Breathing in the Pages ღ discussion

Books of the Month > March BOTM- Theme: Strong Females, Greek/Roman

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Riya (last edited Feb 01, 2015 07:43PM) (new)

Riya | 636 comments For March we plan on continuing the themed BOTM's!!! This means that all books nominated must be in either of the categories. Each person may nominate one book for each theme.

March is Women's History Month
In honor of this, one of the themes is a book with a strong female lead! Preferably, this female isn't just a supporting character but the true main character, although this isn't completely rigid or set in stone!

Ides of March
March also means the Ides of March which is known as the day the Roman dictator/consul Julius Caesar was killed. For this theme then, books that either take place in Rome or include Roman or Greek mythology can be nominated!

Thanks everyone! If you have any questions just ask :)

message 2: by Veronica (new)

Veronica | 15 comments ides of March: City of Masks

message 3: by Veronica (new)

Veronica | 15 comments Riya wrote: "For March we plan on continuing the themed BOTM's!!! This means that all books nominated must be in either of the categories. Each person may nominate one book for each theme.

March is Women's His..."

By strong female lead, do you mean someone like rose or katniss?

message 4: by Riya (new)

Riya | 636 comments Veronica wrote: "Riya wrote: "For March we plan on continuing the themed BOTM's!!! This means that all books nominated must be in either of the categories. Each person may nominate one book for each theme.

March i..."

Yeah those are two great examples! I think that everyone sees a strong female lead as someone different, but more or less it should just be a female character who truly didn't let everyone else command her, someone who actually had a dynamic personality and was a developed character. I hope that helped a bit!

message 5: by Veronica (new)

Veronica | 15 comments women's history: Shadowland (The Mediator, #1) by Meg Cabot

message 6: by Serena (last edited Feb 02, 2015 10:30AM) (new)

Serena | 5 comments Black Ships (Numinous World, #1) by Jo Graham by Jo Graham. Is the story of Gull, a oracle, born from a slave taken from Troy, who guides Prince Aeneas.

Aeneas was a founder of Rome.

Kindle book is $2.99
wwww.amazon.com/dp/B0010SKU06/

Nobody's Princess (Nobody's Princess, #1) by Esther M. Friesner by Esther M. Friesner. Helen of Sparta goes to Troy.

message 7: by bean (last edited Feb 02, 2015 01:24PM) (new)

bean :) Cleopatra's Moon by Vicky Alvear Shecter (Goodreads Author)

It's about Cleopatra's daughter. :3

message 8: by Riya (new)

Riya | 636 comments Women's History Month: Throne of Glass

Ides of March: Percy Jackson

Anna (Unquenchable Reads) (unquenchablereads) @Riya yes! Throne of glass is amazing

message 10: by Abi (new)

Abi (_abi) | 453 comments 'Beware the ides of March' lol. I absolutely love throne of galss!!

message 11: by Riya (new)

Riya | 636 comments Polls are up!