliette as a thing. He's just a bit too out of touch with reality. I'm dying to know more out his backstory and what happened to his mother.
Also can I just say that Warner totally deserved to be shot. I mean come on man, really!
The Omega Point aspect is very interesting. It reminds me a lot of X-men. When Castle showed up, he totally reminded me of Professor X meets Magneto. Though, the whole purple superhero jumpsuit thing was kind of cheesy.
Adam was nice ... but that was really all. His character was relatively uninteresting to me -- maybe this was due to how dynamic Warner's character was in contrast.
Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I might actually start the second one right now.

message 7: by Kathryn (new) - added it

Kathryn  (kathrynelise8) | 8 comments This took me so long to finish and I really don't know why. I definitely enjoyed it but I don't think it was as good as all the hype suggests. The amount of metaphors got pretty irritating for awhile there but besides that I didn't have many issues. I really want to learn more about Warner! He's so interesting. He did definitely deserve to be shot though. Good for Juliette in that part. I'm also really loving Kenji! He's pretty awesome. Adam however is not my favorite. I'm not a huge fan of their relationship considering even though they went to the same school together and watched each other they don't really know each other and is there love just seems a little rushed to me. All in all I did enjoy this book it just wasn't my absolute favorite, I am however excited to continue on with the series.

Kat wrote: "This took me so long to finish and I really don't know why. I definitely enjoyed it but I don't think it was as good as all the hype suggests. The amount of metaphors got pretty irritating for awhi..."

You should definitely check out Destroy Me!! It's from Warner's point of view and soooooooooo intriguing :)

Hayley | 5 comments In case anyone is curious, this is my review of Shatter Me :) youtu.be/xzpgEwQfVh0

Foong (foong71) | 2 comments definitely checkout Destroy me!! Hope Warner is not that bad!