Veronica Mars Book Club discussion

Mr. Kiss and Tell > MKAT Prologue - Chapter 8

Comments Showing 1-50 of 146 (146 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Neptune Rising (new)

Neptune Rising | 587 comments Mod
Post here for MKAT Prologue and Ch1

message 2: by Tink (new)

Tink | 118 comments I made it! Thought I'd be late for Ch 1.

message 3: by Neptune Rising (new)

Hello everyone! This is Neptune Rising admin Lillian (@VMepicLoVe) and I will be leading todays sessions of the #VMBookClub. Welcome and thank you for joining us on this Super Bowl Sunday!

message 4: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Garcia | 5 comments Yo! Rose here. Trying to get the lay of the land. #firstTimer

message 5: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Garcia | 5 comments Yo! Rose here. Trying to get the lay of the land. #firstTimer

message 6: by Leigh (new)

Leigh Cambra | 102 comments I have book club on my iPad and the super bowl on my laptop. #multitasking lol

message 7: by Tink (new)

Tink | 118 comments Also a #FirstTimer here.

message 8: by Marie (new)

Marie | 42 comments I'm here, but also feeding kids so i might not say much

message 9: by Leigh (new)

Leigh Cambra | 102 comments This is also my first time!

message 10: by Neptune Rising (new)

While we wait a few moments for marshmallows to sign on I would like to go over the contest rules for those of you hoping to win one of our 4 prize packs for the #VMBookClub!

There will be 6 sessions of the #VMBookClub for #MrKissandTell. Those who participate will get one entry per session they participate in. While we welcome all comments in this disucussion even after the admin has signed off, those who post once the session is closed will not recieve an entry. You must have 3 entries to be eligible to win a prize pack. So the minimum amount of entries is 3 and the max is 6 to win. The more entires the greater your chances are at winning. At the close of the 6th session we will pick 4 random winners. The first winner picked will get the larger prize pack and the next 3 winners will recieve the smaller prize packs. There are some excellent prizes, please see our website for more detail and photos of the prizes!

message 11: by Tink (new)

Tink | 118 comments We're all a bunch of newbies. ;) This should be fun. LOL

message 12: by Tink (new)

Tink | 118 comments I need to give myself a profile pic. Next time.

message 13: by Neptune Rising (new)

Welcome to all our #FirstTimers! Thank you for coming!

message 14: by NeptuneQuotes (new)

NeptuneQuotes | 49 comments I loved the prologue! They did a great job bringing us back to Neptune and setting up the story. I was surprised that the body Kozlowski found was alive.

This book definitely included more italicized inner-thoughts and it's fun reading in like the typical Veronica voice-over fashion. More the merrier!

message 15: by Neptune Rising (new)

If anyone has any questions on how the #VMBookClub or the contest works please just let me know! I will be happy to answer all your questions!

message 16: by Neptune Rising (new)

Alright lets get down to it shall we? How excited was everyone for the 2nd VM book to finally come out??? And without saying too much (We are keeping these sessions spoiler free and only posting about the assigned chapters) WHAT DID YOU ALL THINK?

message 17: by Tink (new)

Tink | 118 comments Extremely excited and LoVed it much more than the first book. :)

message 18: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (bookwormmanny) | 41 comments Hi, first Goodreads group ever right here!

message 19: by Neptune Rising (new)

The Prologue was short and sweet and totally set up the suspense for the book for me! I was trying to picture a trash collector in Neptune. Kolowski found more than he bargained for didn't he?

message 20: by Leigh (new)

Leigh Cambra | 102 comments I enjoyed the relationships more in the second book but I thought the mystery was much more interesting in the first book.

message 21: by Marie (new)

Marie | 42 comments It was everything i hoped for. I loved all the old storylines it picked up, and it definitely felt like visiting Neptune again

message 22: by NeptuneQuotes (new)

NeptuneQuotes | 49 comments I like MKAT more than the first book! It truly felt like a VM episode

message 23: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Garcia | 5 comments Welcome! Great to see so many Newbies :)

message 24: by NeptuneQuotes (new)

NeptuneQuotes | 49 comments Neptune Rising wrote: "The Prologue was short and sweet and totally set up the suspense for the book for me! I was trying to picture a trash collector in Neptune. Kolowski found more than he bargained for didn't he?"

he sure did ! I'm intrigued by this character. He only had one chapter, but I want to know more about him! It would be cool to hear from him again (if more books come out)

message 25: by Neptune Rising (new)

It did feel a lot like an episode!

NeptuneQuotes wrote: "I like MKAT more than the first book! It truly felt like a VM episode"

message 26: by Tink (new)

Tink | 118 comments Yeah, this book felt much closer to the spirit of the show than the first one, which had a lot of flaws.

message 27: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Garcia | 5 comments LoVed the prologue so damn much!!!

message 28: by Neptune Rising (new)

NeptuneQuotes wrote: "Neptune Rising wrote: "The Prologue was short and sweet and totally set up the suspense for the book for me! I was trying to picture a trash collector in Neptune. Kolowski found more than he barg..."

I think a trash/treasure collector sure could pop up again in one of Veronica's future cases! You never know what kind of evidence Kolowski could find! Also the pawn shop from TTDTL!

message 29: by Tink (new)

Tink | 118 comments Neptune Rising wrote: "NeptuneQuotes wrote: "Neptune Rising wrote: "The Prologue was short and sweet and totally set up the suspense for the book for me! I was trying to picture a trash collector in Neptune. Kolowski f..."

Yes, definitely a lot of seediness for him to unearth.

message 30: by Neptune Rising (new)

Chapter 1

Weeil's trial is coming to a close. And Veronica is sweating it out with lots and lots of caffinene! I'm not used to seeing our girl sweat that much! You can tell she deinitely doens't like not having control over the situation.

Did anyone think that for a second she mightve thought that she should've stayed a lawyer a little longer and represented Weevil? Or do you think she had complete faith in Cliff?

message 31: by Mandy (last edited Feb 01, 2015 05:20PM) (new)

Mandy (bookwormmanny) | 41 comments He thought she was a mannequin, seems to be symbolic?

message 32: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (bookwormmanny) | 41 comments Loved seeing Cliff in action! Veronica said he was killing it!

message 33: by Tink (new)

Tink | 118 comments Neptune Rising wrote: "Chapter 1

Weeil's trial is coming to a close. And Veronica is sweating it out with lots and lots of caffinene! I'm not used to seeing our girl sweat that much! You can tell she deinitely doens..."

I think she had complete faith in Cliffie, but not in the Neptune justice system, so you never know how things will go. And, our girl, likes to be in control.

message 34: by Marie (new)

Marie | 42 comments I almost wanted her to use the modivation to decide to take the California Bar. I would love to see lawyer veronica.

Neptune Rising wrote: "Chapter 1

Weeil's trial is coming to a close. And Veronica is sweating it out with lots and lots of caffinene! I'm not used to seeing our girl sweat that much! You can tell she deinitely doens..."

message 35: by Neptune Rising (new)

Chapter 1

Cliff refers to himself as the "KMart of the legal system". I literally laughed out loud at this!

message 36: by NeptuneQuotes (new)

NeptuneQuotes | 49 comments Neptune Rising wrote: "Chapter 1

She had complete faith in Cliff, just little faith in the system. I do wish she stayed a lawyer and taken the bar exam, just like I wish Mac stayed at Kane Software for a little longer (not just for the money, but for connections. like Wallace working as an office aid)

message 37: by Tink (new)

Tink | 118 comments Ch. 1 LoVe Cliffie referring to himself as the Kmart of the justice system. I can just hear him saying that. LOL

message 38: by Neptune Rising (new)

Marie wrote: "I almost wanted her to use the modivation to decide to take the California Bar. I would love to see lawyer veronica.

Weeil's trial is coming to a close. And Ver..."

No reason why she can't do both right?

message 39: by Leigh (new)

Leigh Cambra | 102 comments I thought she had total faith in cliff and knew cliff was weevil's best hope. Neptune is corrupt but at least he knows what he's up against.

message 40: by Neptune Rising (new)

NeptuneQuotes wrote: "Neptune Rising wrote: "Chapter 1

Weeil's trial is coming to a close. And Veronica is sweating it out with lots and lots of caffinene! I'm not used to seeing our girl sweat that much! You can t..."

I wished that Mac had stuck around with Kane too! Long enough to at least dig up some more dirt. There must be some shady things happening there.

message 41: by Tink (new)

Tink | 118 comments Neptune Rising wrote: "Marie wrote: "I almost wanted her to use the modivation to decide to take the California Bar. I would love to see lawyer veronica.

Weeil's trial is coming to a c..."

Right! Would be great to have Lawyer/PI Veronica in the future books, movies, series, etc. ;)

message 42: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Garcia | 5 comments I was thinking she deff should be a lawyer as well as a P.I!! This would absolutely come in handy.

message 43: by Neptune Rising (new)

Chapter 1

Weevil is back to his old illegal lifestyle.

Anyone else curious as to what exactly it is that he is doing that is illegal? What's your guess?

message 44: by Leigh (new)

Leigh Cambra | 102 comments I think there is a chance for her to still become a lawyer.

message 45: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (bookwormmanny) | 41 comments Am I the only one who never wanted her to become a lawyer?

message 46: by NeptuneQuotes (new)

NeptuneQuotes | 49 comments Neptune Rising wrote: "Chapter 1

Anyone else curious as to what exactly it is that he is doing that is illegal? What's your guess?"

I would say vandalizing, but I just don't see him doing petty illegal things for no reason. Maybe getting answers and intimidating people to help him clear his name by illegal means.

message 47: by Marie (new)

Marie | 42 comments Neptune Rising wrote: "Chapter 1

Anyone else curious as to what exactly it is that he is doing that is illegal? What's your guess?"

Cubing cars? Stealing cars? Chop shopping cars?

message 48: by Neptune Rising (new)

Chapter 1

All the work Keith did to prove corruption in the Neptune Sheriff's office was thrown out of Weevil's case. They considered it "IRRELEVANT".

Ummmm say what?

message 49: by Tink (new)

Tink | 118 comments Neptune Rising wrote: "Chapter 1

All the work Keith did to prove corruption in the Neptune Sheriff's office was thrown out of Weevil's case. They considered it "IRRELEVANT".

Ummmm say what?"

Sounds like standard Neptune justice system at work.

message 50: by Neptune Rising (new)

Mandy Jo wrote: "Am I the only one who never wanted her to become a lawyer?"

I never felt like it was her end game of course, but I could see why she was drawn to the profession. Justice is such a part of Veronica's DNA. Being a lawyer kind of helped her still be in that world even if she wasn't "fixing" it as a PI.

« previous 1 3