2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

The Thirteenth Tale
This topic is about The Thirteenth Tale
. Week 5: Number in Title > The Thirtheenth Tale by Diane Setterfield

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Britteny, Mod Assistant (new) - rated it 2 stars

Britteny (brittnichol) | 194 comments Mod
So I'm a little behind because of work and a crafting event but this is the book I am reading for this week. It's been on my TBR list for quite a while, so I decided to give it a go!

Anne It's on my list too for this week - I'll be starting it tonight!

message 3: by Britteny, Mod Assistant (new) - rated it 2 stars

This book is going rather slow. I am falling a little behind cuz of work and a crafting event that I participated in (and misplacing a book). Hoping to finish it Saturday and I work a short shift today and then don't work Saturday.
So far, I'm a lil confused on the story. And none of the characters have made themselves super likable to me. Gonna keep persevering though!

Anne I, too, thought it was off to kind of a slow start. I actually am not sure anyone in the story is likeable.... Or not in such a way that they really grab me so far. (I'm about halfway thru and hoping to get thru a lot today since I'm off on Fridays!) I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a brilliant finish! :)

message 5: by Britteny, Mod Assistant (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ugh...this story couldn't end fast enough. by about halfway through I was just miffed and frustrated. It was confusing...and only got confusing later!! So NOT a book I want to read again...I'll probably get rid of it. LOL