Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Archive - Challenges > Kirsten's 2015 Challenges

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Kirsten (last edited Jan 03, 2016 02:20PM) (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Here is my 2015 year-end update for my color challenges:

BLUE: The Magpies by Mark Edwards War Dogs Tales of Canine Heroism, History, and Love by Rebecca Frankel The Rosie Effect (Don Tillman, #2) by Graeme Simsion

GREEN: The Case of the Cursed Dodo (The Endangered Files, #1) by Jake G. Panda The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins Phantom Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #1) by Heather Graham

RED: Flash Boys A Wall Street Revolt by Michael Lewis Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice The Wars of the Roses by Alison Weir

BLACK: Revival by Stephen King Portobello by Ruth Rendell Judgment in Death (In Death, #11) by J.D. Robb

WHITE: Hercule Poirot's Christmas A Holiday Mystery by Agatha Christie Interlude in Death (In Death, #12.5) by J.D. Robb Before I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson

YELLOW: Killjoy (Buchanan, #3) by Julie Garwood We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler The Dogfather (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #15) by Susan Conant

PINK: Seduction in Death (In Death, #13) by J.D. Robb Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward

PURPLE: Betrayal in Death (In Death, #12) by J.D. Robb The Shadows (Black Dagger Brotherhood #13) by J.R. Ward Her Royal Spyness (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #1) by Rhys Bowen

ORANGE: Obsession in Death (In Death, #40) by J.D. Robb The Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick A Fire in the Sun (The Budayeen Cycle, 2) by George Alec Effinger

GRAY: Landline by Rainbow Rowell Blindsighted (Grant County, #1) by Karin Slaughter Deadly Memories by S.D. O'Donnell

BROWN: The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins Portrait in Death (In Death, #16) by J.D. Robb The Robber Bride by Margaret Atwood

COLORFUL: Euphoria by Lily King The Ghost and Mrs. Mewer (Paws and Claws Mystery #2) by Krista Davis The Montauk Monster by Hunter Shea

message 4: by Kirsten (last edited Jan 03, 2016 02:21PM) (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) My 2015 Year-End update of the Ultimate 2015 challenge:

A book with 500 pages
The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins

A classic romance

A book that became a movie
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

A book published this year
The Rosie Effect (Don Tillman, #2) by Graeme Simsion The Rosie Effect by Graeme Simsion

A book with a number in the title
The Boat of A Million Years by Poul Anderson The Boat of A Million Years by Poul Anderson

A book written by someone under 30

A book with nonhuman characters
The Case of the Cursed Dodo (The Endangered Files, #1) by Jake G. Panda The Case of the Cursed Dodo by Jake G. Panda

A funny book
Suture Self (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #17) by Mary Daheim Suture Self by Mary Daheim

A book with a female author
Portobello by Ruth Rendell Portobello by Ruth Rendell

A mystery or thriller
Hercule Poirot's Christmas A Holiday Mystery by Agatha Christie Hercule Poirot's Christmas: A Holiday Mystery by Agatha Christie

A book with a one-word title
Revival by Stephen King Revival by Stephen King

A book of short stories

A book set in a different country
The Magpies by Mark Edwards The Magpies by Mark Edwards

A nonfiction book
Flash Boys A Wall Street Revolt by Michael Lewis Flash Boys: A Wall Street Revolt by Michael Lewis

A popular author's first book
Blindsighted (Grant County, #1) by Karin Slaughter Blindsighted by Karin Slaughter

A book from an author you love that you have not read yet
MaddAddam (MaddAddam, #3) by Margaret Atwood MaddAddam by Margaret Atwood

A book a friend recommended
American Bloomsbury Louisa May Alcott, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Margaret Fuller, Nathaniel Hawthorne, and Henry David Thoreau Their Lives, Their Loves, Their Work by Susan Cheever American Bloomsbury: Louisa May Alcott, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Margaret Fuller, Nathaniel Hawthorne, and Henry David Thoreau: Their Lives, Their Loves, Their Work by Susan Cheever

A Pulitzer Prize winning book

A book based on a true story
Euphoria by Lily King Euphoria by Lily King

A book at the bottom of your to-read list
No Dominion (Joe Pitt #2) by Charlie Huston No Dominion by Charlie Huston

A book your mom loves

A book that scares you
Delirious by Daniel Palmer Delirious by Daniel Palmer

A book more than 100 years old
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas

A book based entirely on its cover
Dating the Devil by Lia Romeo Dating the Devil by Lia Romeo

A book you were supposed to read in school but didn't

A memoir
Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson

A book you can finish in a day
Interlude in Death (In Death, #12.5) by J.D. Robb Interlude in Death by J.D. Robb

A book with antonyms in the title

A book set somewhere you've always wanted to visit
Portrait in Death (In Death, #16) by J.D. Robb Portrait in Death by J.D. Robb

A book that came out the year you were born

A book with bad reviews

A trilogy
When Gravity Fails (The Budayeen Cycle, 1) by George Alec Effinger When Gravity Fails
A Fire in the Sun (The Budayeen Cycle, 2) by George Alec Effinger A Fire in the Sun
The Exile Kiss (The Budayeen Cycle, 3) by George Alec Effinger The Exile Kiss
by George Alec Effinger

A book from your childhood
Over Sea, Under Stone (The Dark is Rising, #1) by Susan Cooper Over Sea, Under Stone by Susan Cooper

A book with a love triangle
[bookcover :Clouds of Witness|192888]Clouds of Witness by Dorothy L. Sayers

A book set in the future
Judgment in Death (In Death, #11) by J.D. Robb Judgment in Death by J.D. Robb

A book set in high school

A book with a color in the title
Condition Purple (P Division, #6) by Peter Turnbull Condition Purple by Peter Turnbull

A book that made you cry
Betrayal in Death (In Death, #12) by J.D. Robb Betrayal in Death by J.D. Robb

A book with magic
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

A graphic novel
The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath A Graphic Novel by I.N.J. Culbard The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath: A Graphic Novel by H.P. Lovecraft

A book by an author you've never read before
We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler

A book you own but have never read
The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler

A book that takes place in your hometown (or close to where you live)

A book originally written in a different language
The Boy in the Suitcase (Nina Borg, #1) by Lene Kaaberbøl The Boy in the Suitcase by Lene Kaaberbøl

A book set during Christmas
VanishedVanished by Kendra Elliot

A book written by an author with your same initials
The Woman Who Would Be King Hatshepsut's Rise to Power in Ancient Egypt by Kara Cooney The Woman Who Would Be King: Hatshepsut's Rise to Power in Ancient Egypt by Kara Cooney

A play

A banned book
Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut

A book based on or turned into a TV show
Good Morning, Midnight (Dalziel & Pascoe, #21) by Reginald Hill Good Morning, Midnight by Reginald Hill

A book you started but never finished
The Shining (The Shining, #1) by Stephen King The Shining by Stephen King

message 5: by Geza (new)

Geza Tatrallyay | 7 comments Would you consider adding TWISTED REASONS? It would fill in spaces for title and author...

Twisted Reasons

message 6: by Christine (new)

Christine Wahl (maddashin) | 135 comments Kirsten wrote: "My January update of the Ultimate 2015 challenge:

A book with a one-word title
RevivalRevival by Stephen King by Stephen King

A book with a female author
[book:..."

Good idea. Time consuming but certainly seems like fun. Is this just your challenge or a group challenge?

message 7: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) No, I discovered it at the Cozy Mysteries book club. I don't consider it time consuming. I'm trying to use it clean up my backlog on my Kindle and Audible clouds as well as my bookshelf.

message 9: by Marion (new)

Marion Mlodynia | 573 comments I read The Boy in the Suitcase. I want to read the new books by Tami Hoag, Lisa Gardner, Karin Slaughter, Robert Crais, Dennis Lehane, James Grippando, Sandra Brown, Karen Rose, Karen Robards, etc., etc., etc.