Bookworm Belles discussion

The One (The Selection, #3)
This topic is about The One
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Ellie and Sarah

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bookworm Belles Moderators (BookwormBelles) | 88 comments Discuss your book here :D

Sarah (wsbecker) I started this and really like it so far. I think it's an easy, quick read. I think the plot is interesting. I noticed it had a lot of 1 star reviews, but I definitely wouldn't say it's bad!

message 3: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 24 comments I agree with you. I got the book from the library today and haven't been able to put it down. The names sorta annoy me though because I can't figure out how to pronounce them correctly.

message 4: by Savannah, Founding Mother-Creator (new)

Savannah (vannah09) | 1261 comments Mod
I have to book, but haven't started to read yet.
But that bugs me too when the names are super confusing, so then I just get stuck on those and have a hard time with continuity.

Sarah (wsbecker) I agree on the names. I find myself saying Ill-ay-a, Ill-e-a, every time that one pops up. And the brother...don't even get me started! ha!

message 6: by Savannah, Founding Mother-Creator (new)

Savannah (vannah09) | 1261 comments Mod
Hahaha :D

message 7: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 24 comments So I feel sorta guilty. I finished the book already because I couldn't put it down. And I realize that it's still the beginning of the month, so if you want we can read the next book in the series. If you can't I completely understand and we can just discuss this book.

Sarah (wsbecker) LOL! I am close and will finish today! I LOVE it! Yes! Let's read the whole series :) I hope the next ones are as good as this. I'll let you know when I'm done.

message 9: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 24 comments Ok, sounds good!

Sarah (wsbecker) Finished. I can't wait to start the next one! I didn't realize the 4th one comes out in May! How will we ever wait that long?! :) Who do you want her to end up with?

message 11: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 24 comments I'm really torn. I want her to end up with Aspen because he's her first love and came back-

message 12: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 24 comments Sorry, I hit post before I meant to. Anyways then I want her to end up with Maxon because he has been nothing but sweet to her an he is just adorably awkward in general.

message 13: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 24 comments Sorry, I hit post before I meant to. Anyways then I want her to end up with Maxon because he has been nothing but sweet to her an he is just adorably awkward in general.

Sarah (wsbecker) Right! I'm usually for the underdog, so I thought I'd be more for Aspen, but I just love the way America and Maxon are together *sigh* I couldn't wait until the next scene when they are tugging their ears :) I love books like this that you just breeze through and make you want to rush out to get the next one.

Sarah (wsbecker) Not sure where you are in Elite or if you've started it, but chapter 9....

message 16: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 24 comments Yeah, I haven't been able to get it yet. But I will soon

Sarah (wsbecker) Finished with Elite. Let me know when you get there :) If you don't get to it, no worries!

message 18: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 24 comments So I was finally able to get Elite from the library today, and I just finished it since I didn't have anything better to do. But oh my gosh, this book was so intense which is probably why I like it better than The Selection. What do you think?

Sarah (wsbecker) I loved this one, but I enjoyed The Selection more. It could have just been I was busy with other things, but it didn't capture my attention and make me want to keep reading like the first. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this series, just had a few spots that slowed me down. Plus I kept getting frustrated with her. I hate how she strings Aspen along the way she does. PICK MAXON AND LET ASPEN GO! HAHA! I'm almost done with The One and I think it is the best by far! So much happening!

message 20: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 24 comments I agree with you about the whole Maxon thing. It is annoying to see her dragging this guy into her situations when she knows she loves someone else. But I think I liked it more because there was more with the rebel attacks and it felt like The Selection was only about the dresses and getting to know the prince.

Sarah (wsbecker) Very true. You will love The One then :) I hate that The Heir doesn't come out until May. Ugh!

Sarah (wsbecker) Finished The One and I think it was my favorite of the 3. So much stuff happens!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.