YouTube Anime/Manga Reviewers discussion

Anime Discussion > Emma Discussion

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natalie (last edited Feb 01, 2015 09:03PM) (new)

Natalie | 226 comments Mod
Since we are taking an extra week to vote for the tie-breaker. The anime we will be watching is Emma. We will be discussing the anime Emma here in this thread. The link to the anime can be found below.
http://www.hulu.com/emma-a-victorian-...

In 19th-century London, class lines are sharply drawn, and the social standing to which people are born dictates the path their lives will follow. Emma, an honest and hardworking young maid, never felt her place in life to be a burden. But then she met William, a member of the gentry and the eldest son of a wealthy family. His warm smile and earnest affection threaten to capture her heart... but can love truly conquer all?

message 2: by Natalie (new)

Funny thing about this anime is that my mother was watching it before me. It was a British romance and my mother is obsessed with Jane Austin so naturally, she picked this up. At first, I was a little skeptical about the anime but I found that it was good. It's not the best and it does have its cliches but it was enjoyable and I really liked seeing an anime that was just a nice romance. Even though the insta-love kind of pissed me off. Can't we just have characters get to know each other first before they begin to fall in love?

message 3: by OkatuFanBoy (new)

OkatuFanBoy | 13 comments Does the anime follow the manga like most anime?

message 4: by Natalie (new)

I'm not sure. I watched the anime but I haven't read the manga.