YouTube Anime/Manga Reviewers discussion

Emma, Vol. 01
This topic is about Emma, Vol. 01
Manga Discussion > Emma Discussion

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natalie (new) - added it

Natalie | 226 comments Mod
In this thread we will discuss the manga Emma. You can read the manga online from this link here.
http://www.mangahere.co/manga/emma/

In Victorian-era England, a young girl is rescued from a life of destitution and raised to become a proper British maid. Emma meets William, the eldest son of a wealthy family, and immediately falls in love with him. William shares her feelings, but the strict rules of their society prevent their relationship from ever coming out in the open. Traditional class distinctions and rich, historical details provide the backdrop for this appealing romance.

message 2: by OkatuFanBoy (new)

OkatuFanBoy | 13 comments This is an interesting genre for me because it reminds me of works like some of the books Jane Austen wrote. I guess since it's from the Victorian-era and it's a romance it would sound similar to those books.

Is that right?

message 3: by Natalie (new) - added it

In a way yes. But the only comparison is the setting and the fact that the main couple come from two different different classes.

message 4: by OkatuFanBoy (new)

OkatuFanBoy | 13 comments Oh, so is it good?

message 5: by Natalie (new) - added it

I think it's good. It's simple and short and it doesn't feel like there is one villain out there to stop their relationship. It's just a bunch of different characters having justified feelings even if they are against the main couple coming together.

message 6: by OkatuFanBoy (new)

OkatuFanBoy | 13 comments Gotcha. Is it a long series?

message 7: by Natalie (new) - added it

No. The manga is 10 volumes. (As far as I remember.) The anime is 12 episodes. So yeah, it's pretty short.